NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad was considering DirectTV for the NFL Ticket anyway, so now this may sway him. I don't know, but it blows no matter what.

It's a leverage thing. This is how FSN tries to garner wider distribution in Orlando. We'll see who blinks first. See, maybe I can't accurately explain why I loved Apocalypse Now, but I can talk sports/sports business. :)

DirecTV is great.

phanan said:

You don't have a local channel that carries all the Mavs games down there? That's a bit odd.

Back home in DFW, of course.

Unfortunately, Austin is Spurs Country.

No spoken words said:
IMP, if the Rockets and Mavs play at the same time on FSN Southwest, which game do you get in Austin?

I don't get either feed. Last nights game was on UPN back in Dallas, so I'm unsure of what it would be on in Houston. Certainly wasn't FSN though.

Fortunately, it aired on NBA TV which for some odd reason I'm getting right now. I don't know if I've always had that channel or if it's a preview engagement, but the good news is I got to watch the Mavericks beat that ass last night when I thought I wouldn't be able to.

^ start celebrating, you wont be doin much of that soon..

by the way, what the hell is he wearing? and i dont mean like tights, i mean the brand of what he's wearing..anyone got good eyes?

fulljgetty-77171711ge006_denver_nug.jpg

fulljgetty-76112959by004_denver_nug.jpg

tpsreports2424 said:
^ start celebrating, you wont be doin much of that soon..

No worries, I'm a Celts fan, not a Knickerbocker fan.
Sure beats being a Bulls fan right now. That Kobe thing must have that team distracted.

the nuggets are terrible...

i mean shit... i know it's completely possible for two teams to both break 100 points while playing good defense at the same time. the teams in the 80s did it all the time. but shit... there was zero attempt at playing defense by either team last night.

anyone who believes that the denver nuggets are going to be one of the top teams in the west this year (here's looking at you stephen cheese doodle smith) is an F'ing moron. a- they play zero defense. yes, they can score. but they don't even make an attempt to try and stop you on the other end. b- any team where allen iverson, at 32 years of age, has control of the ball will not win shit.

they'll be a playoff team... maybe as high as a 6 seed. but go to the finals like stephen a. thinks they will? get real.

Wait...did stephen a seriously pick denver to make the finals? Seriously? San Antonio, Phoenix, and Dallas are all clearly better, and even Houston might be.

Wow, he really is on crack.

I love Iverson as a player personally, but he isn't getting anybody to the Finals, out of the West, with just Carmelo helping him.

Getting the Sixers to the Finals out of the East, in his prime, was one thing...past his prime, in the West, ain't happening.

Well it seems I brought NBA '08 on the PS3 at just the right time......Its got me kinda hooked on NBA at the moment...and the seasons just started....talk about perfect timing!

I seriously haven't really had much interest in the NBA since The Bulls were so successful in the Jordan years.....now unfortunately unless you have cable in Australia, ya don't get to see the games. (God Bless Torrents!)

So I hope to be posting regularly in this thread, even though I don't everyone and everything about the game.

:wave:

The Celtics are for real, guys.

The East is theirs to lose. Period. I can't wait to actually watch them play.

And the Bulls are a terrible basketball team right now. Just got sodomized by the Raptors. What an awful start for this team. 1-4, and two of those losses were to the Sixers and the Bucks. For God's sake. This must be how Headache feels all the time about the Knicks. No, scratch that. This is worse. Headache doesn't have any expectations for the Knicks, so nothing can disappoint him. :(

yes, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are good. Scary good.

And my bulls should trade whoever Kobe wants them to trade so Kobe can come play for us. I hate Kobe. But we suck right now. And this team will not get better. Deng will not be a superstar, take over the game type. Though, him paired with Kobe would be amazing in my opinion. Ben Gordon is too short.

Ben Wallace is doing exactly what I thought he would be doing at this point with the Bulls...taking the money and runnin....i mean slacking off up and down the floor. I mean I saw a highlight the other day where someone just ran past the former Defensive player of the year. Right by him, and did Ben try to block his shot? nah...just watch and get out of the way.

Aldridge would be nice...But this team is done. Look at them...it's over. Their little young run was great...but it is time for a shake up, I feel.

Don't the Bulls usually get off to a bad start and pick it up by mid-season?

I remember their 0-9 start that one year with essentially the same team, just little to no expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom