neil finn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
fucking rocks.

i've recently got the ability to get dvds from the local library, so i picked up seven worlds collide. i have the cd, but dvds cost like $50-$60, which is way too much for a poor student like me.

but damn what great performances of great songs. neil's got such a fantastic voice, and he's got the songs to back him up.

Yep. :heart:

And I think Crowded House were better masters of the pop song than the Beatles. :silent:

joyfulgirl said:
Yep. :heart:

And I think Crowded House were better masters of the pop song than the Beatles. :silent:

I knew I liked you for some reason! :heart: They are my favorite band next to Radiohead, and Neil Finn, in my opnion is the true successor to Elvis Costello. I got to meet Neil on last years' American tour and it was really gratifying to be able to tell him how much of a hero he is to me.

joyfulgirl said:
I've got to get that DVD. :hyper:

It's seriously the best $20 you'll ever spend. Neil Finn, Eddie Vedder, Johnny Marr, Ed O'Brien/Phil Selway of Radiohead, Tim Finn, Lisa Germano, Sebastien Steinberg (bassist from Soul Coughing) and Neil's son's band Betchadupa doing kick ass renditions of "History Never Repeats" & "I See Red." Brilliant!

Last edited:
I listened to a Crowded House best of yesterday :):):)

I've told my Neil Finn story here before. Split Enz were special to me, Crowded House were brilliant( Nessy was a card and Nick Seymour was cool, as bass players tend to be) and then when Neil went solo !WOW!......he is a master of lyric, guitar and voice.
Because he started so young we have the pleasure of hearing so much of his work. Beautiful.

PS: I have been listening to a lot of The Beatles music this past week or two,!WOW! they were good too. So many great songs.Ahhhhhh music..play on. And more U2 music to look forward to
:) :) :) :)

so I finally finished watching the dvd.

one word. wow.

four seasons in one day with johnny marr's harmoncia was beautiful, as was private universe, the crowd singing along to fall at your feet, and the lovely paradise (wherever you are). history never repeats was amazing.

neil finn :bow:

looks like i need to hear this.

yertle, sorry i disappeared without warning on AIM earlier. the lights flickered and suddenly the electricity shorted out and the computer restarted, and being just a lowly dj no one tells me the log in and password to get the computer back into the network so i can use the internet (mofo, same goes for you if you're reading this).

I'm moving into a house this week with someone who has a huge entertainment system, so this DVD will be my housewarming gift to us.

Let me join in:

Neil Finn
:bow:

Try Whistling This and especially Together Alone are great, great albums. Neil Finn has such a unique songwriting style - so honest, almost stream-of-consciousness. He could've been a poet. Only, that would be a great shame, cos then we wouldn't get to hear his voice :bow:

Back
Top Bottom