NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2008, 03:38 AM   #976
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Also, D'Antoni has proved he cares more about money than about winning by taking the Knicks job.
you're right, 'cause the bulls were soooo good last year that they're just a step away from a championship. ohhh wait, they sucked and missed the playoffs in the dreadful east. that's right, i forgot.

look, obviously the bulls roster is "better" than the knicks roster at this current time. but it's not as if the knicks roster is going to stay like this now that isiah's not around, and it's not as if the bulls are competing for a championship anytime soon. yea... the knicks sucked, but the idea that the bulls are a championship contender went out the window after they went 33-49 this season... the knicks may suck more, but the bulls have proven that they, too, indeed, suck. so this whole thing of how he has a better chance of winning in chicago over new york is kinda silly.

frankly... if i had to choose between a team run by donnie walsh and a team run by john paxson, it's not much of a choice really. and it's been a while since i could say something like that about the knicks the knicks, by far, have the better GM, and (probably) have a much higher draft pick, and believe it or not, are two years away from being in a much better cap situation than the bulls.

let's face facts here... you don't have isiah to kick around anymore.

now all we need is for darth stern to right the lottery (again) so that the knicks get one of the top two picks in the draft

Old 05-11-2008, 03:45 AM   #977
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Hey NBA thread at almost 4:00 am sorry, bored

Old 05-11-2008, 03:46 AM   #978
Rock n' Roll Doggie

but the hawks did give the celtics a run for their money
Old 05-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #979
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

you're right, 'cause the bulls were soooo good last year that they're just a step away from a championship. ohhh wait, they sucked and missed the playoffs in the dreadful east. that's right, i forgot.

look, obviously the bulls roster is "better" than the knicks roster at this current time. but it's not as if the knicks roster is going to stay like this now that isiah's not around, and it's not as if the bulls are competing for a championship anytime soon. yea... the knicks sucked, but the idea that the bulls are a championship contender went out the window after they went 33-49 this season... the knicks may suck more, but the bulls have proven that they, too, indeed, suck. so this whole thing of how he has a better chance of winning in chicago over new york is kinda silly.

frankly... if i had to choose between a team run by donnie walsh and a team run by john paxson, it's not much of a choice really. and it's been a while since i could say something like that about the knicks the knicks, by far, have the better GM, and (probably) have a much higher draft pick, and believe it or not, are two years away from being in a much better cap situation than the bulls.

let's face facts here... you don't have isiah to kick around anymore.

now all we need is for darth stern to right the lottery (again) so that the knicks get one of the top two picks in the draft
I take back what I said about the money...apparently D'Antoni accepted the Knicks job before the Bulls could even make an offer(and according to John Paxson, both he and Reinsdorf were about to make a legitimate offer). It seems as though the Bulls were hesitant while Donnie Walsh showed D'Antoni unconditional love from the get-go and didn't beat around any bush, whereas Pax was somewhat hesitant at first, and then he had to go and get the big boss(Reinsdrof)'s permission, and then the big boss had to meet with D'Antoni, and after D'Antoni had met with Bulls brass three times without an offer, he felt like they weren't acting like they truly wanted him that badly, while all the while Walsh is telling him everything he wants to hear, and he doesn't have to go get Dolan's permission the way Pax has to get Reinsdorf's.

I'm fed up with current Bulls management. Reinsdorf is cheap, and Pax, while not as abjectly dumb as Isiah, is consistently hesitant and wishy-washy about big decisions(trades, signings, extensions, etc) and doesn't know how to pull the trigger and/or take risks.

Congratulations on finally having a GM who will let the bad contracts run out(instead of trading big expirings for overpaid over-the-hill mediocrities like Jalen Rose and Steve Francis like Isiah did) and allow the team to be rebuilt, and on having easily the best coach you've had since Van Gundy, maybe even since Riley.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #980
Blue Crack Distributor

i feel your pain
Old 05-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #981
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Can we borrow D'Antoni? He could coach our road games...
Old 05-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #982
Refugee

Local Time: 11:14 PM
I feel like I could coach the suns to 55 wins. How do I apply for that job?
Old 05-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #983
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by thetitans2k
I feel like I could coach the suns to 55 wins. How do I apply for that job?
i feel you couldn't... but feel free to submit an aplication. you can e-mail it to ridingonjordanscoattails@hotmail.com

ironicly enough that'll let you submit your application for the suns and the bulls jobs, as well as an assistant coaching position for the lakers.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #984
Blue Crack Distributor

barkley said it best last night...

"kobe's back didn't hurt when he chucked up 33 shots"

the lakers will not win anything if kobe's taking 33 shots to score 33 points.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #985
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Funny how a series can turn around so quickly. Now the Spurs are blowing out the Hornets. Granted, they were at home and tomorrow it will be a different story. But I give some credit to Popp for making the adjustments, I think this kid is going to go far...

Time for the masterplan for Game 5: 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Game tied. Horry comes in for the first time in the game and, 5 seconds later, he elbows Chris Paul in the eye. At the same time, Bruce Bowen trips him and, since he can't see, he falls over the bench and breaks his leg. Horry is ejected and Bowen is charged with a flagrant foul but Chris Paul is done for the year. Spurs win Game 5 and blow the Hornets out in Game 6.

I should e-mail this to Popp and see what he thinks.

And, Headache, are you sure you would still take Stojo over Manu?
Old 05-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #986
Blue Crack Distributor

yes, i would. peja would be deadly if he was on the court with tim duncan, or any great low post presence, for that matter. his best years statisticly were with a pre-injury chris webber, not to mention the godfather of the flop himself, vlade divac.

if paul is off (or shooting too much) peja's not going to get as many shots.

height never has an off night. even when the low post presence isn't playing well, he still demands extra attention. which makes it easier for a guy like peja to get open looks.

i will give that manu is better at creating off the dribble than peja. but peja is toooooo lights out for me to not take him over manu, especially if the team already has a top notch low post presence.

and the most surprising thing about your master plan is that bruce bowen would, actually, do that. which makes it not that surprising i think. yea.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #987
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:14 PM
I love how the masterplan to win the series involves Bruce Bowen taking out the other team's star player. Classy basketball right there.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #988
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:14 PM
That's pretty much been Standard Operating Procedure for the Spurs for years, right?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #989
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
That's pretty much been Standard Operating Procedure for the Spurs for years, right?
And it makes for some fun stuff to watch, too.

The only team I dislike more than the Spurs are the Pistons. They complain about every single fucking thing on the court. Even if a foul goes their way, they complain that it's not flagrant or some shit like that.

Chauncey, Tayshaun "Cro-magnum Man" Prince, Rip Lecter, Baby 'Sheed - can't fucking stand them.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #990
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
I love how the masterplan to win the series involves Bruce Bowen taking out the other team's star player. Classy basketball right there.
The masterplan involves a certain degree of irony.

Tags
basketball, nba