NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for the Magic, this could be their playoff opponent.

Probably. There's still a chance that they could leapfrog the Heat for the 5-seed, but I doubt it.

Best possible scenario: The Magic get out of a Pistons series in 6 or 7, play a banged up Celtics team, who they've shown they could hang with, and get to the conference finals.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it out of the 2nd round, but they, like Charlie Day, are the wild-card team.

Tried unsuccessfully to find youtube of J-Rich's epic phail last night. Tried a reverse dunk-contest style dunk only to have Lebron execute one of his notorious chase-down blocks. Should've been a foul, but nonetheless...PHAIL.

Laz I've been pretty happy with the Celts play without KG, but losing Rondo on Friday has really crippled the offense. I think Boston could get to the ECF without KG if everyone else was 100%; if they had to play without Rondo I think they'd be out in the 2nd round.

What up!?!

6 out of 7 for the Bullies. Creeped into the 7 seed. Lift my days and light up my nights, Derrick Rose.

What up!?!

6 out of 7 for the Bullies. Creeped into the 7 seed. Lift my days and light up my nights, Derrick Rose.

I really hope they play the Magic in the first round. Not just because they'll annihilate them, but also because I want to see Rose play in person.

Huge game for the Mavvies against Utah tonight. The biggest bout in the fight for the seventh seed. A Mavs win puts them dead even.

if you take physicality out of the equation cheryl miller would smoke scott pollard's ass.

If you take physicality out of the picture 100% of the NBA, WNBA, Division 1, and halfway decent rec league players would smoke Scot Pollard. Look up "hacker" in the dictionary, there's Pollard.

I can't figure that clip out...my feeling is it was meant to be a joke and somebody got their feelings hurt. The sad part is I think that somebody was Pollard. His buddy Reggie is gonna laugh at him...then mock him for challenging his sister...then insist Cheryl would win.

Bynum's coming back on Thursday. Just in time to get a few games in before the playoff run. Great news for the Lakers, I'd say.

KG is supposed to be back on Tuesday. I know he's no Andrew Bynum, but he might help a little.

A few thoughts about the Lakers/Blazers game earlier tonight;

* Bynum VS Oden will be a great match up for the next few years.
* Brandon Roy is amazing
* Kobe lost tonight's game.
* Shannon Brown :up:

Thats what, 8 straight losses in Portland for the Lake Show.
Portland would be the Lakers' 2nd round opponent if they get through the 1st round.
Scary if you're an LA fan.

Where'd you read that? I think he needs to pay off his spanish league team.

it's been reported in a number of different locations

DraftExpress:

Ricky Rubio is back on our 2009 mock draft, after a four month stint where he was projected for 2010. Sources close to the situation indicate that Rubio's family is now in favor of him entering this year, and that will almost certainly be on the early-entry list when it's released on April 27th. His buyout still needs to be negotiated, which is easier said than done, but a final decision on whether to stay in likely won't come until very close to the pull-out deadline, on June 19th. Unlike college players who are bound by the more restrictive NCAA rules, International players can enter the draft up to three times, which gives him plenty of wiggle room.

Who wants to play the Bulls in the first round? Anybody?

Well, there goes home court advantage for the finals.

I don't think the Cavs have clinched that yet, have they? And if the Lakers play anyone but the Cavs in the Finals they will have home court.

I"d rather play the Bulls that the Heat or Pistons. Granted they've mailed it in all year, but the Pistons could be a real bitch to deal with. And if it's the Heat...Diane Wade goes to the line if you look at him crosseyed...good news is if you mildly hack him he'll either miss a couple possessions getting CPR or actually be out for 5 years, never can tell which.

You don't want to play the Bulls. Trust me. My sources are telling me that they're a dangerous team right now.

If the league isn't already prepping for a Cavs-Heat 2nd round matchup, I don't know what else is going on.

The 5-8 seeds in the East are still up for grabs though, so who knows?

yea that was nice of them.

this was me yesterday...

"oh wow this family easter gathering is incredibly boring, and i can't drink 'cause i gotta drive home, and the met game only took like an hour and a half to end... well, at least there's a good cavs-celtics game to watch. oh wait, they're done 60 in the 2nd quarter."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom