Neil Finn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yimou

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Neil Finn is simply one of the greatest songwriters EVER.

This guy should win a grammy every year, even if he havn´t released an album :wink: It would only be fair.

Neil Finn is cool. :up: Distant Sun is one of the loveliest songs I've ever heard. As for the A Grammy A Year thing... lol!

Last edited:
You got superb taste in Music Sally,, And so do i :wink:

Private Universe is one of the best songs ever written.
That, and the rest of the Crowded House catalogue.
That, and the rest of his solo output (bought One Nil recently).

:up:

"Turn and Run" and "She Will Have Her Way" are two of my favorite songs ever, and I am forever indebted to HeadsonSticks for showing me the Neil Finn light.

Neil Finn :up:

Has anyone here heard the new Finn Brothers album "Everyone is Here"? It's kind of a feel-good sing-along album, and I don't usually like that kind of music very much, but this album is great!

This weekend I saw that they (the Finn Brothers) are coming my town in April. Sadly, the concert is already sold out. :|
*will try probably on the day of the show to get a cheap ticket*

I have seen Neil Finn a couple of times and the Finn Brothers on the latest tour.

Take this advice - GO! Run as fast as you can and get tickets.

Neil is fantastic on his own, but to see him (and the brotherly competition kick-in) gives another dimension to the concert.

Missy Higgins was the support act in Perth (I don't know if she is everywhere).

Last solo concert I went to for Neil he fell off the stage. (Unlike Bono, Neil was walking forwards and just walked right off the end and then proceeded to keep playing and singing while lying on the floor. It was a very funny night!)

My favourite Crowded House song at the moment is Private Universe.

no time no place to talk about the weather
the promise of love is hard to ignore
who said the chance wasn't getting any better
the labour of love is ours to endure
the highest branch on the apple tree
it was my favourite place to be
I could hear them breaking free
but they could not see me
I will run for shelter
endless summer lift the curse
it feels like nothing matters
in our private universe
I have all I want is that simple enough
there's a whole lot more I'm thinking of
every night about six o'clock
birds come back to the palm to talk
they talk to me, birds to talk to me
if I go down on my knees
I will run for shelter
in our private universe
in our private universe
and it's a pleasure that I have known
and it's a treasure that I have gained
and it's a pleasure that I have known
it's a tight squeeze but I won't let go
love is on the table and the dinner's cold (*)
I will run for shelter
in our private universe

Tania said:
I have seen Neil Finn a couple of times and the Finn Brothers on the latest tour.

Take this advice - GO! Run as fast as you can and get tickets.

Trust me i ran !!!!!!!!!,, Got tickets for the Copenhagen show in April with the Finn brothers.

:up: I like their music, next to Bruce Springsteen my other music discovery between the last two U2 albums. Also, Neil Finn is probably one of my favorite singers.

I have the first album, the one that was released in 88, Woodface and Afterglow.

:confused: How many albums did they release? I've never seen other House albums in CD stores here (except for Best of), nor any Neil Finn solo work nor any Finn brothers albums.

edit: I just found this in the internet sales of the CD store: Neil F. : Sky is falling. :hmm: Is this him or not?

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
and

'I don't pretend to know what you want/but I offer love' has to be one of the greatest lyrics in history.

Yes, another of my favourites (from Private Universe) is "endless summer - live the curse" which is a great description of summer in Australia:yes:

mystery girl said:

Has anyone here heard the new Finn Brothers album "Everyone is Here"? It's kind of a feel-good sing-along album, and I don't usually like that kind of music very much, but this album is great!

I really like that album, I got it last year

Tania said:

Yes, another of my favourites (from Private Universe) is "endless summer - live the curse" which is a great description of summer in Australia:yes:

Hmmm, I always thought it was "endless summer lift the curse". I'll have to go listen to Private Universe more carefully, lol.

I'm glad some people here have heard of the new Finn Brothers album! I think "Disembodied Voices" is great too. Another song that is really, really good is "Way Back Down" - I think it's on the "Won't Give in " single. I' can't remember all the lyrics, but some of my favourite are "Wind is (or "winter's" - I'm not sure) playing in the treetops/Helicopters circle round/looking for a place to put down/This heavy dream...

I too am a Neil Finn fan - also of Tim's work. I love 7 Worlds Collide and Message to my Girl is a great song. I remember listening to the 'newest' Crowded House [on cassette!] when we were camping at the Pontiac Silverdome for tickets to Joshua Tree tour. U2 and the Finn's have always been great musical voices for me.

Back
Top Bottom