NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
diamond said:
Attn my bitches:

Williams, Jazz beat Rockets 90-84 to take 2-0 series lead

You'll recall my assessment of the Jazzy Jeffs' potential in the playoffs as thus:

Hewson said:
Methinks the Jazz are one and done in the playoffs. Who they draw is critical, but the west is loaded...if they get lucky they'll draw Houston and move on for a second round elimination.

They got lucky, and drew Houston, who everyone in this thread expected to be a first round bust even while they were winning 22 straight, so no surprise the Jazzy Jeffs are gonna move on and get taken out in the next round.

B000069LDX.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'm currently watching Mike&Mike and Greenie is on a rampage about flopping (Kirilenko). While I think flopping is pretty obnoxious, I want to know why people only seem to care when it's a foreign player doing it? Half the league flops, but it seems like it's always a European with bad hair that gets lambasted for it (Vlade Divac for example).

Bigger point being that was a shit call, flop or not. And TMac has no room to bitch about it...gee, how about making a basket in a 4th quarter.

CTU2fan said:
I'm currently watching Mike&Mike and Greenie is on a rampage about flopping (Kirilenko). While I think flopping is pretty obnoxious, I want to know why people only seem to care when it's a foreign player doing it? Half the league flops, but it seems like it's always a European with bad hair that gets lambasted for it (Vlade Divac for example).

Bigger point being that was a shit call, flop or not. And TMac has no room to bitch about it...gee, how about making a basket in a 4th quarter.

probably because the europeans overdue the flop.

taking a fake spill every now and then is being crafty... hitting the ground any time you draw contact (and sometimes when you don't) like a soccer player is obnoxious and not good for anyone.

mark jackson made a great point in the san antonio/phoenix game when, at one point, ginobli probably did get fouled by shaq but they didn't call it... saying essentialy that eventually all the flopping you do comes back to bite you in the ass, because refs start to think you're floping all the time and stop giving you calls. it's the boy who cries wolf syndrome.

Hewson said:

You'll recall my assessment of the Jazzy Jeffs' potential in the playoffs as thus:

They got lucky, and drew Houston, who everyone in this thread expected to be a first round bust even while they were winning 22 straight, so no surprise the Jazzy Jeffs are gonna move on and get taken out in the next round.

B000069LDX.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yes yes, I do recall that, however nobody thought the Jazz would go to down Houston and be up 2-0.

Bill Walton says the Jazz are a much better team this year and when Bill speaks it's usually considered Gospel.

<>

Headache in a Suitcase said:
when bill speaks there's usually a hint of the gonj in the air.

I bumped into bra Bill at a U2 show and he asked me for a photo together and I said nope.

word.

<>

hehe... rafer alston being injured is an issue. you're funny.

a friend of mine who i work/coach with was a walk on at wake durring the time chris paul was there, and never stops talking about how great he is... which he is and all, but you kinda tire of hearing about him so often.

me thinks i'm gonna get an ears full when i go into the office tomorrow

that was an interesting play call by toronto there. sam mitchell's a tool.

dwight howard on the other hand... beastly.

The way the refs altered the 3rd quarter and end of the game was memorable, to say the least.

That terrible offensive foul call at the end on Keyon Dooling almost cost the Magic the game.

And again, Chris Bosh and Sam Mitchell are both whiny bitches. Mitchell's on the court so much, you'd think he were still playing.

Wow. I forgot about this thread didn't I!

I guess its partially, that we don't get ANY telecasts, well I only have free to air, so I don't get to see anything, execpt from maybe the ocasional "OMG he got a 3 pointer on the buzzer in overtime" highlights. But other than that...Nadda! (But I think I winged about that last time)

So since the playoff started I've been watching the scores on Yahoo & ESPN.com.

Did the Suns go to sleep in the 3rd? San Antonio had like an 11-0 run going at the start, and they never got back into after that.

Also, looked like the Raptors/Magic game would have been great to watch!

Bosh got fouled by dwight on one of the plays at the end of that game for sure. Dwight left his feet and hit Bosh with his body.

I also can't beleive phoenix was just feeding boris diaw over and over again. It was killing me.

Damn Suns :( Would have been nice if Stoudemire, ya know, showed up in the 2nd half. But no, he goes all TMac on us and there goes the game. Would be nice if Grant Hill was healthy, but he's Grant Hill...

The Spurs really piss me off. The flopping, the Hack a Shaq business in the 3rd quarter...even the PA announcer in San Antonio bugs me.

thetitans2k said:
Bosh got fouled by dwight on one of the plays at the end of that game for sure. Dwight left his feet and hit Bosh with his body.

I also can't beleive phoenix was just feeding boris diaw over and over again. It was killing me.

Bosh was getting nearly every single call his way the whole game. I'm not trying to be a homer, but that was a no-call play from where I was sitting - behind the basket on the upper deck.

CTU2fan said:
the Hack a Shaq business in the 3rd quarter

this really bothers me... it's legal, and san antonio's not cheating by doing it, but it's really not in the spirit of the game and the rules committee needs to do something about it. like i said in an earlier post, at any other level of basketball if you purposely foul someone who does not have the ball it's an intentional foul and you get two shots and the ball.

now if you want to wrap shaq up anytime he touches the ball to send him to the line? by all means... go right ahead. but this whole fouling him everytime the suns are on offense to get him off the court is bush league and the NBA needs to do something about it before it really blows up in their face... imagine if the lakers and pistons both used this practice a few years back when they played in the NBA finals? the championship would be decided by a free throw shooting competition between shaq and ben wallace. now if that's not a ratings grabber, i don't know what is.

imagine if the lakers and pistons both used this practice a few years back when they played in the NBA finals? the championship would be decided by a free throw shooting competition between shaq and ben wallace. now if that's not a ratings grabber, i don't know what is.
And a final score of 1-0 (in triple overtime) is not really what you want from a basketball game.

the lakers won't win a championship if kobe's scoring 40+ per game... they will if they have a more balanced attack like they had when pao had 30.

I was going to disagree with you, but I think this is true.
However, there will be a couple of games where Kobe will score 40+
IMO

Lakers/Celtics in the Finals.
Lakers over Boston in 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom