NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2@NYC said:
And if Stojakovic is better than Ginobili, then Michael Jordan was a great baseball player.

put stojakovic with duncan and see what he does.

peja's a career 18ppg, is 6'10" and may well be the best shooter in the league, certainly top 5.

ginobili's a career 14.7 ppg and is a generous 6'6", all be it a better slasher than peja. neither guy can guard a soul and neither is a good rebounder.

manu has never had a single season that can match peja's best years. let's not forget this guy was an all star before a rash of injuries following the artest trade slowed him a tad.

put stojo at 6'10" on the spurs in place of ginobili? with the way he shoots? good lord... that would be scary.

yea... i'll take peja.

lebron+inside+and+out.JPG

I'd take Manu over Peja right now. But yeah, Stojakovic was an absolute monster during his Sacramento days. Not his fault that he had to play for Rick Adelman and that Chris Webber was such a 4th-quarter headcase.

Lebron is a phenomenal athlete but IMO until he becomes a more consistent shooter he doesn't get to sit at the grown folks' table with Kobe and MJ and Larry etc. I'm sure sometime in this series he'll hit some shots and end up with 45 points and all we'll hear is "ZOMG LABRONN IS BAKC!!!!11!" but the consistency has to be there.

He ought to check his ego and let Ilgauskas do some more shooting...

that there is the problem... lebron shouldn't be at the jordan larry kobe table. he should be at the magic oscar table. he should be the guy who sets everyone else up, not the guy who takes all the shots. but in today's world where stats are king, we'll never get to see that.

lebron shoulda been magic with hops. he could easily be a 20, 12 and 12 guy... and i mean that. he SHOULD average a triple double for a season. but he's a 30, 7 and 7 guy instead. he's the better player with more points, and obviously his team is better with him, but i think we could see so much more from lebron if he didn't shoot so much.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
but i think we could see so much more from lebron if he didn't shoot so much.
Of course if he had more reliable shooters than Wally World and Boobie...he might opt to pass more.

Hewson said:
Of course if he had more reliable shooters than Wally World and Boobie...he might opt to pass more.

yea but they've been saying that a lot since he's come into the league... then they get someone new, who's the guy that's supposed to "take the pressure off of lebron" and that doesn't happen and then they need someone else.

great players make their teammates better. i will say this... mike brown's offensive system doesn't help matters. the whole "give the ball to lebron, everyone else stands still and watches" thing isn't exactly conducive of a high scoring offensive attack.

Once again, Jerry Reinsdorf has proved he's a cheapskate and let D'Antoni walk.

Also, D'Antoni has proved he cares more about money than about winning by taking the Knicks job.

If you're the Orlando Magic, you have one possession to win a game against the Pistons, and you have the most ferocious offensive rebounder in the NBA on your team, you might consider taking your final shot with more than 2 seconds left so that he can have a shot at a putback.

speedracer said:
If you're the Orlando Magic, you have one possession to win a game against the Pistons, and you have the most ferocious offensive rebounder in the NBA on your team, you might consider taking your final shot with more than 2 seconds left so that he can have a shot at a putback.

Yep.

Fucking painful game to watch in person.

namkcuR said:
Also, D'Antoni has proved he cares more about money than about winning by taking the Knicks job.

you're right, 'cause the bulls were soooo good last year that they're just a step away from a championship. ohhh wait, they sucked and missed the playoffs in the dreadful east. that's right, i forgot.

look, obviously the bulls roster is "better" than the knicks roster at this current time. but it's not as if the knicks roster is going to stay like this now that isiah's not around, and it's not as if the bulls are competing for a championship anytime soon. yea... the knicks sucked, but the idea that the bulls are a championship contender went out the window after they went 33-49 this season... the knicks may suck more, but the bulls have proven that they, too, indeed, suck. so this whole thing of how he has a better chance of winning in chicago over new york is kinda silly.

frankly... if i had to choose between a team run by donnie walsh and a team run by john paxson, it's not much of a choice really. and it's been a while since i could say something like that about the knicks :hi5: the knicks, by far, have the better GM, and (probably) have a much higher draft pick, and believe it or not, are two years away from being in a much better cap situation than the bulls.

let's face facts here... you don't have isiah to kick around anymore.

:dance:

now all we need is for darth stern to right the lottery (again) so that the knicks get one of the top two picks in the draft

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

you're right, 'cause the bulls were soooo good last year that they're just a step away from a championship. ohhh wait, they sucked and missed the playoffs in the dreadful east. that's right, i forgot.

look, obviously the bulls roster is "better" than the knicks roster at this current time. but it's not as if the knicks roster is going to stay like this now that isiah's not around, and it's not as if the bulls are competing for a championship anytime soon. yea... the knicks sucked, but the idea that the bulls are a championship contender went out the window after they went 33-49 this season... the knicks may suck more, but the bulls have proven that they, too, indeed, suck. so this whole thing of how he has a better chance of winning in chicago over new york is kinda silly.

frankly... if i had to choose between a team run by donnie walsh and a team run by john paxson, it's not much of a choice really. and it's been a while since i could say something like that about the knicks :hi5: the knicks, by far, have the better GM, and (probably) have a much higher draft pick, and believe it or not, are two years away from being in a much better cap situation than the bulls.

let's face facts here... you don't have isiah to kick around anymore.

:dance:

now all we need is for darth stern to right the lottery (again) so that the knicks get one of the top two picks in the draft

I take back what I said about the money...apparently D'Antoni accepted the Knicks job before the Bulls could even make an offer(and according to John Paxson, both he and Reinsdorf were about to make a legitimate offer). It seems as though the Bulls were hesitant while Donnie Walsh showed D'Antoni unconditional love from the get-go and didn't beat around any bush, whereas Pax was somewhat hesitant at first, and then he had to go and get the big boss(Reinsdrof)'s permission, and then the big boss had to meet with D'Antoni, and after D'Antoni had met with Bulls brass three times without an offer, he felt like they weren't acting like they truly wanted him that badly, while all the while Walsh is telling him everything he wants to hear, and he doesn't have to go get Dolan's permission the way Pax has to get Reinsdorf's.

I'm fed up with current Bulls management. Reinsdorf is cheap, and Pax, while not as abjectly dumb as Isiah, is consistently hesitant and wishy-washy about big decisions(trades, signings, extensions, etc) and doesn't know how to pull the trigger and/or take risks.

Congratulations on finally having a GM who will let the bad contracts run out(instead of trading big expirings for overpaid over-the-hill mediocrities like Jalen Rose and Steve Francis like Isiah did) and allow the team to be rebuilt, and on having easily the best coach you've had since Van Gundy, maybe even since Riley.

Can we borrow D'Antoni? He could coach our road games...

thetitans2k said:
I feel like I could coach the suns to 55 wins. How do I apply for that job?

i feel you couldn't... but feel free to submit an aplication. you can e-mail it to ridingonjordanscoattails@hotmail.com

ironicly enough that'll let you submit your application for the suns and the bulls jobs, as well as an assistant coaching position for the lakers.

Funny how a series can turn around so quickly. Now the Spurs are blowing out the Hornets. Granted, they were at home and tomorrow it will be a different story. But I give some credit to Popp for making the adjustments, I think this kid is going to go far... ;)

Time for the masterplan for Game 5: 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Game tied. Horry comes in for the first time in the game and, 5 seconds later, he elbows Chris Paul in the eye. At the same time, Bruce Bowen trips him and, since he can't see, he falls over the bench and breaks his leg. Horry is ejected and Bowen is charged with a flagrant foul but Chris Paul is done for the year. Spurs win Game 5 and blow the Hornets out in Game 6.

I should e-mail this to Popp and see what he thinks.

:tongue:

And, Headache, are you sure you would still take Stojo over Manu? :D

yes, i would. peja would be deadly if he was on the court with tim duncan, or any great low post presence, for that matter. his best years statisticly were with a pre-injury chris webber, not to mention the godfather of the flop himself, vlade divac.

if paul is off (or shooting too much) peja's not going to get as many shots.

height never has an off night. even when the low post presence isn't playing well, he still demands extra attention. which makes it easier for a guy like peja to get open looks.

i will give that manu is better at creating off the dribble than peja. but peja is toooooo lights out for me to not take him over manu, especially if the team already has a top notch low post presence.

and the most surprising thing about your master plan is that bruce bowen would, actually, do that. which makes it not that surprising i think. :scratch: yea.

Last edited:
I love how the masterplan to win the series involves Bruce Bowen taking out the other team's star player. Classy basketball right there.

lazarus said:
That's pretty much been Standard Operating Procedure for the Spurs for years, right?

And it makes for some fun stuff to watch, too. :up:

The only team I dislike more than the Spurs are the Pistons. They complain about every single fucking thing on the court. Even if a foul goes their way, they complain that it's not flagrant or some shit like that.

Chauncey, Tayshaun "Cro-magnum Man" Prince, Rip Lecter, Baby 'Sheed - can't fucking stand them.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I love how the masterplan to win the series involves Bruce Bowen taking out the other team's star player. Classy basketball right there.

The masterplan involves a certain degree of irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom