Nebraska in the Rose Bowl... wtf?!?! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 12-10-2001, 07:29 AM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 03:54 PM
They're going to the Rose Bowl people.

Old 12-10-2001, 08:03 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Colorado having 2 losses really takes them out of the equation, though they are clearly playing as well as anyone right now.
Oregon is the team screwed by the BCS, ranked #2 in both polls, but only 4 in BCS.
The Fiesta Bowl might be a better game than the Rose Bowl, and if Nebraska beats Miami, you could see split polls at year's end with Nebraska #1 in one and Oregon/Colorado winner #1 in other.
One word: Playoff.

Old 12-10-2001, 10:10 AM   #18
War Child
Local Time: 11:54 AM
If the NCAA had any brains whatsoever, the winners of the Colorado/Oregon and Miami/Nebraska games would play each other for the true national championship. It's that simple. The money that the bowls make now is peanuts compared to what the take would be in overall revenue (tickets, TV ratings, etc.) with a playoff system.

"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!
Old 12-10-2001, 01:13 PM   #19
The Fly
Local Time: 07:54 AM
My quick opinion.

What the hell will it take for people to finally take the Pac-10 fucking seriously???? Ok, I know my team didnt exactly live up to expectations, but we had problems of our own, seperate from the Pac-10. Not a difficult enough schedual my ASS!! How many ranked teams were there from the pac 10? Their only loss was to Stanford, a great 9-2 team (who also happened to be the team that started UCLA's hirrible slide) who was ranked.

Old 12-11-2001, 03:02 AM   #20
The Fly
Originally posted by Hewson:
Colorado having 2 losses really takes them out of the equation, though they are clearly playing as well as anyone right now.
This is what many Colorado backers are overlooking. The BCS is a composite of the entire season, not just what's going on right now, or what happened on a given November Saturday in Boulder.I'm not a Husker fan, but I'm afraid I've got to side with them on this one. Colorado lost twice (one was at Texas 41-7) Oregon's loss was at home, and had a few other uninspired wins against Oregon St. and Wisconsin. Like one official said, anytime you do not have two undefeated teams, there will be controversy. It doesn't mean the system is bad.
Don't get me wrong, this system is far from perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was 10-15 years ago. And if you step back and take it all in, you'll notice that it is evolving. It used to be that the major bowls were all tied into conferences. Then came the Bowl Alliance and Bowl Alliance II. Finally the BCS. I'd like to see a playoff. 16 teams is to much to ask. Besides, the #16 team in the nation has very little chance to win it all. I'd like to see 8 teams. Pick them just like they do now, 6 conference champs + 2 at large choices. Use the 4 major bowls as quarter finals and go from there.
Old 12-11-2001, 05:04 PM   #21
I'm from Nebraska. We take our football very serious here because there's nothing else to do or watch. Go Huskers!!!

[This message has been edited by Bjork (edited 12-11-2001).]
Old 12-11-2001, 09:30 PM   #22
War Child
posted by U2Bama
But you're losing your head coach to Navy.

it's sad, but I suppose Navy is a higher calling.