Neil Young last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Saw him for the first time at the Hammersmith Apollo in London yesterday. Fantastic performence! The first half of the set was accoustic with the second electric.

Setlist:

From Hank To Hendrix / Ambulance Blues / Sad Movies / A Man Needs A Maid / No One Seems To Know / Harvest / Journey Through The Past / Mellow My Mind / Love Art Blues / Don't Let It Bring You Down / Cowgirl In The Sand / Old Man // Mr. Soul / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Down By The River / Hey Hey, My My / Too Far Gone / Oh, Lonesome Me / The Believer / Powderfinger / No Hidden Path // Cinnamon Girl / Like A Hurricane

I was shocked when we got Hurricane! Thought it was all over after Cinnamon Girl, but no!:drool:

He chatted to the audience quite a bit too which pleased me, as i'd heard from many people that sometimes he didnt interact at all. After Hurricane, i'd say Powderfinger was my personal highlight!

A great night and a superb performence! :rockon:

that's a helluva setlist!
you lucky dog. looks like he hit on everything, even some Buffalo Springfield (MR SOUL!)
incidentally, my rhino records calendar states that on March 3, 1966, Buffalo Springfield formed...

thanks for the report.:wave:

Sounds great Aardvark.

Can't remember the set he did here in LA exactly, but it seems he dropped After the Gold Rush for Don't Let It Bring You Down in the acoustic set & you got acoustic Cowgirl in the Sand :up:

Opening electric with Mr. Soul :drool: , we got Everybody Knows This is Nowhere. Can't lose either way, but you got Hurricane & Down By the River & Hey Hey,My My. :drool: :drool: Lucky you.

Guess your glad you went :)

sounds like an awesome concert!
half acoustic, half electric = pretty sweet deal

Cheers guys. Yeah it was really a great gig, i'm tempted to go down to the venue tonight in the hope of getting a ticket but I should probably leave it. I'd only be annoyed if he played the exact setlist again!:wink:

Although, there's always the slightest of chances that Cortez could be included...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom