NBA Playoff Time... - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2005, 09:19 PM   #241
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by stammer476
After a comment like this . . .

. . . I think it's safe to assume that a comment like this . . .

. . . is a rip on the Pistons. I don't recall you commenting on any of the Spurs wins as "disguisting games," making it look like a biased comment by someone who just looks for something to rip the Pistons on. That's what I saw and that's what I called. If that's not what you meant, fair enough.

I was taking taking the statement into context of other posts, not on its own. A little unfair, and I'll give you that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Pistons apologist. 90% of the reason I root for them is because they're my hometown team, not because of how they play basketball. I haven't stood up to defend them against any of the arguments on this thread because, frankly, most of these arguments are right. It just gets on my nerves when people decide not to like one team and then look for anything negative in their game to comment on. Or the other way around. Both get old real quick. And that's what I saw.

Now let's get back to Stevie Wonder. I mean, seriously, wouldn't a luxury box be the seat of choice in that situation?
I too think Headache is continually too hard on the Pistons, however, in his defense, he admitted to being drunk when he posted the first quote...he said he wasn't at first, but then admitted it

Also, Stevie is blind, what difference does it make where he sits?

Old 06-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #242
Blue Crack Distributor

the criticism of the pistons that i post here pales in comparison to what i say when i'm actually watching them.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

Also, Stevie is blind, what difference does it make where he sits?
To all the well informed and well intentioned questions about where Stevie Wonder sits...did any of you ever think that by sitting courtside, he can hear the flow of the game, the players running up and down the floor, the ball swishing through the net (or in the case of this series, clanging off the rim, no make that the backboard, no wait what sound does an airball make?) and so forth and with a little help from whoever he sits with can actually have a feel for what is going on with the game?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #244
Blue Crack Distributor

stevie had earplugs pumping the play by play of the game direct from the abc feed...

so the real tragedy of the situation is that he was forced to listen to hubie brown for 2 hours.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #245
ONE
love, blood, life

Game 4

Tipoff Coming Shortly...

Let's Go Pistons!

I started out not caring who won the series, I like both teams a lot, but the Pistons need this game more, some I'm routing for them.

GO PISTONS!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #246
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:36 AM
Yeah, last score I saw was 97-71 in the 4th quarter Pistons lead, it's safe to say the series is tied
Old 06-16-2005, 08:48 PM   #247
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Stevie Wonder had to do a double take.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:50 PM   #248
ONE
love, blood, life

Pistons 102 Spurs 71

31 point victory, 7 players in double digits, only 4 turnovers in the whole game, an NBA Finals record low for turnovers in a game. The Pistons played a great, GREAT game.

Series is 2-2. It's a 3 game series now!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:52 PM   #249
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Plus Darko scored.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:47 PM   #250
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:36 PM
I fear the fro
Old 06-17-2005, 07:54 AM   #251
Blue Crack Distributor

in a series that's supposed to feature some of the great coaches in the league, there certainly hasn't been much in the way of great coaching.

detroit's great defense is based on physicality and knocking people around.

san antonio's great defense is based on food speed and great lateral quickness.

so the refs in san antonio are making calls that favor the spurs quickness, the pistons bitch and moan about it, don't adjust, and get smacked around.

they go back to detroit, and low and behold, the refs start letting the ticky tack stuff go. detroit, as any team with their backs against the wall, figures if they're gonna go down they might as well go down swinging, establish complete control over the pace of the game...

so now the spurs are bitching and moaning about the pistons fouling them, rather than making adjustments and just friggin playing.

if this trend continues, the pistons will win game 5 by about 20 points, and then the spurs will win games 6 and 7 by just as much.

orrrrr maybe someone on the spurs will grow a set and hit back, 'cause they've played these last two games like a bunch of complete pansy asses.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #252
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
san antonio's great defense is based on food speed
So they play better D after a meal at McDonald's or some other fast food joint??
Old 06-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #253
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
So they play better D after a meal at McDonald's or some other fast food joint??
doh... FOOT speed...
Old 06-17-2005, 11:16 AM   #254
Blue Crack Distributor

this was from Hewso...err... The Sports Guy's latest Mailbag...

Quote:
Q: My buddy Chuck and I just had a 20-minute conversation as to why Bavetta is not involved in Game 3. As two of the other 19 NBA diehards left, we figure that Stern is saving Bavetta for Game 4. Stern desperately needs this series to get to 2-2 – the NBA cannot have a lackluster Finals followed up by a lockout; it would sink this league. And Stern still has this game covered with Crawford and Salvatore. So, here's to Bavetta in Game 4, and a 2-2 tie.
–Kyle Blanton, Las Vegas

SG: Yes, I received this e-mail on Tuesday night, before we found out Dick Bavetta was reffing Game 4. All joking aside, I'm worried that the NBA is morphing into professional wrestling. With all due respect to the Pistons, who may have played the best playoff game of any 2005 team Thursday night (four turnovers?!?!?!), Game 4 was decided in the first few minutes when it became clear that the Pistons were allowed to clutch, grab, paw at the ball and contest every shot with no repercussions, culminating in Ben Wallace raking Duncan across the arm (probably the worst no-call of the playoffs) and Popovich picking up a technical. The Spurs were D-U-N done after that. Of course, in Game 2, the Pistons weren't allowed to breathe on anyone without a foul being called.

Sometimes I feel like Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory" complaining about this stuff, but I honestly feel that the officiating is slowly undermining the credibility of the league. My friends who follow the NBA feel that way. Enough of my readers feel that way that I don't think I'm crazy. And it's getting to the point that I can actually guess which referees will be assigned to which games … and I'm right! That's insanity! This is a much bigger problem than high schoolers entering the draft, six-year contracts, revenue sharing and anything else. Where have the quality referees gone? Why are some playoff games called completely different than other games? Why are certain refs only assigned to must-win games for the home team? Why does it seem like certain refs have grudges against certain teams, and more importantly, why has there been a preponderance of coaches calling out these grudges (more than any other year)?
just to prove i'm not alone in my psychosis
Old 06-17-2005, 02:27 PM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

maybe its really headache who is the sports guy