Need help with Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a record is a recorded piece of music USUALLY refering to vinyl. and album can be one any form of media, although there are some people who consider an album something only on vinyl, it can apply to things on cds or tapes as well. even mp3s, i guess, although i haven't heard anyone say "i have an album on mp3"...

cd doesn't mean album, it means the disc that you put in the player. tape too...

i haven't a clue why i've devoted any time to thinking about this...but clearly i have :shifty:

coldplay:):):):)
I might get to see them in July.
Be postive
I am seeing them in July:)
tickets go on sale May 2nd

> Currently listening to them

I'm also still thinking of going to their stadium concert here in the Netherlands in July. It's a shared bill with Live (and support from Supergrass and Nada Surf). Still don't know it though...

C ya!

Marty

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
A Rush of Blood to the Head.

Or is that a record? You know what? I can't tell. What's the difference between a record and an album?

hmm... I'll venture my humble opinion...

A record is any "recording." It's a very open term; ATYCLB can be considered a record, so too can the Beautiful Day single. Although like IWasBored said, it is usually used as the general term for vinyl LPs.

An album is a more specific term referring to a collection of recordings, which in terms of music is usually that of one artist. e.g., U2's ATYCLB.

Yeah, I'm not too sure why I resorted so much time to this either IWasBored. :D

Back
Top Bottom