NBA Playoff Time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Make your predictions known...

Eastern Conference

First Round
#1 Miami over #8 New Jersey in 6 games
#4 Chicago over #5 Washington in 7 games
#6 Indiana over #3 Boston in 6 games
#2 Detroit over #7 Philadelphia in 5 games... bitches

Second Round
#1 Miami over #4 Chicago in 4 games
#2 Detroit over #6 Indiana in 5 rounds... err... games

Conference Finals
#1 Miami over #2 Detroit in 6 games

Western Conference

First Round
#1 Phoenix over #8 Memphis in 4 games
#4 Dallas over #5 Houston in 5 games
#6 Sacramento over #3 Seattle in 7 games
#2 San Antonio over #7Denver in 5 games

Second Round
#1 Phoenix over #4 Dallas in 7 games
#2 San Antonio over #6 Sacramento in 6 games

Conference Finals
#2 San Antonio over #1 Fa-hoo-nix in 6 games

NBA Finals
Miami Heat over San Antonio Spurs in 6 games... causing the greatest Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant moment of the year.

East:
Miami over NJ in 5
Pissed-ons over 76ers in 4
Celtics over Pacers in 7
Bullets over Bulls in 7

Rd2:
Heat over Wizzaahhds in 5
Pissed-ons over Celtics in 6....bitches.

EC Final: Pissed-ons over Heat in 6

West
Lakers over..oh wait thats right....
Suns over Grizz in 6
Nuggets over Spurs in 7
Sack over Seattle in 5
Dollass over Houston in 5

Rd 2:
Suns over Dollass in 7
Denver Omelettes over Sack in 6

WC Finals: Suns set over Denver in 5

NBA Finals: Feenix over Pissed-ons in 6...take that bitches.

East

Miami over NJ in 7
Detroit over Philly in 4
Boston over Indiana in 5 (5th game is blowout)
Washington over Chicago in 7

2nd Round
Miami over Washington in 6
Detroit over Boston in 7 (echoing the great Pistons/Celtics series of the 80s)

Final
Detroit over Miami in 7

West
Phoenix over Memphis in 5
San Antonio over Denver in 4
*flips coin* Seattle over Sacramento in 7
Dallas over Houston in 6

2nd round
Dallas over Phoenix in 6
San Antonio over Seattle in 5

Final
Dallas over San Antonio in 7

NBA Final
Detroit over Dallas in 7 (7th goes into double OT)

Last edited:
Miami over NJ in 5
Chicago over Washington in 6
Indiana over Boston in 6
Detroit over Philadelphia in 5

Miami over Chicago in 5
Detroit over Indiana in 6

Detroit over Miami in 7

Phoenix over Memphis in 5
Dallas over Houston in 6
Seattle over Sacramento in 5
San Antonio over Denver in 5

Phoenix over Dallas in 6
San Antonio over Seattle in 6

Phoenix over San Antonio in 7

Detroit over Phoenix in 7

Headache in a Suitcase said:
when will coaches realize that they shouldn't base their entire team defense around slowing down shaq

especially after watching larry brown do this last year and beat the lakers with a vastly sub-par team... baffles me

Are you calling B.Wallace/R.Wallace/Prince/Hamilton/Billups sub-par?

Make your predictions known...

Eastern Conference

First Round
#1 Miami over #8 New Jersey in 6 games
#4 Chicago over #5 Washington in 7 games
#6 Indiana over #3 Boston in 6 games
#2 Detroit over #7 Philadelphia in 5 games... bitches

Second Round
#1 Miami over #4 Chicago in 4 games
#2 Detroit over #6 Indiana in 5 rounds... err... games

Conference Finals
#1 Miami over #2 Detroit in 6 games

Western Conference

First Round
#1 Phoenix over #8 Memphis in 4 games
#4 Dallas over #5 Houston in 5 games
#6 Sacramento over #3 Seattle in 7 games
#2 San Antonio over #7Denver in 5 games

Second Round
#1 Phoenix over #4 Dallas in 7 games
#2 San Antonio over #6 Sacramento in 6 games

Conference Finals
#2 San Antonio over #1 Fa-hoo-nix in 6 games

NBA Finals
Miami Heat over San Antonio Spurs in 6 games... causing the greatest Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant moment of the year.

I'm on board with the making fun of Kobe Bryant party. However, I think I'm rooting for Phoenix. I'm a huge Steve Nash fan. To be completely honest, I'm a Sixers fan. However, I'm also a realist. There's no way the sixers come out of that series. I don't understand how Jim O'Brian can have a three-point oriented offensive system with only one guy who can shoot the three. That is, Kyle Korver. I just don't get it.

Shaq and Wade vs. Duncan and Ginobli, wake me in June.

And, where the hell are the NHL Playoffs?!?!?

Damned idiots, I knew I'd miss the nightly chaos and tension of the NHL playoffs.

Doc Rivers does not know how to coach, by the way.

5 of 6 teams to play last night scored over 100 points... haven't seen that since the early 90s.

of course the question you have to ask is is it because the level of play is improving, or is it because the nba has tailored the game towards the offensive end so much that it was just a matter of time... :hmm:

is ironic how many of the players who looked horrific in this past olympics are having breakout seasons... i.e. amare stoudamire, shawn marion, dwayne wade...

More and more I'm starting to side with Ron Artest...Allen Iverson hit with a coin thrown by a Detroit knucklehead Tuesday night. Fortunately the igno was caught and faces a possible 90 days in jail and $500 fine (thats 2000 quarters buddy).

They should force the Pissed-ons to play their home games in an empty arena. Maybe if the Pissed-ons forfeited the next game where one of their "fans" throws something at an opposing player, the morons in the Motor City would start to smarten up.

compared to the talent of shaq and kobe? yes... 100% absolutely.

But winning an NBA championship is not just about individual talent, it is about which group of players does that best job of harnessing their individual talents and combining them to make the best machine, so-to-speak. The Pistons were the better team in the 04 Finals. No, they didn't have any one player better than Shaq, but as a team, they were better. That's why they won the series in 5 games.

namkcuR said:

But winning an NBA championship is not just about individual talent, it is about which group of players does that best job of harnessing their individual talents and combining them to make the best machine, so-to-speak. The Pistons were the better team in the 04 Finals. No, they didn't have any one player better than Shaq, but as a team, they were better. That's why they won the series in 5 games.

fine... if it suits you better, i will reword...

the lakers lost to a collection of less talented players who would have been humiliated had kobe bryant not been a giant douche bag... and/or would have been humiliated if san antonio or minnesota had advanced to the finals instead. they just happened to run into the right team at the right time and took full advantage of the situation. they could have shit the bed anyway, but they didn't, and they fully deserved to be crowned NBA champions, despite not having the most talent.

that work better for you?

people tend to forget that shaq dominated ben & rasheed wallace in this series... they also tend to forget that the west dominated the east throughout the regular season... that the pistons barely got by the Nets, a team that had lost the previous two NBA finals in convincing fashion (and a team that is currently getting dismantled by the Shaq led Miami Heat right now...)

i'm not saying detroit isn't good, or that detroit didn't deserve to win last year... they won, so they deserve it. all i'm saying is that people tend to over-rate the pistons' talent level just a tad.

Last edited:
People tend to overrate Kobe Bryant too. Seriously...for arguement's sake, let's imagine a scenario where Kobe gets traded to LA in 1996, just like he was, but where Shaq re-signs in Orlando instead of coming to LA. What would Kobe have become? I think he would've been a good player, probably something like the likes of Vince Carter or Paul Pierce, but he NEVER would've gotten the hype and the fame he's gotten, and he never would've gotten all of these homers(not you, you actually know what you're talking about) that think he's automatically an HOF player. I don't think so. For my money, Shaq and Duncan are the only players in the NBA right now who will go to the HOF for sure.

Rant over.

namkcuR said:
For my money, Shaq and Duncan are the only players in the NBA right now who will go to the HOF for sure.

Rant over.
There's certainly a few other sure fire hall of famers playing currently...Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson, Jason Kidd (he's already in the wife beater's hall of fame)...and a few who haven't had the time in the league yet to be locks but certainly will be barring major injury... Dirk Diggler Nowitzki, LeBron for example. As for Koberapist, he'll likley get in due to the titles and high scoring average, but he represents an awful loy of what's wrong with today's NBA (not to mention his off court issues).

namkcuR said:
For my money, Shaq and Duncan are the only players in the NBA right now who will go to the HOF for sure.

i'll bite...

of the current players in the NBA...

If they retired today they're in... no questions asked
Shaq
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Reggie Miller
Jason Kidd
Gary Payton
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
Darko Milicic:wink:

The "at one point we looked destined to be hall of famers but something went horrificly wrong along the way so now have no chance" club, with what went wrong in parenthesis
Grant Hill... (ankles)
Alonzo Mourning... kidneys
Vince Carter... (bitchfullness)
Anfernee Hardaway... (shaq left)
Latrell Sprewell... (pj carlisemo's neck)
Rasheed Wallace... (weed)
Ron Artest... (party cup)

The "someone with less than half a clue will try to argue these guys but the reality is they ain't gettin' in" club
Stephon Marbury
Paul Pierce
Antowine Walker
Ben Wallace
Steve Francis

The Dikembe Mutumbo Award for a guy who pretty much sucks but was so dominant at one particular aspect of the game that you have to at least consider him for a half a second before dismissing him
Dikembe Mutumbo

The would be locks for the Hall of they continued their current pace for at least another 5+ years
Lebron James
Dirk Nowtizki
Amare Stoudamire
Tracy McGrady
Jermaine O'Neal
Steve Nash

The guys with the potential to get there, but it's waaaaaaaaay too early to really decide where there careers will go
Dwayne Wade
Yao Ming
Kirk Hinrich
Michael Redd
Carmello Anthony
Andrei Kirilenko
Ben Gordon

Last edited:

the lakers lost to a collection of less talented players who would have been humiliated had kobe bryant not been a giant douche bag... and/or would have been humiliated if san antonio or minnesota had advanced to the finals instead. they just happened to run into the right team at the right time and took full advantage of the situation. they could have shit the bed anyway, but they didn't, and they fully deserved to be crowned NBA champions, despite not having the most talent.

that work better for you?

people tend to forget that shaq dominated ben & rasheed wallace in this series... they also tend to forget that the west dominated the east throughout the regular season... that the pistons barely got by the Nets, a team that had lost the previous two NBA finals in convincing fashion (and a team that is currently getting dismantled by the Shaq led Miami Heat right now...)

i'm not saying detroit isn't good, or that detroit didn't deserve to win last year... they won, so they deserve it. all i'm saying is that people tend to over-rate the pistons' talent level just a tad.

Ah, c'mon. You can't shut down everybody on the other team all the time. The Pistons chose to keep Shaq single-covered most of the time, and he scored tons of points, but everybody else won their matchups.

Ben Wallace just got knocked over by Allen Iverson, drawing a charge.

I'm not sure which of them should be more embarrassed by the incident.

speedracer said:

Ah, c'mon. You can't shut down everybody on the other team all the time. The Pistons chose to keep Shaq single-covered most of the time, and he scored tons of points, but everybody else won their matchups.

that's kinda my point... they knew shaq was gonna score anyways... so instead of double teaming him, they doubled kobe... 'cause larry brown actually watched a game film and picked up on the worst kept secret in basketball... kobe doesn't care if he's double teamed and has no shot, he's shooting anyway, because he is, in fact, a rotten little bitch.

plan worked to perfection.

Kobe averaged 27.5 pts, 6 rebs, and 6 assists a game this year. The guy is an rat bastard, but he is one of the most talented players in the league.

Will be in the hall of fame :up:

Last edited:
I hope everyone here is comparing Michaels stats to kobe's stats, even when Kobe has his own team, he can not average as much as Michael or can he get anywhere near Michael's FG%. Michael was always 50% for his career, while Kobe is around 45% or less. Just in case there are any Kobe lovers here, no one will ever be better then Michael he is the KING of basketball, stats dont lie, Kobe is good, but he doesnt have the talent or the intelligence of MJ. And PIPPEN RULES ALSO! And the BULLS will hopefully win a couple games against Miami!

macphisto23 said:
I hope everyone here is comparing Michaels stats to kobe's stats, even when Kobe has his own team, he can not average as much as Michael or can he get anywhere near Michael's FG%. Michael was always 50% for his career, while Kobe is around 45% or less. Just in case there are any Kobe lovers here, no one will ever be better then Michael he is the KING of basketball, stats dont lie, Kobe is good, but he doesnt have the talent or the intelligence of MJ. And PIPPEN RULES ALSO! And the BULLS will hopefully win a couple games against Miami!

yea thanks... only a douchetacular douchearoonie would ever compare michael jordan to kobe bryant... no one was doing such things here.

but your arguments about why Jordan is better than Kobe... which is obviously true... are not good arguments. you can't go on stats alone. if stats were all that mattered, than hands down, no questions asked, Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest player to ever live.

but he's not... Jordan is. stats count only so much.

RademR said:
Kobe averaged 27.5 pts, 6 rebs, and 6 assists a game this year. The guy is an rat bastard, but he is one of the most talented players in the league.

Will be in the hall of fame :up:

he's also the second worst guy to have as a teammate in the entire NBA, right behind Iverson.

his assists were up (although just 2 years ago, with shaq, he averaged 5.9 a game), but his field goal percentage was down... again... his turnovers were up, and, most importantly, his touches were WAY up.

u dont think Detroit have a chance of knocking them off?

I say Miami over Detroit in 6 or 7, but the Pistons got a chance at it.

Back
Top Bottom