NBA Playoff Time... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

he's also the second worst guy to have as a teammate in the entire NBA, right behind Iverson.

his assists were up (although just 2 years ago, with shaq, he averaged 5.9 a game), but his field goal percentage was down... again... his turnovers were up, and, most importantly, his touches were WAY up.
I'd rather have Iverson as a teammate. He's got more heart. There are times when you can see he actually makes an effort to get his teammates involved. He's much better at carrying an entire franchise on his back than Kobe is.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:52 PM
The Pistons will win it all. Here's why. I have never watched a team play so well together on both ends of the floor. On offense, these guys know their roles and work them to perfection. They have a clutch shooter in Billups, but also know to ride the hot hand as seen last night vs. Philly. Rip was hot, and he took the shots in the end. Depth could be an issue, but they have players who won't kill them and do fit a role. They have to get by Indiana first, but Miami will not beat this team. The Jones' can't beat this team. Shaq will do his thing but the other players will not.

Defense: They work as a team. Watch a team like Dallas or Seattle play D. How many players see the ball weakside and come help out. EVERYONE does on the Pistons. If a player can drive to the basket, they're usually either at least fouled or usually blocked. This team figures out how to beat you and that's that. Iverson scored lots of points, but who moved on? I just don't see anyone in the East beating this team.

I could be convinced about the Spurs however.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:52 PM
I hate the Wizards...things don't look good for my Bulls...
Old 05-05-2005, 05:49 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Guarantee that U2's road crew will all be rooting for the Wizards Friday night.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:01 AM   #35
Blue Crack Distributor

i can't wait for miami to rip detroit a new one...

and on a side note, wow that was a kick in the nuts for the bulls last night.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Detroit will beat Miami. Seriously all they have to do is get Shaq in foul trouble and they win that particular game. DWade can't beat the Pistons all by himself. Shaq in foul trouble = Pistons win.

And screw Gilbert Arenas. The Bulls have been my team for a decade and a half, as long as I've watched NBA basketball. I was SO pumped after the Wiz choked and the Bulls tied it in the last 35 seconds. I was pumped for overtime.

The Wizards didn't deserve to win that game. When your team misses that many free throws in the final minute of a playoff game, your team doesn't deserve to win that game. Period. Screw Arenas.

And here's to hoping the Rockets win two in a row.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor

win your team ends with more points than the other team, you deserve to win the game.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
win your team ends with more points than the other team, you deserve to win the game.
That's bullshit and you know it. The wizards choked their asses off in the last minute of that game and that got damn lucky Arenas hit that shot. They didn't deserve to win the game, period.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:56 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Detroit will beat Miami. Seriously all they have to do is get Shaq in foul trouble and they win that particular game. DWade can't beat the Pistons all by himself. Shaq in foul trouble = Pistons win.
What's the Pissed-ons plan for getting Shaq into foul trouble? Give the ball to offensive Machine Ben Wallace in the post?
The Pissed-ons game is too perimeter oriented to present Shaq with defensive difficulties andf the likelihood of foul trouble. Coupled with the fact that the Pissed-ons have a tendency to go into long scoring droughts in most of their games, beating the Heat will be tough, not impossible, but tough.

As for Dwayne Wade beating the Pissed-ons solo if Shaq were on the bench, don't overlook the role Eddie Jones will play in that series (assuming it comes to fruition), his perimeter and slashing game will be huge, as well as his D on either Hannibal Lechter Hamilton or Chauncy Gardner Billups.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:03 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

That's bullshit and you know it. The wizards choked their asses off in the last minute of that game and that got damn lucky Arenas hit that shot. They didn't deserve to win the game, period.
Of course one could argue that the Bulls didn't deserve to win a game in which they allowed a supposedly inferior opponent to take a 22 point lead in their building.

You logic is that the Wizards didn't deserve to win due to poor free throw shooting, of course they were a paltry 18-30 at the line, what did the "deservied to win" Bulls shoot?
Oh yeah thats right....17-30.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Of course one could argue that the Bulls didn't deserve to win a game in which they allowed a supposedly inferior opponent to take a 22 point lead in their building.

You logic is that the Wizards didn't deserve to win due to poor free throw shooting, of course they were a paltry 18-30 at the line, what did the "deservied to win" Bulls shoot?
Oh yeah thats right....17-30.
But the Bulls didn't miss crucial FT after crucial FT in the FINAL MINUTE of play when they counted the most.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:13 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
What's the Pissed-ons plan for getting Shaq into foul trouble? Give the ball to offensive Machine Ben Wallace in the post?
The Pissed-ons game is too perimeter oriented to present Shaq with defensive difficulties andf the likelihood of foul trouble. Coupled with the fact that the Pissed-ons have a tendency to go into long scoring droughts in most of their games, beating the Heat will be tough, not impossible, but tough.

As for Dwayne Wade beating the Pissed-ons solo if Shaq were on the bench, don't overlook the role Eddie Jones will play in that series (assuming it comes to fruition), his perimeter and slashing game will be huge, as well as his D on either Hannibal Lechter Hamilton or Chauncy Gardner Billups.
I think if Shaq gets in foul trouble, it will be in large part due to offensive fouls. Detroit is the best defensive team in the league(only SA can compete) and perhaps they can draw a few charges. Speaking of defense, that's why the Pistons will win this series. What they lack in offense, they more than make up for defensively. They are MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the Heat defensively.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

But the Bulls didn't miss crucial FT after crucial FT in the FINAL MINUTE of play when they counted the most.
Had they not missed 13 earlier in the game, they might have won the game easily...so the theory that free throws are only crucial in the final minutes of a game is pure silliness.
Ther's a reason they are called "free", if a team doesn't take advantage, it'll bite them in the collective ass at some point, and the Bulls have a big chunk missing from their collectice ass and tee times for Saturday morning with U2's stagehands who now appear to have a day off coming Saturday.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #44
The Fly

Local Time: 12:52 AM
I think all this talk of heat-pistons is irrelavent anyway. Neither one of them will be able out score the Suns! We've been waiting for a year like this since the Tom Chambers days! We are on a role and have home court all the way through. The only team that worries me are the Spurs, if homecourt was for the Spurs i would give them the advantage. But since they don't its Suns all the way!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by madroseka
I think all this talk of heat-pistons is irrelavent anyway. Neither one of them will be able out score the Suns! We've been waiting for a year like this since the Tom Chambers days! We are on a role and have home court all the way through. The only team that worries me are the Spurs, if homecourt was for the Spurs i would give them the advantage. But since they don't its Suns all the way!
They won't outscore the suns but they will outdefend them. The Spurs and the Pistons are the best defensive teams in the league. You know the saying, 'offense makes highlight reels, defense wins championships'? It's true. I like the Suns but I don't think they'll win the title.