NBA Basketball 2009-10: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like how the Bulls are going to be the second to last team to get a game in this year.

David Stern is obviously some sort of racist.

The Charlotte Babka had a nice scoring half spread out over 48 minutes last night.

Defense wins championships. Celts stay healthy and #18 is in the bag.

Anyone see the Donaghy book excerpts? Wow.

yea i did...

ya know, i dunno. i've always fought against the "the nba is rigging it" thing with the "they're not rigging it, all refs just suck" argument... but even i'm begining to slip a little on that thought.

i still don't believe that darth stern is sitting in his manhattan office sending out edicts to refs to rig the game... but i do believe that a lot of refs take it upon themselves to influence outcomes, or at the very least single out specific players & coaches.

the donaghy stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt, of course... but as a high school basketball coach i know, for a fact, that this stuff goes on on this level... i've personally witnessed a group of ref's sitting around a table at a resturant talking about coaches that they didn't like, and seen it in action... so i'm begining to think heck... if they can do it at that level, why not at every level?

i dunno... this stuff could be all made up, but at the very least i hope some change for good comes from it.

My copy of The Book of Basketball came today, which is great because now it gets to spend all night sitting on my desk mocking me while I study and do class work.

I still need to pick that up. Basketball brings out the best in his writing, at least the most consistent.

yea i did...

ya know, i dunno. i've always fought against the "the nba is rigging it" thing with the "they're not rigging it, all refs just suck" argument... but even i'm begining to slip a little on that thought.

i still don't believe that darth stern is sitting in his manhattan office sending out edicts to refs to rig the game... but i do believe that a lot of refs take it upon themselves to influence outcomes, or at the very least single out specific players & coaches.

the donaghy stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt, of course... but as a high school basketball coach i know, for a fact, that this stuff goes on on this level... i've personally witnessed a group of ref's sitting around a table at a resturant talking about coaches that they didn't like, and seen it in action... so i'm begining to think heck... if they can do it at that level, why not at every level?

i dunno... this stuff could be all made up, but at the very least i hope some change for good comes from it.

There's actually something in there that convinces me he's not making it up.

I don't think Stern is making a concerted effort to control outcomes by any means, but I certainly think referees feel pressured to do certain things at certain times.

List of People ifyoushout... Has Promised To Kill So Far This Season:

Rajon Rondo
Bill Simmons
?

Hmm...Rondo is on the Celtics. Simmons is a Celtics fan. Pattern?

They're also fucking thieves.

I have it on pretty good authority that I thoroughly enjoyed the Mavericks actually beating the Lakers in LA Friday night. Too often they get a decent lead in LA only to blow it. I've seen it too many times. So that was satisfying. And they beat the Clippers to nail down the first back to back of the season. I was pleased.

Marcin%20Gortat-thumb-289x300.jpg

Eric Bana's Polish brother agrees.

Jesus Christ, the Hornets are still doing the fucking WOOOOOO thing.

I hate this team.

I just "witnessed" something amazing. Time was running down and LeBron drove to the basket. He jumped in to Deng and Noah and...the ref DID NOT call a foul on the Bulls!

Of course, the King held his head high and walked away without complaining. He certainly wouldn't bark at the ref and make a sardonic face

...Bulls win.

Back
Top Bottom