Neil Finn's new all-star CD/DVD '7 Worlds' :AMAZING - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 03-03-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
The Fly
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Neil Finn's new all-star CD/DVD '7 Worlds' :AMAZING

I don't generally make recommendations, but this calls for an exception: Former Crowded House/Split Enz guru Neil Finn has a new album and DVD out entitled "7 Worlds Collide". It is a live collection featuring a who's who of collaborators: Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, Radiohead's Ed O'Brien and Phil Selway, seminal ex-Smiths, The The and Electronic guitarist Johnny Marr, top violin sessionist Lisa Germano, Soul Coughing bassist Sebastian Steinberg, and brother and former Split Enz bandleader Tim Finn.

This lineup, which oozes talent, played 5 shows in New Zealand in April 2001 and the results, captured on this new live album/DVD are AMAZING. The setlist is mostly Neil's solo work and former CH,SE, and Finn Brothers favorites, with a couple selections from Pearl Jam, The Smiths, and L. Germano's solo stuff (all nice goodies). The arrangements are yourself a favor and pick up the CD or DVD (which features an additional 9 tracks not on the 17 track CD).

Old 03-04-2002, 04:14 AM   #2
War Child
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Thanks for the tip. I've always liked Neil Finn so I just might pick it up!

Old 03-04-2002, 08:13 PM   #3
It's great! He's definitely one of the world's most talented songwriters. But to be honest, though I think Eddie Vedder has quite an interesting voice, I wish Neil sang every track!

Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes
Old 03-05-2002, 02:37 AM   #4
yep Neil rules, havent seen the dvd yet (I gave it to my girlfriend at Christmas) but really want to, love all his Crowded House and solo stuff, not too well up on the Enz stuff other than what he's been doing live. I think he really reworks some of the classic CH tracks like Distant Sun and Dont Dream its over so well really.
Also very much recommended is his concert from the Borderline, which you can see/hear on the net (you need media player or realplayer) from here:

Blame it on the little guy...WITH ONE EYE!!!

Old 03-08-2002, 03:54 PM   #5
The Fly
Hawkfire, sorry i didn't see this thread earlier, but I have to agree, it's so FANTASTIC!!! Right now I'm listening to Don't dream it's over off that CD, and this song has always been my fave of all times along with U2's with or without you (does my signature give away anything? ), but this version of it really amazes me so much. I have the dvd (I'm the girlfriend who got it for Christmas from cloudimani btw ) but haven't seen all of it yet, but I loved what I saw. Neil Finn rules, I love his music and his lyrics.

Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over

[This message has been edited by riverdraicin (edited 03-08-2002).]
Old 03-09-2002, 09:58 PM   #6
love, blood, life
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Too bad I can't get the DVD (you know all the region encoding stuff). I really wanted to hear Eddie Vedder doing History Never Repeats with Betchadupa.