Neil Young fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Noticed a few Neil Young fans on board.

1. Did you like the biography "Shakey?" Why, why not?
2. Favorite albums. Why?
3. Favorite songs. Why?
4. Any stories?
5. Anybody know the general vicinity of where he lives. Not
looking for his address. Just general location. Northern or
Southern California? Does he use his property for Greendale
shots?
6. Favorite anecdote you've heard.
7. Greatest contribution to rock and roll?

1. Great book - great read
2. Weld (one of the greatest live recordings of all time)
3. Like A Hurricane / After The Goldrush / Southern Man
4. No stories...and i've never seen him live either:sad:
5. Can't help you there!
6. I'll come back to you on that one!
7. The 'Harvest' album - or the 'Like A Hurricane' solo.....:drool:

1. I still need to read this!
2. God, this is a tough one. This is like choosing kids :wink:
3. Cortez the Killer, Old Man, After the Goldrush...waaaay too many to name.
4. No stories here either.
5. Nope--no idea.
6. He's pretty funny, but nothing is coming to mind at the moment.
7. Jesus....where to start? Neil's the fucking man!

I started reading Shakey back in January and quickly abandoned it. I like rock bios, but not ones that tell you every sandwich and every bus trip the subject had as a kid through adulthood. The book is over 500 pages, a bit much IMO. I'll probably find my way back to it eventually, but only when I'm really ready.

That said, I'm not as huge a Neil Young fan as some here (I'm looking at you, Kris!) but I looooooooove After The Gold Rush. :drool:

I saw Neil Young in concert here on LI in late August. As he sang Harvest Moon, a large golden moon hang over head, and the crowd, who were quite vocal up until then, were silent, in awe of the song and setting. He couldn't have planned it better! Chills went up my spine.

Enjoy him tonight on VH1 when they play the video of him inducting The Pretenders to the Hall of Fame.
By the way, I loved it when Chrissy H. came out (on LI, they were the supporting band for Neil and Crazy Horse the night I speak of) and got on her knees and kissed the stage saying she kissed the ground Neil walks on.

Last edited:
He's a genius.

I love him.

I love his cranky attitude.

I love his acoustic stuff.

I love his ass-kicking live stuff w/ Crazy Horse.

I love the fact he's old and balding. He look just like Neil Young should look.

I love the way he plays guitar, not just the sound of it, but the way he gesticulates and looks like he's in pain.

I love the fact he has songs called "Piece of Shit" and "Fuckin Up."

I love the balls he had playing "Greendale" and sometimes telling the crowd to shut up.

I love him.

I've never read "Shakey." I'll put it on my "to do" list.

I couldn't possibly pick a favorite album, but my favorite song of his will always be "Rocking in the Free World." I guess my big Neil Young story is seeing him do this song with Bruce Springsteen, John Fogarty et al during the Vote for Change Tour. I worship the ground Bruce walks on, but I thought Neil completely stole the show. The whole arena was shakin'.

I also love the fact that he loves the Pretenders and Pearl Jam.

Anybody hear Time Fades Away since it is not out on CD yet?
Neil supposedly doesn't like that one. One of my favorites.

Huge Neil fan here. Met him several times (1987, 1993, 1996). He's from my old high school (Kelvin High Winnipeg, Canada) and is coming on April 3, 2005 for the Juno's (Canada's version of the Grammy's). On Sunday April 3, 2005 a local radio station will become NEIL FM for seven hours. You can tune in via the internet at www.umfm.com - it begins at noon (Central Standard Time) Sunday April 3, 2005
Neil rules!!!

Back
Top Bottom