NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2008, 04:21 AM   #826
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thetitans2k

I don't understand that sentence at all.
Haha I thought the same thing.

I wonder if he's referring to the Pistons '04 title run, where they beat the Nets and then the Lake Show to win it all. Maybe that's what he means when he says people shouldn't be surprised that the Pistons are a joke, because if they hadn't won that championship they wouldn't be seen as such a strong contender this year?

Still doesn't make much sense to me. I wouldn't pin the Laker's collapse that year on Kobe's inability to pass out of a double team. That would be a case of criminally discrediting the defensive prowess of that Detroit team.

Anyway....I'm gonna have to agree with Lila here...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #827
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

It's that time of year again...

Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #828
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Hewson, I have been supporting the Spurs for the last 5 years, so your bandwagon reference is inappropriate... I guess you could make it if I came and posted cheering for the Lakers or some other team that is doing well.

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #829
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlsAloudFan

Haha I thought the same thing.

I wonder if he's referring to the Pistons '04 title run, where they beat the Nets and then the Lake Show to win it all. Maybe that's what he means when he says people shouldn't be surprised that the Pistons are a joke, because if they hadn't won that championship they wouldn't be seen as such a strong contender this year?

Still doesn't make much sense to me. I wouldn't pin the Laker's collapse that year on Kobe's inability to pass out of a double team. That would be a case of criminally discrediting the defensive prowess of that Detroit team.
Quote:
New Jersey whittled its deficit to 72-70 on two free throws by Richard Jefferson with 5 1/2 minutes left. The Nets had three straight possessions to tie or take the lead, but Jason Kidd was forced into a turnover, they committed a 24-second violation and Kenyon Martin had a jumper blocked by Rasheed Wallace. New Jersey whittled its deficit to 72-70 on two free throws by Richard Jefferson with 5 1/2 minutes left. The Nets had three straight possessions to tie or take the lead, but Jason Kidd was forced into a turnover, they committed a 24-second violation and Kenyon Martin had a jumper blocked by Rasheed Wallace.

"It was 72-70 with (three) chances and we couldn't get it done," Nets coach Lawrence Frank said.

Detroit's only baskets down the stretch were Rasheed Wallace's jumper with 61 seconds to go and Hamilton's dramatic shot over Kidd 46 seconds later. Both hoops opened four-points leads and kept New Jersey at bay.
the nets had a 3-2 lead in the series against detroit in 2004, at home, with the momentum in the 4th quarter and couldn't close the deal, and kobe bryant absolutely lost the nba finals in 2004, and i discredit the so called defensive prowress of that detroit team on a regular basis. the pistons were nothing more than a team at the right place at the right time.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #830
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC
Hewson, I have been supporting the Spurs for the last 5 years, so your bandwagon reference is inappropriate... I guess you could make it if I came and posted cheering for the Lakers or some other team that is doing well.

Thanks.
he posts the ole bandwagon because there is an nba thread here in this forum 365 days a year, yet you only show up to post in it when the spurs are winning in the playoffs.

thus then, i guess i would have to disagree with the bandwagon assesment as well, 'cause you don't really jump from team to team depending on who's winning. you just kinda show up when the team you root for is doing well.

that's better.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #831
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well, you guys discuss many different topics in this thread... and I honestly do not follow a lot of them. I do follow the playoffs and that is why I post during the playoffs, I did not know that an attendance level was required in this thread.

BTW, the Spurs lost yesterday and I am still posting.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #832
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Well, you guys discuss many different topics in this thread... and I honestly do not follow a lot of them. I do follow the playoffs and that is why I post during the playoffs, I did not know that an attendance level was required in this thread.

BTW, the Spurs lost yesterday and I am still posting.
when you're a spurs fan who only posts in hte playoffs, bragging posts at that, who is not from san antonio... you're gonna get people who think you're a bandwagon jumper or a fairweather fan, especially by those who are here on a regular basis. that's pretty much a given.

now there are the expected people who come into sports threads when their said sports team does well, and they don't get responses from anyone other than a . your posts are very boastful, and they only happen come playoff time... thus then you're going to get responses.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #833
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

when you're a spurs fan who only posts in hte playoffs, bragging posts at that, who is not from san antonio... you're gonna get people who think you're a bandwagon jumper or a fairweather fan, especially by those who are here on a regular basis. that's pretty much a given.

now there are the expected people who come into sports threads when their said sports team does well, and they don't get responses from anyone other than a . your posts are very boastful, and they only happen come playoff time... thus then you're going to get responses.
Ok, then. Everyone is entitled to their own thinking. All I will say is that, as you know, I have liked San Antonio for a long time and the connection I have to the team is that two Argentines are playing there.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #834
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Kudos to Hedo Turkoglu for winning the Most Improved Player award.

After getting shafted out of an all-star spot, he really deserved this.

Quote:

Ok, then. Everyone is entitled to their own thinking. All I will say is that, as you know, I have liked San Antonio for a long time and the connection I have to the team is that two Argentines are playing there.
Damn, what would've happened if they kept Scola?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #835
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Damn, what would've happened if they kept Scola?
They would be a better team.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #836
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

They're doing fine right now, but when Duncan declines further it's gonna be tough for them to compete in the West. I think he's got about a year left of playing at this high of a level.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #837
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the nets had a 3-2 lead in the series against detroit in 2004, at home, with the momentum in the 4th quarter and couldn't close the deal, and kobe bryant absolutely lost the nba finals in 2004, and i discredit the so called defensive prowress of that detroit team on a regular basis. the pistons were nothing more than a team at the right place at the right time.
I think you give the Pistons too little credit. If you want to play the what-if game, then one could just as easily say that they'd have back-to-back titles if Rasheed Wallace hadn't had a major brain fart and left Robert Horry wide open on an inbounds play in 2005.

Obviously their clogged-toilet offense is painful to watch and they're going to need some major retooling over the next few years if they want to be a serious contender again, but they were one of the top teams in the NBA for a while.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #838
Blue Crack Distributor

i probably do... but even if you believe that i don't think it's that far of a stretch to say that kobe bryant's play seriously helped the pistons.

i also don't think using the spurs or robert horry is a valid point, because the spurs have 4 championships, horry is an all time clutch player, and the pistons haven't been able to duplicate their success since.

and i didn't even bring up the win over the injury plagued heat in game 7 of 2005

i do believe that the 2004 pistons are the worst championship team in the past 25 years, it not of all time.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #839
Blue Crack Distributor

um... boston? hello?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #840
Blue Crack Distributor

and just like that doc rivers is two games away from being fired.

and david stern is on the phone to game 5's referee's in order to save his precious league saving nba finals.

Tags
basketball, nba