Need info on the crew man that died at the Metallica concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
I remember years ago seeing a video of a concert where some techie or crew guy got caught in an unfortunate incident involving the pyrotechnics (?) at one of the shows and later died in hospital or something. Does anyone know the name of the video it is on, or which concert it was, any info on it would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks!

I may be off base here, but I would guess that this did not happen.

During one of Metallica's tours (designed by Mark Fisher - U2's stage designer) part of the show had one of the crew guys (and pyro experts) lit on fire as he fell off the lighting rig. While most of the audience thought it was a real accident, it was simply a planned part of the show.

or

I know James Hetfield the lead singer got very badly burned during a show in Montreal when the pyro went off at the wrong time as he stood over it...

that's all I know

Thanks guys :) Its the first one you mentioned Ouizy. I didn't think it had even happened until I saw the vid and dont really see why/how it was part of the show as it simply looked like a terrible accident. But then, I guess anything is entertainment lol. MTV is doing Metallica month at the moment to coincide with the new material so maybe they will show it, who knows.
Thanks again anyway!

Back
Top Bottom