NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they were a bit short, and it showed. Eventually we'll get a game between these 2 with everybody in the lineup...4 game series this year.

Yeah, that'd be great. Boston would probably win in 6, but it'd be entertaining, at least.

^ I just realized how that came out, I was thinking 4 game regular season series...but I could see a 6 or 7 game playoff series if they met.

^ I just realized how that came out, I was thinking 4 game regular season series...but I could see a 6 or 7 game playoff series if they met.

Oh, okay. Either way, it'd be awesome... as long as Orlando won.

Haha not so much :)

Portland not so impressive last night @ Boston. Celtics were basically able to run on them at will. And Greg Oden looks slow, I mean really slow, words like plodding and lumbering came to mind. Ponderous. Cumbersome. He looked OK as a halfcourt defender, and I think his offensive game will develop some, but he was getting beaten down the floor by Perkins pretty consistently.

Oh and Brandon Roy is pretty good /obvious.

What do people think of this Dirk Nowitski bloke? Who's he play for? My mate loves him but every time he brings him up he cops shit.

And how come California doesn't have a team?

I've been watching Ray Allen shoot for almost 15 years, you'd think it would have gotten old by now. Nope. He didn't have a great year last year but this year he looks more like the old Ray Allen...if he can keep it up I could see him passing Reggie Miller for the 3 record.

"Slicing an apple in bed" doesn't exactly fall under the heading of Bad Motherfucker in my book.

Slicing a baby in bed? That's bad. Tapping a model in bed? Also bad.

But eating apples? Guy sounds like a bit of a pussy. If you're gonna do the fruit thing, it needs to be hotties in skimpy outfits feeding you fucking GRAPES.

"Slicing an apple in bed" doesn't exactly fall under the heading of Bad Motherfucker in my book.

Slicing a baby in bed? That's bad. Tapping a model in bed? Also bad.

But eating apples? Guy sounds like a bit of a pussy. If you're gonna do the fruit thing, it needs to be hotties in skimpy outfits feeding you fucking GRAPES.

Have you seen the guy play? When I say he's a bad motherfucker I'm talking about ON THE COURT. In a little over a month he's already established himself as one of the most exciting young players in the game. He's a walking highlight film.

YouTube - Derrick Rose Breaks Andre Miller's Ankle HD 720p

(I love Stacey King's commentary on that clip, btw. He cracks me up.)

He just yells "shot". Not a big deal.

In Richardson's ear. Before the shot is launched. It wasn't a defensive call.

Sure, 99.9% of pro athletes wouldn't be affected by it. Still douchey in my opinion.

If the Celts don't have a letdown Tues vs. Philly, they'll head to LA on a 19 game win streak, should make for quite the Christmas day game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom