NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Preseason is underway. Season gets a thread of its own. Mods, you can go ahead and lock the other one.

Discuss.

Just got back from a Magic pre-season game.

Rashard Lewis = Grant Hill Pt. 2, but it looks like Ron Jeremy's lettin' the guys bomb it and have fun. I'm really excited for this season.

So, he took all of his stuff and left a moderate amount of shit in his locker then, right?

They're saying he 'rearranged' his locker. Yeah, right.

Something is fishy. Something is up.

Some radio station out in LA was saying that a deal was done already, that Kobe would go to Dallas for Howard and Terry. But I doubt that's true. They'd never trade Kobe to a Western team.

But I don't believe he was just 'rearranging' his locker. That excuse just sounds too lame.

And I don't believe there's anything wrong with his knees either, despite that fact that he sat out his third straight practice.

And when Kobe was asked if he's played his last game as a Laker, he said 'I don't know'. And his denial of cleaning out his locker was just the same generic 'My job is to play basketball, if I'm here I'll play, I don't decide what management does, etc' stuff.

And I read something that said that James Worthy and someone else close to the Lakers organization said they expected Kobe to be gone by the time the pre-season is over.

Take it all for what you will.

LemonMacPhisto said:
but just Howard and Terry? :eyebrow:

I don't think that deal is real. I think it's been confirmed that that deal is fake. But I really think something is happening sometime soon.

Alright, I can see your point about Philly, but how's Charlotte not a good fit?

It's a relatively weak division other than the Magic and maybe the Wizards (the Heat will be absolutely terrible this season) and the Bobcats have a lot of young pieces to give. Plus, there's the added incentive of playing under his idol, MJ.

Chicago has better young pieces to give...

Ben Gordon
Luol Deng
Andres Nocioni
Tyrus Thomas
Jokaim Noah

Except is is very unlikely that Paxson lets go of Deng, even for Kobe.

And keep in mind, Kobe has a no-trade clause...he can veto any trade. He wants to win. He won't ok a trade that depletes the destination team so much that he no longer has a good team around him.

And Charlotte JUST traded for Jason Richardson...same position.

Richardson can be a trade piece for salary purposes. I don't know, the Charlotte thing is a longshot, but I think it's still in some realm of possibility.

Chicago sounds like a definite, but what about New York?

What does NY have to give? Isiah isn't going to trade Curry or Lee, and he JUST got Randolph.

Marbury? Marbury+Crawford+pick+what?

I don't think NY has enough to get it done, but even if they did, they'd have to break the bank, and the team around Kobe wouldn't be good anymore, and he'd veto it.

Isaiah said he isnt going to give up anyone on his bench for Kobe..too bad..

Charlotte??? didnt kobe want to win, not end up in the place he was before, just in a different state??

Ill give anyone up on the chicago roster but luol, because kobe and luol will be sick

My money's on Kobe starting the season with the Lake Show.

The buzz in Dallas and LA is that the Mavericks are offering Jason Terry, Josh Howard, and the Mavs' 08 and 10 first round picks for Kobe.

I love Josh and I hate to deplete draft picks... but you kind of have to pull the trigger on that if it's there. Kobe's the exact kind of superstar Dirk has said he doesn't want to be, so it'd be good to get a guy in who:

1. Actually plays excellent defense
2. Has the swagger
3. Has the rings
4. Can "score the basketball" and take pressure off of Dirk

At present, Kobe plays better defense and even averages more assists than any Maverick. If this deal is able to go through, I think it's a no brainer.

Maybe Ainge can swing a deal and we can have the "big 4" in Boston. :wink:

Actually that would be good, cause I am tired of hearing KG, PP and Jesus Shuttleworth called the "big 3".

There was one big 3, and good as these 3 players may be, they don't measure up size wise or accomplishment wise to the true big 3.

parish_mcbird.jpg

tpsreports2424 said:
Isaiah said he isnt going to give up anyone on his bench for Kobe..too bad..

Charlotte??? didnt kobe want to win, not end up in the place he was before, just in a different state??

Ill give anyone up on the chicago roster but luol, because kobe and luol will be sick

even though i don't think he wants any part of charlotte... kobe would have a better chance at getting to the finals on any team in the east than he would with the lakers in the west.

not that he'd have a good chance in charlotte... but, yea. he'd at least be in the playoffs every year.

if he goes anywhere i'd have to imagine it would be to the bulls. no one else has what LA would be looking for.

btw... is it prediction time yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom