NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't get it either.

And it sucks that Tyson has to go from playing with the best point in the league on a contender to playing for one of the worst franchises in sports.

Especially considering they over-paid Peja and Posey. Look back at those signings if there's a financial concern.

Chandler is going to miss Chris Paul a lot. His offense is weak unless he plays with the best point guard in the league. But Joe Smith and Wilcox? Go Terps!

that's just a terrible terrible trade by the hornets.
As I read this post, it was in Bill Walton's voice in my head, I assume that how it was when you typed it.

And yeah, not seeing the logic in that move. Salary dumping is one thing, but that takes N'awlins right out of the west chase and makes it a 2 horse race between the Kobe's and the Timmay's for the right to get beat by the Celtics for the title.

GAF, your white chocolate hero is returning to the Bulls.

brad_miller-.jpg

GAF, your white chocolate hero is returning to the Bulls.

brad_miller-.jpg

Ahhh, holy shit. The big softie is back! Wow. He's actually having a pretty damn solid year this year, and has certainly improved his game since his original stint with us but, this is not the exciting move that most Bulls fans were looking for this week.

I won't miss Drew Gooden. At all. But I will pour out a little liquor tonight for my boy Andres "Strugglin" Nocioni. That goofy Argentinian trainwreck has been a pleasure to watch the last 5 years. He plays as hard as anyone in the league. Peace out Noch!

Ahhh, holy shit. The big softie is back! Wow. He's actually having a pretty damn solid year this year, and has certainly improved his game since his original stint with us but, this is not the exciting move that most Bulls fans were looking this week.

I won't miss Drew Gooden. At all. But I will pour out a little liquor tonight for my boy Andres "Strugglin" Nocioni. That goofy Argentinian trainwreck has been a pleasure to watch the last 5 years. He plays as hard as anyone in the league. Peace out Noch!

Drew Gooden's incredibly inconsistent. Whenever he jacked up a shot for the Magic, my pop and I would groan, and if it went in, cheer. Good times. Brian Cook fills that spot now.

Miller's the type of low-post presence the Bulls desperately need though, and John Salmons has been pretty solid for the past year or so as well.

Apparently Hinrich is close to being out of town, too.

good trade by chicago... but i have to think that bringing in salmons is either
a) insurance in case gordon bounces at year's end
or
b) a set up for another deal they're trying.

they finally do have somebody in the low post who they can at least throw the ball to, even though miller's more of a face up/passing big... but they still have a glut of wings.

Hey! We got a big man who can shoot. He's not a post up guy so much, but I can see Rose driving and dishing for that short jump shot he has. Good trade!

Funny, I traded for him in my "Association" on NBA 2K9 two weeks ago! John Paxon, watch out. I'm coming for your job pal.

Oh...and Salmons will probably fit in great. We have a shooting guard with size! And...he can play SF...and finally Nocioni is GONE!

Hey! We got a big man who can shoot. He's not a post up guy so much, but I can see Rose driving and dishing for that short jump shot he has. Good trade!

Funny, I traded for him in my "Association" on NBA 2K9 two weeks ago! John Paxon, watch out. I'm coming for your job pal.

Hah, I love re-building franchises, getting tired of the game fucking you over, resigning to another team, only to find that you've left your last team as a goddamn colossus of talent.

That's happened to me at least twice in this past Association cycle.

Tyson Chandler failed his post-trade physical and, as such, the trade between OKC and New Orleans has been rescinded.

Oh...and Salmons will probably fit in great. We have a shooting guard with size! And...he can play SF...and finally Nocioni is GONE!

unless vinny the black is just an absolute moron... i certainly can see miller in a lot of pick and rolls, pick and pops with rose.

I definitely like Skip to My Lou over Tyronn Lue and Anthony Johnson as the Jameer replacement, that's for sure.

Hope he has a fast and steady recovery.

Skip to My Lou will be a good enough replacement until Jameer's back and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom