NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #466
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
"You just don't really want to get me upset. When I'm upset, I'm known to do certain things - like kill." Shaq then paused for dramatic effect and said, "Let me put it this way: Have you seen Shawn Bradley lately? Didn't think so."
What's the deal with Shaq mocking crummy centers all the time? Remember the Eric Dampier stuff? Pity he doesn't have Eric Montross and Big Country Reeves to kick around anymore...

Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #467
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I just read a rumor that seems to me like it would never happen, but I kind of hope it does...

Andrei Kirilenko for Ben Wallace.

Rumor has it Utah would do this to help battle against the newly acquired big men like Shaq and Gasol.

Then there's a rumor that Larry Brown might be the next coach of the Chicago Bulls. Yup, he'll develop young players...

Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #468
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
I just read a rumor that seems to me like it would never happen, but I kind of hope it does...

Rumor has it Utah would do this to help battle against the newly acquired big men like Shaq and Gasol.

Then there's a rumor that Larry Brown might be the next coach of the Chicago Bulls. Yup, he'll develop young players...
Holy "get out of jail free" Batman, how can the Bulls not pull the trigger on this? And once that's done who's shitty contract gets dumped on Dallas? How many years does Mark Blount have left on his deal? Too bad Starbury isn't a big man...
Old 02-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #469
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan

What's the deal with Shaq mocking crummy centers all the time? Remember the Eric Dampier stuff? Pity he doesn't have Eric Montross and Big Country Reeves to kick around anymore...
because he can? he does take regular shots at bill walton as well, including one just the other day.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #470
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

i've always had respect for utah as a very well run organization. all of that respect will be lost if they actually even consider a trade as asinine as this one.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #471
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
AK for Wallace? Think again
At some point, the Jazz might trade Andrei Kirilenko and whatever remains of his contract, which when signed was worth more than the gross national product of some countries.

I just don't see it happening before the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

Kirilenko is playing too well, coach Jerry Sloan is doing too good of a job staying off his back and the Jazz are winning too many games for Larry Miller and Kevin O'Connor to make such a major roster change in the next few weeks.

This summer? Maybe. But not now.

In Sunday's Chicago Tribune, my friend Sam Smith floated the possibility of the Jazz trading Kirilenko for Ben Wallace because of future salary cap issues -- like re-signing Deron Williams and, down the road, re-signing Carlos Boozer.

This, of course, is laughable.

If the Jazz ever trade Kirilenko, they will get more than an aging, moody veteran whose interest in the game seemed to decline the minute he signed his contract-of-a-lifetime a couple of years ago.

Watching the Bulls' game at Golden State on Thursday night, one play stands out.

Trailing by six, the Warriors' Monta Ellis held the ball for the last shot of the first half. With five or six seconds left, Ellis put the ball on the floor, drove to the basket and slammed down a thunderous dunk.

Wallace?

He didn't exactly sidestep Ellis, but he didn't jump in front of him or try to block the shot, either. He just waved as Ellis drove past, which was surprising to see from a supposedly tough, defend-the-rim center like Wallace.

Now, if the Bulls want to talk about a package that includes Andres Nocioni, Kirk Hinrich, and first-round draft pick for Kirilenko, O'Connor might listen.

But straight-up for Ben Wallace?

The guy who got into a fight with former Chicago coach Scott Skiles because he couldn't wear his headband?

I don't think so.
-- Steve Luhm
Old 02-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #472
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

because he can? he does take regular shots at bill walton as well, including one just the other day.
Well yeah he can...but he's Shaq. You'd think he'd dog guys that are his actual competition rather than these bums who don't belong on the court with him. I suppose it's tough since the center position is kind of in the crapper these days (and Shaq getting old doesn't help).

Now Walton is another story, at least he can fight back.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #473
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

AK for Wallace? Think again

I can't see anyone wanting Wallace...why would you pay a guy that much to stand there as people drive to the basket and jog around on the court.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #474
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:18 PM
They can take Adonal Foyle for free.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #475
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:18 PM
I hope Danimal comes in here and dunks on your fucking souls.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #476
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

He's the Darryl Dawkins of Interference.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

I'm impressed that the Celtics have done as well as they have without Garnett in the lineup. They are overcoming the first serious injury of the season with flying colors.

If they beat the Knicks tomorrow, they'll have a 41-9 record at the break. I think even the most optimistic people around wouldn't have seen that coming.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #478
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

And they're like 16-0 against the West so far, that's pretty good.

Have they played the Suns, Mavs, Hornets yet?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #479
Blue Crack Addict

They've played the Mavs at home and won, but still have to face them on the road.

No games against the Suns or Hornets yet, but the next west coast trip includes them.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #480
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I see them finishing with 55-60 wins, but get beaten by the Pistons in a 7-game series, barring any major injuries + future betting scandals.

The Magic will get the 4 seed, maybe win, then get annihilated in the next round... if we're doing playoff predictions this early.

Tags
basketball, nba