NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because it was Chauncey Billups.

In that game in Orlando earlier this year where Lewis hit the buzzer-beater, Billups came off of a screen and took about 6 steps before he hit his 3 to tie. Detroit's gonna complain and get all of the fucking calls their way every single time. It's bullshit.

All I can hope for is to win the 2 at home. Don't wanna see another sweep.

Last edited:
The Spurs sucked... again.

How can a team go from playing so well in the first series to being such a mess in the second one? Their third quarters have been horrific.

And I honestly think that the Hornets are not playing that well. It is mainly the Spurs that are sucking, big time.

I hope the turn it around on Thursday. It is pretty much do or die now.

And that call at the end of the third quarter for the Pistons was shameful... it completely changed the tempo of the game.

U2@NYC said:
The Spurs sucked... again.

How can a team go from playing so well in the first series to being such a mess in the second one? Their third quarters have been horrific.

And I honestly think that the Hornets are not playing that well. It is mainly the Spurs that are sucking, big time.

I hope the turn it around on Thursday. It is pretty much do or die now.

the spurs match up horrificly against the hornets, and the suns were mentally shot after blowing game 1.

parker is negated and passed by paul, the combo of chandler and west are out playing duncan, and they have two lights out shooters in mo pete and stojo on either side to punish the spurs if they help on paul or west. stojakovic is better than ginobli, especially now that peja's healthy. add in that the hornets bench is playing very very well and they're just running circles around san antonio.

Tony Parker - Tim Duncan (and Eva Longoria) = Rajon Rondo.

I can't wait to see how C's/Cavs goes...LeBron is a great player but I can't see any of his teammates handling their end. Does anyone feel comfortable counting on Wally? On Big Ben??? I suppose Boobie Gibson and Delonte West could have some hot shooting nights.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the spurs match up horrificly against the hornets, and the suns were mentally shot after blowing game 1.

parker is negated and passed by paul, the combo of chandler and west are out playing duncan, and they have two lights out shooters in mo pete and stojo on either side to punish the spurs if they help on paul or west. stojakovic is better than ginobli, especially now that peja's healthy. add in that the hornets bench is playing very very well and they're just running circles around san antonio.

I honestly do not think the Hornets are that great. But anyway...

And Stojakovic is not better than Ginobili. All he can do is shoot threes. He has just been on fire lately but shooters go through ups and downs.

If only the Spurs would have drafted Scola...

Chicago and NY apparently in a bidding war for D'Antoni.

Reports say that Bulls GM John Paxson had two interviews with D'Antoni, that he was 'seriously' interested and excited about the possibility, that D'Antoni told Paxson that the Bulls was the job he wanted, period, and that both sides want to get it done, and the only thing holding it up was money - i.e. that Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf - an increasingly notoriously cheap man - is hesitant about making a bigger offer, especially with Skiles still on the payroll.

Many are not sure what to make of the Knicks' bid for D'Antoni, seeing as everyone was saying Mark Jackson was as good as a done deal as the next head coach in New York. As a result, some are saying that Donnie Walsh is just doing his dillegence, making it look like he's going after D'Antoni so no one can say he didn't try, and some are saying that D'Antoni is merely using the Knicks to drive up the Bulls offer, and that the Bulls are the job he really wants.

I hope the Bulls get him. Our roster is very suited to his system.

I hope he goes to the Bulls, that's a better fit and I'd enjoy watching him work with that roster.

Hewson said:
John Paxson is still employed?
Wonders will never cease.

apparently if you're a shooter that becomes relevant by hanging on to michael jordan, you can keep your job no matter how many bad moves you make.

signing d'antoni would probably be paxson's first good move. hey... if danny ainge can build a winner, anything's possible.

a couple of days ago you hated him.

