NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #601
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR




I think LeBron is the best current illustration of what you're saying. He took a team of crap all the way to the Finals last year.
In the east...

I'm a big KG fan, but it is true. He hasn't taken his team where he should have.

Still, Lakers vs T-Wolves in 2004 was a great series. And they did beat a pretty good Sacramento team to get to the Western Conference Finals.
__________________

__________________
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #602
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?


In the east...

I'm a big KG fan, but it is true. He hasn't taken his team where he should have.

Still, Lakers vs T-Wolves in 2004 was a great series. And they did beat a pretty good Sacramento team to get to the Western Conference Finals.
I remember watching that Kings-Wolves series. Game 7 was intense.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #603
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?


In the east...

I'm a big KG fan, but it is true. He hasn't taken his team where he should have.

Still, Lakers vs T-Wolves in 2004 was a great series. And they did beat a pretty good Sacramento team to get to the Western Conference Finals.
That's true. I want KG to win, I love the guy. He just has a lot to prove, to me. McGrady has even more to prove.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #604
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,478
Local Time: 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


KG and McGrady can't even win a fucking series.
How did the Wolves get to the western finals without winning a series? Did they have a couple of byes that year?
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #605
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


That's true. I want KG to win, I love the guy. He just has a lot to prove, to me. McGrady has even more to prove.
Agreed. T-Mac wins in the competition for most to prove.


That T-Wolves vs Kings series was awesome. And I remember the T-Wolves vs the Lakers being quite chippy as well.
__________________
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #606
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
How did the Wolves get to the western finals without winning a series? Did they have a couple of byes that year?
You're right.

KG is Bill Russell.

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #607
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,400
Local Time: 12:56 AM
the problem is that in the nba today guys are labeled as superstars and get paid as such before they've ever done anything. tracy mcgrady is a perfect example of this.

he's the best player on his team and he's never lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs, and has had some chokes along the way to boot. his reputation precedes him, and he's a vastly over-rated player.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #608
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
the problem is that in the nba today guys are labeled as superstars and get paid as such before they've ever done anything. tracy mcgrady is a perfect example of this.

he's the best player on his team and he's never lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs, and has had some chokes along the way to boot. his reputation precedes him, and he's a vastly over-rated player.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #609
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 01:56 AM
It started with those types of ideas. Potential began to trump actual skill. See Chicago Bulls and Tyson Chandler/Eddy Curry...or Kwame Brown.

Or in our situation here, T-Mac.
__________________
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #610
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,400
Local Time: 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
It started with those types of ideas. Potential began to trump actual skill. See Chicago Bulls and Tyson Chandler/Eddy Curry...or Kwame Brown.

Or in our situation here, T-Mac.
hype out weighs results in american basketball. it's yet another reason why we lose to greece.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #611
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 01:56 AM
I thought it was b/c here in America we value a neat dunk more than a jump shot???
__________________
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #612
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
It started with those types of ideas. Potential began to trump actual skill. See Chicago Bulls and Tyson Chandler/Eddy Curry...or Kwame Brown.

Or in our situation here, T-Mac.
So what does that make C-Webb, a guy who had Bibby and some decent guys like Paja and still never won?
__________________
CTU2fan is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #613
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,478
Local Time: 12:56 AM
C-Webb will always be the guy who called the timeout he didn't have and cost the Fab Five a shot at the NCAA title...and nothing more.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #614
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,400
Local Time: 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan


So what does that make C-Webb, a guy who had Bibby and some decent guys like Paja and still never won?

a solid pro...


Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
C-Webb will always be the guy who called the timeout he didn't have and cost the Fab Five a shot at the NCAA title...and nothing more.
... and that.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #615
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 12:56 AM
It's being reported that the Knicks(Read: Dolan) are talking to Kiki Vandeweghe about him taking over for Isiah as GM but Isiah staying as head coach.

Which would basically be a demotion for Isiah.

Well, I still wouldn't want Isiah on the sideline, but at least Kiki would be an improvement as GM. And a good GM is what the Knicks need. They're really, really not at the point where it matters who's coaching.
__________________

__________________
namkcuR is offline  
 

Tags
basketball, nba

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com