NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #541
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:12 AM

is it a good thing or a bad thing that all these players are being traded from the east to the west? I mean Pau, Shaq, Kidd; these are big name players leaving the East. Does this help the East take the next step to getting equal talent as the West?

p.s. I know Shaq is a big question mark. But he's still a big name.

edit: Pau wasn't traded from the East either....he is still in the west.

My post has lost credibility.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #542
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

What was that about shooting? I love watching Ray Allen shoot. LeBron may have won the MVP but Ray won that game.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #543
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:12 AM
ray allen was the mvp. they gave it to lebron to further push some sort of image about how great he is and all.

the only part of the all star game that matters is the last 5-6 minutes, when they actually, ya know, try. allen dominated this part of the game.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #544
ONE
love, blood, life

It was the most enjoyable all-star game I've seen in a while...that said, it still doesn't hold a candle to some of the all-star games that were on ESPN Classic over the weekend.

Jesus.

Watching MJ, Ewing, Isiah, Scottie, Larry Johnson, young Shaq, Dominique on the same team vs Malone/Stockton, Barkley, Admiral, Hakeem, Drexler, Tim Hardaway, etc on the same team in 93?

Watching Bird, Dr.J, Isiah, Laimbeer, McHale, Bernard King, Moncreif, Parish, etc on the same team vs Magic, Kareem, Gervin, English, Walter Davis, Sampson, Dantley, etc on the same team in 84?

(You know, I had actually forgotten how fucking good Isiah was...Isiah the GM has made me forget Isiah the player.)

Watching MJ, Shaq, Pippen, Reggie, pre-injury Grant Hill, Ewing, Mourning, Rice etc vs Malone/Stockton, Barkley, Payton, Robinson, Hakeem, Dikembe, Drexler, Kemp, Richmond, etc on the same team in 96?

For me the more recent all-star games just don't compare.

I truly believe that the period from 1980-2000 will be considered the best there ever was.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #545
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
But you forget that J.J. Redick is superglued to the Magic bench.
i still don't get that... it seems to me that exactly what the magic need is a deep threat to take pressure off of howard, and one would think that with howard back there it would take pressure of the need for j.j. to be a great defender.

he's apparently asked to be traded a couple of times but the magic won't budge... you can't tell me that someone can possibly shoot as well as redick does and not find some niche' in the nba. it's unfathomable. trade him to a phoenix or san antonio or the lakers or even a team like toronto and i can bet ya that he'd be a significant role player off the bench, a la steve kerr.

ponderous. i suppose lights out shooting just doesn't mean as much as it used to.

and we wonder why we lose to greece.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #546
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

i still don't get that... it seems to me that exactly what the magic need is a deep threat to take pressure off of howard, and one would think that with howard back there it would take pressure of the need for j.j. to be a great defender.

he's apparently asked to be traded a couple of times but the magic won't budge... you can't tell me that someone can possibly shoot as well as redick does and not find some niche' in the nba. it's unfathomable. trade him to a phoenix or san antonio or the lakers or even a team like toronto and i can bet ya that he'd be a significant role player off the bench, a la steve kerr.

ponderous. i suppose lights out shooting just doesn't mean as much as it used to.

and we wonder why we lose to greece.
It's the one thing I hate about Ron Jeremy and his rotations. The trade for Maurice Evans/Brian Cook completely buried Redick into the 4th guard spot, probably because he doesn't play "good enough defense." That's bullshit.

They need to get rid of Carlos Arroyo, another guard, and Pat Garrity's contract - get a friggin' big guy to put next to Dwight (maybe Chris Wilcox, Kurt Thomas, Joe Smith, something...), and let Redick fucking play. If not, then trade Redick so that he gets a chance to play. My dad and I start "Bring in J.J." chants toward the end of every Magic home game, too.

He's arguably the 2nd or 3rd most popular player on the team, behind Dwight or Hedo Turkoglu, and never gets to play. Egregious... simply egregious.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #547
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:12 PM
When I was younger, I used to make Mavs jerseys for the playoffs with light and dark blue markers. I had printed off the right fonts for the letters and numbers in order to get the numbers and names perfect. I'd get the DALLAS on there in dark blue, the number below in light blue, and color the piping light blue. They looked pretty damn good.

I made these jerseys out of wife beaters.

Welcome back, J Kidd.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #548
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by impy13
wife beater J Kidd.
Is there a player in any sport who's skated by an off-court issue like that more easily than Kidd has? I can't think of anyone...usually with a situation like that the media puts a black mark on them, in ink, and it never comes off. With Kidd the medai almost completely ignored it.

As for Redick I pretty much completely agree, an outside threat like him would be a nice compliment to Howard. I don't see why he can't get minutes...he basically never seems to play. I mean, Eddie House is probably Boston's 4th guard and he plays more than Redick does...and I don't see why Redick can't/couldn't at least be Orlando's Eddie House...
Old 02-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #549
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan

Is there a player in any sport who's skated by an off-court issue like that more easily than Kidd has? I can't think of anyone...usually with a situation like that the media puts a black mark on them, in ink, and it never comes off. With Kidd the medai almost completely ignored it.
he got it pretty good when it first happened, but that was all the way back in 2001. bob ryan also had a bit of a run in over the incident when the nets and celtics played in the playoffs in 2003.

it was a one time incident, he did the crime/did the time, and has since moved on. we can't hold what appears to have been an isolated incident over someone's head forever.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #550
Blue Crack Distributor

great move by the spurs last night to get kurt thomas for a bag of donuts.

in phoenix... as long as shaq doesn't physicaly break down it's going to work. when he fully understands their offense? they're going to be unbelievably dangerous. don't know if they'll ever stop anyone, but they'll put up 120 points per game, which makes me happy

high quality performance by the knicks last night... nothing like a 40 points loss to the 76ers, being down 50 at one point, to get things going.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #551
ONE
love, blood, life

The Wallace era in Chicago is over.

In a three team, ten player deal, the Bulls have acquired Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Cedric Simmons, and Shannon Brown, the Cavs have acquired Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally S, and Delonte West, and the Supersonics have acquired Adrian Griffen, Ira Newble, and Donyell Marshall.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #552
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Eh.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #553
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't know...Gooden, Hughes, and Shannon Brown for a guy who was doing nothing for us while getting paid a ridiculous amount of money for it seems like a good deal right now.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #554
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Too little, too late for the Bulls - they still don't have a go-to guy and aren't any closer to having one; the Sonics are just dumping salary, so they don't really factor into anything; the Cavs got rid of expiring contracts to get an aging, undersized center, Joe Smith, a borderline washed up Szczerbiak, and a decent combo guard who fills the same role as another player (Gibson)

With a frontcourt of Ilgauskas (my friend Kenny calls him "Polio"), Sideshow Bob, and Wallace's Corpse, what are they gonna do against Toronto, Orlando, Boston, or even Detroit? Hope LeBron drives the lane and picks up the foul every time?

I don't know - I wish the Magic made a fucking trade, but making the playoffs is just good enough for them then.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #555
Blue Crack Distributor

isiah thomas brokered that deal.

only he could make a trade in which 11 players change teams and not a single thing is accomplished, other than one awful contract being traded for another.

ponderous.

Tags
basketball, nba