I never hated him. I had just been struck that night by how Suns fans themselves were ravaging the guy, saying they didn't want him anymore. And I had just watched the Suns get the shit kicked out of themselves by the Spurs the night before or whenver it was. I was a little 'in the moment' when I posted that. But you have to understand when you're a fan of a team that has spent the last five years under Scott Skiles and Jim Boylan, you've spent the last five years watching your coaches not even come close to getting all they can get out their players. They ran an offensively stagnant system that focused almost solely on defense and 'hustle' and 'effort'. Defense is all well and good but it doesn't mean anything when you have no offensive system. We have guys like Deng and Hinrich and Tyrus and Thabo and Gordon who have never had a coach who put them in a real offensive system. Kick-outs for long jump shots. That's been our offense for the last five years and it's tired. It's not going anywhere. And when I started thinking about D'Antoni implementing his system here, putting these guys in a real offensive system that has shown results in the past, I got excited. These guys have been forced into a half-court system for years and most of the Bulls fans I know have been longing for the day when they got to RUN. So yes, when I thought about D'Antoni on my team, I got excited. But I never hated him, I never even disliked him. Like I said, I still had a bad taste in my mouth from seeing the Suns choke so bad so many times.

Oh, one other thing....you said D'Antoni is the best offensive mind in the nba right now...I respectfully disagree. He's one of the best, but I think Tex Winter is the best. Just the virtue of being the architect of the most successful offensive system in recent NBA history should be enough to give him that label.

D'Antoni has had some success in the NBA, but only with stacked teams. It will be interesting to see what he does with a team that isn't as talented as phoenix has been during his duration as the head coach of the suns.

That game harkened back to the Heat/Knicks playoff games of the 90's...if only Mike Brown decided to grab Kevin Garnett around the leg and take a ride it would have been a carbon copy...ugly game.

Cavs offense= Dribble around, dribble around, pass it to Z and hope he hits 20 footer.

namkcuR said:
Oh, one other thing....you said D'Antoni is the best offensive mind in the nba right now...I respectfully disagree. He's one of the best, but I think Tex Winter is the best. Just the virtue of being the architect of the most successful offensive system in recent NBA history should be enough to give him that label.

that's fine... but i must say that the alleged complications of the triangle offense are so incredibly over-rated. EVERY offense has a power triangle and a weak side triangle... not to mention that the jackson/winter's triangle offense has taken on a number of different forms over the years.

and jackson/winter have never won a playoff series without the best player in the nba at that time on their team.

i guess it looks like the knicks are still somewhat alive in the d'antoni sweepstakes. beside the obvious want for him to coach the knicks, i have a vested personal interest in d'antoni coming to new york instead of chicago, in that one of his top assistants is a graduate (and donor) of the school i work at... so i'm holding out hope that walsh opens up the coffers and outbids the bulls.

i guess it looks like the knicks are still somewhat alive in the d'antoni sweepstakes. beside the obvious want for him to coach the knicks, i have a vested personal interest in d'antoni coming to new york instead of chicago, in that one of his top assistants is a graduate (and donor) of the school i work at... so i'm holding out hope that walsh opens up the coffers and outbids the bulls.

If it comes to a true bidding war, the Knicks can and will outbid the Bulls easily, because the Knicks are the most financially reckless team in the NBA, maybe all of sports, and the Bulls in recent years have proven to be cheap as hell, despite being one of the most profitable organizations in the league.

But the buzz is still that Mark Jackson is your next coach, and that D'Antoni is using the Knicks to jack up the Bulls' price.

Great game tonight for the Magic. Lewis had a fantastic night. If those 4 guys (Howard, Lewis, Nelson, and Turk) are firing from all cylinders, they're tough to beat.

Sorry to see Crybaby Chauncey go down...

Actually, I'm sorry for the comment. The Knicks will be back and the league will be better off when that happens.

"I think there are two subjects that are going to get some attention by the competition committee. No. 1 is review on clock situations. And No. 2 is the whole intentional fouls away from the play etc. I don't know what the results will be in each one, but I think those are worthy of some considered attention."
-Darth Stern

And the Spurs finally showed up... Nicely done. Hope it's not too late.

Funny how there has not been a single away win this round.

And if Stojakovic is better than Ginobili, then Michael Jordan was a great baseball player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom