NBA Basketball 2009-10: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I wouldn't blame Iverson for the loss considering the Sixers just really fucking suck. They're just fortunate that NJ started 0-18, otherwise their 10 game losing streak would be kind of a big deal.

I do. They don't have much talent. Brand has very little left in the tank, Iguodala is a role player at best, and Thad Young was pretty good last year (been worse this year). That's it, though. And that's the point. There's very, very little there.

Iguoudala is quite over-rated in my opinion. Put him with the right teammate, and he would be a great 2nd option.

I have liked Kapono ever since he said, “If I moved to Croatia, grew a beard. and changed my name to Vladimir Kaponovic, I would be a lottery pick”.

Yeah, that was just ugly. Derrick tried to lift us up but we fell short to a team fronted by Courtney Lee and Jennifer Lopez's little sister Brook Lopez. Wow.

Iguodala is a role player at best

I think you might be selling Iguodala short. Playing 40 minutes every night and averaging 19.5 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 5.8 apg, 2.1 steals. Those are some pretty damn solid all around numbers. Like actually some of the best all around numbers in the league. Top 20 in scoring, Top 5 in steals and minutes, and the rebound and assist numbers are nothing to scoff at for a shooting guard.

I think you might be selling Iguodala short. Playing 40 minutes every night and averaging 19.5 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 5.8 apg, 2.1 steals. Those are some pretty damn solid all around numbers. Like actually some of the best all around numbers in the league. Top 20 in scoring, Top 5 in steals and minutes, and the rebound and assist numbers are nothing to scoff at for a shooting guard.

He's good, I'm simply saying you can't build a team around him. I suppose I was a bit liberal with the use of "role player" in this case. It's just frustrating that he's supposed to be the best player, when anyone can see that he's not.

The team's (lack of) success shows that.

Regardless of how you feel about that, you'll never at any point be as much of a jackass as Kobe is, so feel good about that.

Oh I dunno...

lebronjameswitnessss.jpg

LeBron is not nearly as much of a jackass as Kobe. You cannot convince me. Kobe Bryant and Terrell Owens are the two sports figures that I have strong hatred for, though I probably hate TO more than Kobe. There's no convincing me otherwise in either case.

Let's just say I'm fed up with both of them right now considering we have another season of those fucking puppets.

It could be worse, though. At least Jeff Dunham isn't involved.

Let's just say I'm fed up with both of them right now considering we have another season of those fucking puppets.

It could be worse, though. At least Jeff Dunham isn't involved.

Guess whose comedy tour is making its way up to Penn State in January! I will now light myself on fire.

/simmons'd

LeBron is not nearly as much of a jackass as Kobe. You cannot convince me. Kobe Bryant and Terrell Owens are the two sports figures that I have strong hatred for, though I probably hate TO more than Kobe. There's no convincing me otherwise in either case.

Terrell is a showboat, a braggart, etc. I don't see any of that in Kobe, whose crime is taking a lot of shots. He certainly doesn't make a big deal of out of it.

And are you actually defending or excusing what LeBitch does with the powder? Because it's possibly the most obnoxiously arrogant thing I've ever seen in the NBA.

Doesn't Kevin Garnett do a similar thing before every game, or at least used to?

Terrell is a showboat, a braggart, etc. I don't see any of that in Kobe, whose crime is taking a lot of shots. He certainly doesn't make a big deal of out of it.

And are you actually defending or excusing what LeBitch does with the powder? Because it's possibly the most obnoxiously arrogant thing I've ever seen in the NBA.

I don't care at all about T.O.'s showboating or Kobe's shot taking. That's got nothing to do with it.

And the LeBron powder thing pisses me off more because he blatantly stole the theatrical part of it from KG than because of anything else. I don't really care all that much about it. I'd much rather someone do that than take a shit on the place he's from.

The Jazz have only FOUR points in the 4th quarter, with 2:00 left.

That's pretty pathetic.

6 points for the entire quarter, this is not the Bulls we're talkin here, this team has a couple of legit players in Deron Williams and Carlos Boozehag, impressive D by the Lakers, a team not known for playing on that end of the floor.

And the LeBron powder thing pisses me off more because he blatantly stole the theatrical part of it from KG than because of anything else. I don't really care all that much about it. I'd much rather someone do that than take a shit on the place he's from.

well they both stole at from Jordan, who did it as a tradition and superstition, not as a way to draw attention to himself and make everyone in the arena look at him.

he let his game do that.

(Right, which is why I said the theatrical part of it.)

And even Jordan was an asshole! Hooray, it's a tangled web!

Back
Top Bottom