Need help- anybody here got super fine hair???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I do and I hate it, I have booked myself in to the hairdresser's on Saturday and as yet I am still undecided what to do with it....at the moment my hair just sits on my shoulder blades and I have a fringe and it is dyed light browny/blonde- over the years I have done so much to my hair but it has pretty much always been long. dead straight and fine and what I think is boring, so anyway I want to 'funk' it up a bit but it is so hard when your hir is really, really fine I was thinking about getting it cut into a really sleek bob and dyed dark brown underneath and left blonde on top, kinda like Madonna's hair in the 'what it feels like for a girl' video clip, but hey any thoughts, opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated:)

I don't have fine hair....but I can try to help you...

Oz is this the cut that you want?

t.madonna.jpg

Why don't you get it cut shorter? Like a messy, funky short haircut?

Also what are your facial features like?

She seems to have fine hair:

NATALIE+IMBRUGLIA.jpg

natalie.jpg

Last edited:
I can relate!

I have thin, straight, fine hair. My hairdresser layers my hair (kinda shaggy) and does a foil highlight/bleach/streak job. This highlighting gives my hair more volume. My hair is naturally a boring brown. Right now it has reddish highlights. You could do goldne or blonde highlights, too. He uses colors that blend with my natural color. The layering also helps give it some lift.

i have thin hairs, but lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of them. if my hair goes past chin length, it takes 2 binders to hold it in a ponytail.

i'd use volumizing shampoo/conditioner too. and leave the conditioner in for like 5 minutes. your hair will be soft, smell nice, and will stay in a style longer.

I've got fine hair...but it has a bit of a wave to it...

Get some layers that will add fullness to your hair

also try blow drying it upside down to add some fullness.

But DO NOT GET A PERM!!!!!!!!!

it will only dry out your hair and make it look ratty.

thanks for your replies peoples- with the Madonna pic, I want that colouring but not really the cut, I was thinking about getting a really sleek bob as I have some layers in my hair at the moment and to be honest this is why I was thinking a bob as I want to get these layers cut out as I think they have done the opposite to my hair, instead of making it look fuller I feel that the layers just make my hair look rattier as they are the kind of layers that are designed for someone with really thick hair, I think the last person who cut my hair was trying to give me the really shaggy look which is nice if you have thick hair you end up with your hair looking like Monica on friends but when your hair is fine- well it aint so good..........

and my facial features, well I have high cheekbones, very fair complexion, big eyes and I guess my face is oval shaped.....anyway I will let you all know how it turned out on Monday (when I will be next near a com after going to the salon) and if I can get hold of a digital camera I will take some pics too:)

Back
Top Bottom