NBA Playoff Time... - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #211
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Tottenham or San Antonio?

I am thinking San Antonio....try posting here: NBA PLayoffs

Old 06-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:13 AM
as if 700 posts is that important in life...........

Old 06-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #213
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:13 AM
just over 9 and a half minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Message to Pistons: TAKE CARE OF THE FUCKING BALL!!!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Ugh. The Pistons' play is disgusting.

They aren't doing anything positive on offense. Not taking care of the ball, not moving without the ball, not cutting to the basket, not moving the ball around, not driving-and-dishing, nothing.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Spurs 97, Pistons 76

Many, and I mean MANY things need to change for the Pistons to have a shot at this series... or better yet, at winning a game.

Ah, and Ginobili scored 27 points
Old 06-13-2005, 05:42 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

gherman's been conspicuoulsy quiet since his profanity laced outburst to Headache about bringing him back down to earth regarding the Pissed-ons.

I love these fans who only pop up when their team wins something and just disappear *coughColtsfanscough* when their team gets demolished.

C'mon gherman...bring Headache further down to earth now that the Pissed-ons have scored a whopping 145 total points in 2 embarassing losses.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:44 AM   #217
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
gherman's been conspicuoulsy quiet since his profanity laced outburst to Headache about bringing him back down to earth regarding the Pissed-ons.

I love these fans who only pop up when their team wins something and just disappear *coughColtsfanscough* when their team gets demolished.

C'mon gherman...bring Headache further down to earth now that the Pissed-ons have scored a whopping 145 total points in 2 embarassing losses.

now let me ask a serious question, for the serious basketball fan... if you have a two guard who can't shoot past 15 feet (hamilton), a swingman who can't shoot past 8 feet (prince), and a center who may be the worst offensive player in the league (not so large ben), how do you ever plan on getting enough spacing to get your one big who can actually play ('sheed) a few good looks at the basket? your one peremeter shooter, billups, isn't even that good of a shooter... and being the pointguard, he's the one who's entering the ball to the post in the first place... thus then the easiest guy to guard against the three. i'm sure larry brown would love to abandon the middle school-esque flex offense that the pistons have been running, but he can't... he just doesn't have the offensive options.

and on a side note... i'm sure king stern is absolutely thrilled about having the pistons, who look to be on the verge of mental colapse, heading back to the site of the worst incident in nba history. so how long after the Ts start flying do the blue party cups start flying at the palace?
Old 06-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Well, I am afraid that we will only see him if the Pistons end up winning one game, which is very much up in the air right now... I think the crowd in Detroit is going to be crazy, and knowing how light-tempered they are, if Manu kicks the Pistons' ass tomorrow night there might be some not-too-happy campers...

Interesting picture by the way... (I am wondering what Rasheed is actually thinking...)

Old 06-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #219
ONE
love, blood, life

I admit the Pistons looked pretty terrible last night, with the exception for two stretches of about 3 minutes each(that's real-time minutes, not game minutes) where they put together a run or two. But other than that, hard to watch. It's frustrating because I've watched this team play and I know that Hamilton is not playing as good as he can. Same with Sheed. Obviously, a part of that has to be the Spurs knowing how to play these guys and doing a good job of it.

I think the Pistons are gonna have to 3 out of 3 at home to have a shot at this.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:49 AM   #220
Blue Crack Distributor

so before last year's finals, the so-called nba experts on tv and radio all thought that the pistons sucked and that the eastern conference was a joke. then the lakers implode, and all of a sudden we have to go through an entire season hearing about how great the pistons are. now that the pistons are getting embarassed (thus far... knock on wood), will the so-called nba experts go back to saying that the pistons and the east sucks again?

i'm so confused by these experts...
Old 06-13-2005, 09:08 AM   #221
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
so before last year's finals, the so-called nba experts on tv and radio all thought that the pistons sucked and that the eastern conference was a joke. then the lakers implode, and all of a sudden we have to go through an entire season hearing about how great the pistons are. now that the pistons are getting embarassed (thus far... knock on wood), will the so-called nba experts go back to saying that the pistons and the east sucks again?

i'm so confused by these experts...
No. You don't beat the Pacers and Heat back-to-back to get to the finals if you suck.

Let's please not forget that the Spurs, aside from the first six minutes of game 1, have been playing damn near perfect basketball in these finals thus far. It would be hard for ANY team in this league to beat the Spurs the way they were playing last night. Combine this with the fact that the Pistons were playing about 50% as good as they are capable of, and you have a recipe for a blowout.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:09 AM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I know... I particularly dislike Hubie Brown, who is commenting the NBA Finals on ABC. He is such a "convenient" commentator... Pistons score a basket, they rule... Pistons miss a basket, they suck.

I am thinking of watching the games on "mute" from now on.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:14 AM   #223
Blue Crack Distributor

well i was commentating on the so called experts, not my own opinion... but in my own opinion, the pistons are playing as well as they can against the spurs.

sometimes a team is just that much better.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

now let me ask a serious question, for the serious basketball fan... if you have a two guard who can't shoot past 15 feet (hamilton), a swingman who can't shoot past 8 feet (prince), and a center who may be the worst offensive player in the league (not so large ben), how do you ever plan on getting enough spacing to get your one big who can actually play ('sheed) a few good looks at the basket? your one peremeter shooter, billups, isn't even that good of a shooter... and being the pointguard, he's the one who's entering the ball to the post in the first place... thus then the easiest guy to guard against the three. i'm sure larry brown would love to abandon the middle school-esque flex offense that the pistons have been running, but he can't... he just doesn't have the offensive options.
Not sure why you're dogging motion offenses. Sure, every team would like to have 4 or 5 starters who can all create their own shot, but the Pistons (along with a lot of other teams) just don't have that. The problem with the Pistons' offense this series is that on a typical possession, they'll run one screen, the Spurs will shut it down, and then everyone ends up giving up on the possession, leaving Billups or Hamilton to chuck up a wild shot with 4 seconds left.

I agree, the Pistons can and should run more of their offense through Rasheed Wallace, but if the other 4 guys are just going to stand around and watch him try to iso, it's not going to help much. Billups and Prince can hit the 3 if they're wide open, but they're not getting open.

And you're right, Ben Wallace has no ball skills (like we didn't know that already). He's basically Dennis Rodman, but with a worse haircut. If he's not getting offensive rebounds and putbacks, he's a liability on offense.

That being said, the Pistons are capable of coming back in this series, but their margin of error is almost zero right now.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:41 AM   #225
Blue Crack Distributor

dennis rodman was twice the offensive player ben wallace is... people forget the early rodman, before he became a freak, who had no problem stepping out and knocking down a 10-12 foot jumper. and on top of it, rodman was an above average passer with excellent court vision throughout his career.

i'm not dogging motion offenses... i'm shitting on the flex. i hate it, have always hated it, and will always hate it. when one of my college coaches made me actually run it, i wanted to shoot myself. it involves a series of screens, trying to get a guy open for a short range shot. it's a gimmick offense that is used to get shots for teams with a minimal offensive skill. it turns players into nintendo men, losing all sense of creativity. it will get shots against poor to medicore defensive teams, but superior defensive teams will swarm all over it, jumping the screens and shutting down the cuts. undisciplined defensive teams will fall victim to the flex. quick and disciplined defensive teams like the spurs will eat it alive.