NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, we walked into New Orleans and beat the piss out of the Hornets. The only way that would be possible is if Chris Paul didn't play, right? Well he didn't. And that shows you how important he is to that team. I still think Kobe "The Iron Chef" Bryant is the MVP of the league, but CP3 has got to be a close runner-up.

Caught this bit on ESPN this morning, leading in to the Lebron highlights: "The pressure is now on Paul Pierce on Friday night at MSG". What??? I mean, yeah, I'm sure Pierce would like to beat the Knicks on Friday, since NY beat Boston their last time in...but c'mon, the C's have a game tonight.

NBA Finals Starting Lineup

Another stellar night for D'antoni's knick's defense.

there is no D in mike 'antoni... and i'm perfectly fine with this.

and lebron did have a "crab dribble" or two... i.e. an obvious travel to the basket that wasn't called. kobe was more impressive.

and the espn hype over pierce now having to do the same thing is just that... hype.

pierce will probably have about 24, allen 18, garnet 17, and the celtics will win by 30. that's why they're the champions, and kobe and lebron both lost.

Reports out of Phoenix are saying that Steve Kerr and the Suns have begun trade talks for Amare Stoudamire, and that Kerr is apparently determined to move Amare before the deadline.

:pray: Trade him to the franchise you won three titles with, Steve! Amare+DRose = :drool:

Reports out of Phoenix are saying that Steve Kerr and the Suns have begun trade talks for Amare Stoudamire, and that Kerr is apparently determined to move Amare before the deadline.

:pray: Trade him to the franchise you won three titles with, Steve! Amare+DRose = :drool:

care to make a trade offer that makes sense, works salary cap wise and doesn't include derrick rose?

Funny I heard Kerr was looking to deal Shaqtus...LA?

yahoo is reporting the stoudamire thing... it's been rumored before that they may eventually consider trading amare because they think they'll lose him in 2010 anyways... toronto and new york are considered potential locations but that's only because of the obvious phoenix connections with both teams.

a look at chicago's roster and i see no way that works out without them giving up rose. to get a player like stoudamire you're going to need a combo of young talent and/or expiring contracts in order to make it work. chicago has no huge expiring contracts, and rose is their young talent.

if phoenix just wants to scrap everything and start over from scratch, a deal such as marbury, lee, duhon (and a pick perhaps) for nash and stoudamire would work salary cap wise, and would at least give phoenix a young piece that they may or may not want to hold on to in lee, who is a restricted free agent at year's end. if they do a trade like this, let lee go at year's end, let shaq go after that (or trade him) it would put them with a motherload's worth of cap space for everyone's favorite summer, 2010.

if phoenix doesn't want to blow it up and are trying to get equal value in return for stoudamire, i just don't see it happening unless they trade him to houston for a t-mac or something like that. superstar for superstar trades just don't happen very often.

bosh has already told toronto that he won't resign... stoudamire for bosh might make sense in a pure talent for talent deal.

will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. one has to assume that any major trade within the next year and a half will be done with eyes on the summer of 2010.

yahoo is reporting the stoudamire thing... it's been rumored before that they may eventually consider trading amare because they think they'll lose him in 2010 anyways... toronto and new york are considered potential locations but that's only because of the obvious phoenix connections with both teams.

a look at chicago's roster and i see no way that works out without them giving up rose. to get a player like stoudamire you're going to need a combo of young talent and/or expiring contracts in order to make it work. chicago has no huge expiring contracts, and rose is their young talent.

if phoenix just wants to scrap everything and start over from scratch, a deal such as marbury, lee, duhon (and a pick perhaps) for nash and stoudamire would work salary cap wise, and would at least give phoenix a young piece that they may or may not want to hold on to in lee, who is a restricted free agent at year's end. if they do a trade like this, let lee go at year's end, let shaq go after that (or trade him) it would put them with a motherload's worth of cap space for everyone's favorite summer, 2010.

if phoenix doesn't want to blow it up and are trying to get equal value in return for stoudamire, i just don't see it happening unless they trade him to houston for a t-mac or something like that. superstar for superstar trades just don't happen very often.

bosh has already told toronto that he won't resign... stoudamire for bosh might make sense in a pure talent for talent deal.

will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. one has to assume that any major trade within the next year and a half will be done with eyes on the summer of 2010.

They won't trade Nash. The articles says that Phoenix says that anyone on the roster other than Nash is fair game.

Deals Chicago could do - and they won't give up Rose to get Amare, pairing them is the point of the deal - look like this:

Hinrich
Tyrus
Gooden($7.15 million expiring this year)
Thabo
two first round picks

FOR

Amare+scrub filler

OR

Hinrich
Deng
Tyrus
two first round picks

FOR Amare+scrub filler

The rights to Omer Asik could be added in either of these deals.

I know you think Tyrus is garbage, but he's getting significantly better, and he finally put together a pretty nice stretch of games recently.

In six of the last ten games, Tyrus has put up 15/10 3 blocks, 14/13 3 blocks, 14/10 2 blocks, 16/10 2 blocks, 11/9 1 block, and 19/10 3 blocks. Not all star numbers, and still not as consistent as one would want, but you can't possibly call him garbage anymore. Hell, he's already arguably a better defensive player than Amare.

Frankly, Deng is more likely to kill a deal than Tyrus is because supposedly the Suns' owner has an edict out against taking back bad/long contracts like that. Hinrich's deal is decreasing, he's a decent player when used properly(something that's rarely happened for him in Chicago), and the Suns will need somebody to step into the starting pg spot when Nash departs in 2010. In the first deal, they get an expiring in Gooden(and we have a contract that expires next year in Larry Hughes) and Thabo, who is a solid defensive wing role player, in addition to Tyrus and Kirk. Both deals come with two first round picks and possibly the rights to Asik.

Both of these deals work in the trade checker. There are probably some others too. I'm not saying we're by any means the most likely choice, but your claim that it's impossible is wrong, imo. They're not going to trade to a conference rival, so that's half the trading partners gone anyway(unless the rumored Memphis deal goes down, and I pray it doesn't). Steve Kerr used to be a Bull. Amare wants to be the man, and no doubt wants a big market, and supposedly wouldn't mind playing with Rose at all. Anyway...we're not at all the most likely option, but we're not impossible. And a man can hope.

the fact that you'd have to include hinrich or deng's contract in any trade with phoenix to make it work pretty much kills any potential amare to chicago deal... yes, you can hope... and you do have a little bit of hope in the fact that steve kerr is a moron.

any major move of salary via trade within the next year and a half will be done with one intention and one intention only... to clear out salary cap space for 2010... especially for a team that's looking to blow their current roster up. it's a little different for a team that's looking to add that one more piece to push them over the top... but if the suns are intending to blow it up, you can almost gaurantee they're doing so with 2010 in mind. hinrich and deng's contracts push past 2010. it would be stupid for the suns to take on those contracts. it would also be stupid for them to not get back a young borderline all star... noah and thomas do not fit that bill. but then again... it is steve kerr, he is a fool, anything is possible. i suppose they could swing a deal for thomas, noah and hughes' expiring contract for amare and filler... if they feel thomas and noah are borderline all stars, which i don't, then it would make sense for them. i just think it would be retarded when there's many other better options out there.

they can say what they want about nash... if they make it known that they're gonna blow the team up, nash will want a trade, and nash has publicly already stated that the only two teams he has any interest in playing for besides the suns are the knicks (d'antoni & nash already lives in SoHo in the summer) and the raptors (he's a wacky canuck and bryan colangelo runs the team). if it doesn't happen this trade deadline, it will in the offseason.

If nash went to the knicks I'd be obligated to become a knicks fan unfortunatley. I love Nash and he is really the only reason I started liking the suns.

Luck = won both games of the series with Bynum in the lineup, I guess.

Now that Jameer's shoulder's all fucked up, their season's pretty much trashed anyway. All of the hype's pretty much worthless now, but they'll still be fun to watch.

You still have Hidayet. Not all is lost.

hedo_turkoglu-arton21220-240x240.jpg

I know you think Tyrus is garbage, but he's getting significantly better, and he finally put together a pretty nice stretch of games recently.

In six of the last ten games, Tyrus has put up 15/10 3 blocks, 14/13 3 blocks, 14/10 2 blocks, 16/10 2 blocks, 11/9 1 block, and 19/10 3 blocks. Not all star numbers, and still not as consistent as one would want, but you can't possibly call him garbage anymore. Hell, he's already arguably a better defensive player than Amare.

Also, this is true. Flyrus has been playing the best basketball of his career these last few weeks. I'd still get rid of him in a second if he was in a trade involving Amare fucking Stoudemire. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

It will be interesting to see If Adam Morrison can actually have any kind of impact now that he's on a good team. I hope Phil gives him some minutes.

My father is sitting directly behind the Miami bench at tonight's Sixers-Heat game. With the power of HD, I can clearly see him every time the ball is on that side of the floor.

My father is sitting directly behind the Miami bench at tonight's Sixers-Heat game. With the power of HD, I can clearly see him every time the ball is on that side of the floor.

That's fantastic. My pop had seats like that at the Magic/Clippers game.

To think, if he sat behind the Sixers bench, he could strike up a conversation with Elton Brand, maybe give him a good tap on the shoulder.

I used to kind of like Adam Morrison...used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom