NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That deal was rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic for both teams IMO. I still don't really get it.

I get it.

The Bulls found some sucker team to take Big Ben off their hands. :yes:

edit: And then Cleveland found some sucker team to take Hughes.

edit2: And somehow, Seattle found a sucker to take Wally.

wow...

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
isiah thomas brokered that deal.

only he could make a trade in which 11 players change teams and not a single thing is accomplished, other than one awful contract being traded for another.

ponderous.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the sonics don't matter in this deal... all they're doing is dropping salary.

wally's an egomaniac who's worn out his welcome everywhere he's been. and if you've ever actually had any contact with the man, you'd understand instantly why he gets traded often. his sister's hot though, so i suppose that's a plus.

larry hughes contract is still 12+ million per, making him untradable except for another awful contract, and his game is very similar to that of ben gordon's. and thabo sefolosha is now bound to see less time.

drew gooden sucks.

anderson varejo is already better than ben wallace and younger and cheaper. but varejo's a terrible offensive player in his own right. now you're gonna put wallace and varejo on the court together? ya think wally's gonna get open shots? why would anybody come off of wally to double when you have two offensive bummity bum bum bummaroonies on the court to pick and choose from?

if getting tyrus thomas and joakim noah more playing time works for you, then hey... :hi5: enjoy.

overall this was nothing more than a lot of mediocre players at high prices changing uniforms.

:hi5:

East:
Celts over Cavs
Pistons over Magic

Pistons over Celts

West:
Lakers over Jazz
Suns over Mavericks

Lakers over Suns

Finals:
Pistons over Lakers

East:

C's over Hawks
Pistons over Sixers
Magic over Raps
Wizz over Prince James

C's over Wizz
Magic over Pistons

C's over Magic

West:

Lakers over Nuggets
Hornets over Mavs
Suns over Spurs
Jazz over Rockettes

Lakers over Jazz
Suns over Hornets

Suns over Lakers

Finals - C's 4, Suns 2

tpsreports2424 said:

Ill never forget when in the beginning of the season sir charles said knicks have a chance to the playoffs...

Stephen A also liked the Knicks and hailed a new era (this was on draft night)...he also killed Danny Ainge for the Ray Allen deal, said it set them back years, and questioned if Danny knew what he was doing.

Stephen A Smith, pure genius.

I'm glad someone thinks the Magic can beat the Pistons. I love them, but they don't have any good big men other than Dwight to put up against Ratliff, McDyess, Wallace, or Maxiell, unless you count Adonal Foyle or if Marcin Gortat makes the playoff roster. The Pistons are too complete of a team, but they could get too complacent and let the Magic steal a game or two in Detroit. It could go either way, but more likely their way.

East:
Celts over Hawks (in 4)
Pistons over Sixers (in 6)
Magic over Raptors (in 6)
Wizards over Cavs (in 7)

Pistons over Magic (in 6)
Celts over Wizards (in 6)

Celts over Pistons (in 7)

West:
Lakers over Nuggets (in 6)
Hornets over Mavs (in 7)
Suns over Spurs (in 7)
Jazz over Rockets (in 6)

Lakers over Jazz (in 7)
Suns over Hornets (in 7)

Suns over Lakers (in 6)

---

Celts over Suns (in 6)

Then again, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Quite frankly, if you think Zach Randolph can bring the Knickerbockers to the promised land, you're an idiot.

Screwtape2 said:

Personally I think he will be a great source of scoring but I don't think he'll help a team with it comes to assists and rebounds. Maybe a good bench player but he'll hurt a team if he's in the starting lineup.

maybe a good bench player? you're nuts.

the only thing that you have to worry about with beasley is his motor. does he have the motivation. some people think no, one guy i'm friends with who's a d1 assistant told me that people actually think he's bored because he's so much better than everyone else, which won't be the case in the nba obviously.

if he has the motor, the guy's gonna be an absolute stud. he's clearly more talented and nba ready than kevin durant. if it's true that he gets bored when going against inferior talent? then he's going to be a beast in the nba. if he simply has a bad motor? he's still gonna be very good in the nba, much better than just a bench player, just not the top 10 player that he has the talent to be.

rose and beasley are the clear 1/2 picks in the draft, and it's a decent drop off from there.

Last edited:
i'm kind of surprised that most "experts" are picking the wiz over the cavs.

imo, as long as lebron is on the court, the cavs can compete with any team. i think he proved that last year when he took a team that had little talent to the finals.

i guess we'll find out soon enough.

good luck to everyone's team on what looks like an awesome couple months of nba basketball!

Are the knicks still paying Larry Brown? Maybe he'll come back and actually work for the money they are paying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom