NBA Playoff Time... - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Fucking Spurs.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:05 AM   #152
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:52 AM
kidney's, thighs and ribs... oh my.

the vaunted pistons defense simply can't guard the big aristotle. plain and simple. if shaq was healthy, this series would already be over. when the diesel is even semi-effective, he makes everyone on the court better. if kobe bryant had ever figured this out, the lakers would have never lost to anyone... pistons, spurs... anyone.

now we have to worry about dwayne wade's rib... strained muscle... should be fine, but eh... who knows. the heat are already playing with guys with one kidney, one thigh and dislocated fingers... why not a strained rib muscle to boot. again... as has been the case for the whole time... the series rests on the health of the heat. if shaq can put together another game like he did last night... not vintage shaq by any stretch, but effective enough to demand a double team... and wade is good enough to go, and alonzo isn't too fatigued by the drug cocktails he has to take just to live... the heat win this series. if the health issues are too much to handle, the pistons win.

aaaand now on to rasheed wallace. if lord stern has any cojolnes, he will levy the same fine he gave jeff van gundy to rasheed wallace... 'cause rasheed baisicly said the same thing van gundy did... that there's a conspiracy being carried out by the nba ref's. it won't happen... rasheed will get about a $10,000 fine and a slap on the wrist. but when rasheed doesn't get the same fine, van gundy then has quite the argument for an appeal, if he so chooses.

rasheed is the only piston i actually like (besides darko ). he's absolutely bonkers... that's why i like him. but he's again showing his bonkerness with this post game rant. how can you, in all honesty, blame the officiating for your loss when you took just 3 shots in the entire game?

rasheed wallace is by far the most talented offensive player on the pistons. if he's taking 3 shots, they have no chance. this is a player who used to put up dominating performances against shaq and the lakers when he was with portland. it is not a coincidence that in the two games the pistons have won, rasheed has scored 20 points. the refs didn't keep him from taking just 3 shots in the entire game... and rasheed needs a reality check.

were there a lot of offensive fouls called yesterday? yes... shaq was called for two bogus ones himself. one with elden campbel guarding him where he simply turned around, doing nothing different than any other move he's ever made in his career... and the other where he caught ben wallace in the mouth with a forearm. now why, you say, is that last one a BS offensive foul? very simple... both of ben wallace's feet were inside the semi-circle. so while shaq clearly fouled wallace, if it's inside the semi-circle it's not supposed to be called an offensive foul. it was, so be it. so rasheed got called for three offensive fouls... shaq got called for two. where's the conspiracy? rasheed should worry less about the refs and more about getting tooled by udonis haslem.

the only thing that surprised me is that richard hamilton, he of the barry sanders-esque stiff arms, actually was called for an offensive foul. now that was shocking.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:38 AM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

If the Heat win the series, the hobbled Tim Duncan may be the healthiest player on the floor in the finals.
Detroit's offensive ineptitude is remarkable at times. How they won a title still mystifies me a bit.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #154
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Detroit's offensive ineptitude is remarkable at times. How they won a title still mystifies me a bit.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #155
ONE
love, blood, life

Detroit won't let the series end on their own floor...they'll get it back to Miami. As for game 7 in Miami....in the words of Rudy T., don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:38 AM   #156
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Detroit won't let the series end on their own floor...they'll get it back to Miami. As for game 7 in Miami....in the words of Rudy T., don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion.
it's funny how you bring up rudy T ... because all the so called champions have been doing lately is getting T'd up

and I believe shaq's been a champion a few times as well... should we underestimate his heart?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

anyone hear Bill Walton totally slam Larry brown this morning on espn radio?
Old 06-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #158
ONE
love, blood, life

Game 6 at the Palace of Auburn Hills is about to start.

The news at the moment is that Dwayne Wade will NOT play tonight.

I think Detroit will win tonight, force Game 7.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

good call.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:53 AM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ilydime-050604

Said Heat guard Damon Jones: "We're going home, and we've been good at home all year long. You know, win or go home. And I don't fish."
Old 06-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

This Eastern Conference Finals seems like a joke. No team has consistency.

I think any of the two teams, unless we see a significant improvement in their game, will get destroyed in the finals by the Spurs.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:23 AM   #162
Blue Crack Distributor

i think super freak van gundy made a big mistake by holding wade out of game 6... you have two chances to get'er done... you can't mail it in in game 6 and hope for the best with everyone healthy and rested in game 7.

in theory... on paper, even... if wade is at full strength, with a rested shaq and alonzo thanks to the joke that was game 6... and being at home... Miami should win tonight.

but i don't like things on paper... i like things on the court. i would have played everyone in game 6 and hope that a game 7 never happened. anything can happen with just 1 game.

orrr... super freak van gundy didn't hold wade out to be safe, he held him out because he is reeeeally fucked up, in which case the heat don't have a chance unless shaq gets some of barry bonds' flaxseed oil on his thigh and turns into healthy shaq over night.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I used to think Shaq was the most indispensable player on the Heat. Now I'm not so sure.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

here's a column from Bill Walton from ESPN Insider...

I wanted so badly for this Eastern Conference final to be a great series, hopefully one of the best of all time. I love this game and I know how important this all is when everything is on the line here and I came with good intentions.

But Larry Brown has shown his true colors, letting the disease of conceit create an untenable mess that I can't see a way out of for him. This is officially a disaster of epic proportions.

When this story first started simmering early this week, we were all waiting for the next Mark Felt and the new Deep Throat to shine the light in the darkest of corners. Amazingly, we didn't have to wait anywhere near 30 years for this one. Brown took care of that when he stuck his own foot deep down in his throat.

Shame on Larry Brown. Rest assured I have no rooting interest whatsoever here, other than for a great game and I find myself mad as can be, unable to let it go.

This scam is the Jeff Van Gundy story on steroids. The difference being that Van Gundy called in the question of the integrity of the league and the honesty of the refs and is rewarded with a contract extension, while Brown quits on his team in the middle of the Eastern Conference championship game and is given the state of Ohio and the future of the NBA.

Brown's selfishness and his greedy addiction to his own personal agenda has left an indelible stain on everything and his egregious actions have completely overshadowed a potentially great series. Now, Brown is taking the low road by blaming the media and laying it on the messenger as if this is all somehow our fault.

He is doing things on a continuing basis that he would never tolerate from his own players. All we ever hear from this guy is about doing things the "right way." Please, Larry, explain to me how this can be the "right way."

He is coaching one team and running another and in a business that reeks of conflicts of interest, this is the ultimate conflict of interest. One of the major roles of a good coach is to set the moral tone, for lesser, younger and inexperienced team members to follow.

But when I watch Larry Brown today in the huddles, at his press conferences, anything and everything, really all I see is fakery. A good coach with quality values and the best interest of the team at heart has the difficult task of asking his players to do things that are risky and not always in their best interest. He has abrogated that position of authority.

If I played for him and he did to me what he has done to his Detroit Pistons, I would lose complete faith and confidence in him as both a coach and a person. The next time he called the team together before the game for his last minute pre-game speech in the locker room, I would just get up and walk out asking him on my way out the door why I should ever listen to anything he has to say anymore.

How can they ever trust anything he does again? How can you believe anything he ever says again?

He has done the worst thing that anyone can do to a group dynamic, he has made himself the story and it's not even a good story at that. The Brown apologists will now start coming out of the woodwork. They will start spinning blame, responsibility and accountability on someone or something else, but the truth is this whole mess is as bad as it gets.

Those same enablers will claim that the Pistons gave the Cavaliers the right to talk to Brown and that this is all a non-story. The Pistons sure seem to be saying to Cleveland, that if you want him you can have him and none too soon.

His actions show that he cares about nothing but himself and if he doesn't care about his own team, why should we care about anything that's going on here?

The owner, Mr. Davidson, is one of the classiest owners in NBA history. He deserves so much better than this and what about the Piston fans, the ones who really make this all work?

I'm amazed that he's allowed to stay on as a member of the Pistons particularly in light of all the "right way" preaching that we heard this summer at the Athens Olympics about giving him players who want to be there as part of a real team. It sure seems that he's the one who has to go.

My other question is: Where is LeBron James in all of this? Why hasn't he spoken up? Is he in on this or is there some sort of a post-Olympic hangover for LeBron about not getting a lot of playing time because of his coach who was so insistent on his players doing things the right way.

Somewhere, Dean Smith and the many distinguished North Carolina alumni are shaking their heads in disgust. This is the kind of thing you would expect from George Karl, but not Larry Brown. This is a guy who seemingly every other phrase out of his mouth is to please, do it the right way. Please, gag me with a spoon!

Now there's the question of the new Cleveland coach who is reportedly there because of Brown. I'm sure that Mike Brown is terrific in all things, but he has never coached an NBA game in his life and while everybody has to get their start somewhere, the Cavaliers have one chance to keep LeBron and they're going with a rookie coach?

This whole debacle cannot be about money for him because along with Don Nelson and Pat Riley, nobody has made a bigger fortune coaching in the NBA than Brown.

This whole story is so bad, that Rasheed Wallace now looks like the rational one of the bunch.

Bill Walton, an NBA analyst for ESPN, is a regular contributor to Insider
Old 06-06-2005, 02:19 PM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Valid points aside -- my God, Bill Walton writes the same way he speaks.