Need a song for a vow renewal ceremony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Help, fellow Interferencers! My parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal ceremony next month. They've asked me to sing at the service, but have no idea what they'd like me to sing.

Their initial wedding song was The Wedding Song (There Is Love), which I can always sing again if I can't come up with something else, but it's not their (or my) first choice.

Any suggestions? I don't think they have a preference as to whether the song is sacred or secular. Are there songs specifically suited for a recommitment ceremony as opposed to the actual wedding day?

Hmm ... a good suggestion, but I don't think I could find the sheet music for that. :wink:

I think at this point, if I said I wanted to sing a U2 song, my parents would just roll their eyes at me! :wink:

corianderstem said:
I think at this point, if I said I wanted to sing a U2 song, my parents would just roll their eyes at me! :wink:

But how will they know it's a U2 song? :shifty:

what about... What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

Please don't apologize! I'm considering everything that gets suggested, even if I make a winky comment about it.

:wink:

Doubt these would work for your parents, but these are some intense love songs to me; if anything, perhaps some fellow Interferencers will be inspired to put these on a mix tape for a crush & future spouse .....

You Are The Light -- Lone Justice
You Are The Everything -- REM
Dance with You -- Live
Possession -- Sarah McLachlan

I sent them an MP3 of Mary Chapin Carpenter's version of John Lennon's "Grow Old With Me," and they LOVED it.

So it all worked great - easy song to sing, easy for the pianist to play. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom