NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #751
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:04 AM
Methinks there are better options than Boris Diaw if one is looking for a last-second shot.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #752
Blue Crack Distributor

methinks there are better options than tim duncan for the game tying three, but, um, yea.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #753
Blue Crack Distributor

wow boris diaw just got hammered

*edit - eh on second thought he deffinetly did get fouled but you're not getting that call at that point in the game
Old 04-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #754
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Seriously, God must hate Phoenix.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #755
Blue Crack Distributor

wow

as much as i love tim duncan is as much as i hate the rest of the spurs, esp. bowen and that little weasel ginobli... but damn. what a game.

what an amazing shot by nash to tie the game again, and just terrible D by phoenix to let ginobli penetrate that far. good decision by pop to not take a time out and allow phoenix to sub shaq back in for D.

yet another heartbreaking loss for the suns at the hands of the spurs.

this is game one of the first round? jeez...
Old 04-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #756
ONE
love, blood, life

Incredible game.

Looking ahead...if you want the Finals to be exciting, you want Boston to get there. It's as simple as that. Spurs, Suns, Lakers, Hornets, Mavs....they will all easily defeat anyone in the east except for Boston. If Boston makes it to the finals, it will be virtualy assured of being the best Finals in a decade(since Bulls/Jazz '98).
Old 04-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #757
Refugee

Local Time: 10:04 AM
What a game. I hate Tim Duncan. He's just too good.

Amare lost them the game on the play where he fouled out. He should have just taken the jumper instead of jumping into Thomas. I feel sick after watching the suns blow that one.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #758
Refugee

Old 04-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #759
Refugee

he's sick man.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #760
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by thetitans2k
What a game. I hate Tim Duncan. He's just too good.

Amare lost them the game on the play where he fouled out. He should have just taken the jumper instead of jumping into Thomas. I feel sick after watching the suns blow that one.
completely disagree... first off, 9 out of 10 times that defender is going to have his feet on or in the circle and it would be a block instead of a charge. should amare have shot the jumper? yea probably, but that's not really his game. more than a bad play by amare it was a great play by ole' cross eyes kurt thomas... which again just goes to prove how good san antonio's front office is that they were able to get thomas from seattle for a box of donuts. he's a perfect role player for that system.

what lose the game for phoenix was not being able to keep ginobly from getting 2 feet from the basket on that last shot. you need to force them to take a jumper at that point, not a layup, a contested one at that.

but even that's nitpicking... phoenix played it pretty well throughout, san antonio just made plays. they defend the screen and pop perfectly, denying the guard and leaving the 7 foot center all alone, and the fucking 7 foot center knocks down a three.

they run that staggered screen set which i believe they ran against the lakers or somebody else this year to win a game, only on the other side of the court... where they use nash as a decoy in order to get it in to the high post and then off to barbosa for the three. san antonio shut that off, nash, the decoy ends up getting an open shot in the corner regardless, switching hands quickly and throwing it up and it goes in... if that was the shot that won the game or sent it to a third overtime we'd be seeing that shot in replays forever. but pop doesn't take a TO, shaq can't get back on the floor to protect the paint, san antonio pushes it right down for a pretty high percentage shot and nash's three is just an afterthough.

overall it was an unbelievable game... phoenix has to look at it as if san antonio can't possibly catch those kind of breaks again in the series... but with the history between these two teams who the hell knows.

again.. this is the first round?? holy schnikes. my only worry is that this might be the best series of the entire playoffs, which would be a shame to have it in round one.. but, eh, fuck it.

as for the eastern conference playoffs... well... who cares.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #761
Blue Crack Distributor

i'd also like to add that anyone who makes the old "i find college basketball to be much more entertaining than the nba" statement to watch the spurs/suns series, then watch this past year's ncaa tournament, and honestly make that statement.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #762
Refugee

Amare hits a shot much further away usually if you've watched any suns games in the past two season. He has a great jumper.

Also anyone in the NBA can hit a wide open three with that much time. Especially a guy who has a crazy drive to win like Tim Duncan. When I went to a bulls game I saw Ben Wallace hit 8 out of ten threes before the game. So I'm definetly not shoked that Duncan's three fell.

Maybe I'm wrong about this but I'm never going to blame a suns lose on their defense when they have mutiple shots to put the game away on offence. I've come not to expect big stops from the suns defence over the years.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #763
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:04 AM
The one-two combination of Kobe and Pau Gasol's beard might prove to be unstoppable as these playoffs continue.

Lakers FTW.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #764
Refugee

Nice shot Sheed
Old 04-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #765
Blue Crack Supplier

Cool beans.

Tags
basketball, nba