NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:

I think LeBron is the best current illustration of what you're saying. He took a team of crap all the way to the Finals last year.

In the east...

I'm a big KG fan, but it is true. He hasn't taken his team where he should have.

Still, Lakers vs T-Wolves in 2004 was a great series. And they did beat a pretty good Sacramento team to get to the Western Conference Finals.

Got Philk? said:

In the east...

I'm a big KG fan, but it is true. He hasn't taken his team where he should have.

Still, Lakers vs T-Wolves in 2004 was a great series. And they did beat a pretty good Sacramento team to get to the Western Conference Finals.

I remember watching that Kings-Wolves series. Game 7 was intense.

Got Philk? said:

In the east...

That's true. I want KG to win, I love the guy. He just has a lot to prove, to me. McGrady has even more to prove.

No spoken words said:

That's true. I want KG to win, I love the guy. He just has a lot to prove, to me. McGrady has even more to prove.

Agreed. T-Mac wins in the competition for most to prove. :D

That T-Wolves vs Kings series was awesome. And I remember the T-Wolves vs the Lakers being quite chippy as well.

the problem is that in the nba today guys are labeled as superstars and get paid as such before they've ever done anything. tracy mcgrady is a perfect example of this.

he's the best player on his team and he's never lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs, and has had some chokes along the way to boot. his reputation precedes him, and he's a vastly over-rated player.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the problem is that in the nba today guys are labeled as superstars and get paid as such before they've ever done anything. tracy mcgrady is a perfect example of this.

he's the best player on his team and he's never lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs, and has had some chokes along the way to boot. his reputation precedes him, and he's a vastly over-rated player.

:yes:

Got Philk? said:
It started with those types of ideas. Potential began to trump actual skill. See Chicago Bulls and Tyson Chandler/Eddy Curry...or Kwame Brown.

Or in our situation here, T-Mac.

So what does that make C-Webb, a guy who had Bibby and some decent guys like Paja and still never won?

C-Webb will always be the guy who called the timeout he didn't have and cost the Fab Five a shot at the NCAA title...and nothing more.

It's being reported that the Knicks(Read: Dolan) are talking to Kiki Vandeweghe about him taking over for Isiah as GM but Isiah staying as head coach.

Which would basically be a demotion for Isiah.

Well, I still wouldn't want Isiah on the sideline, but at least Kiki would be an improvement as GM. And a good GM is what the Knicks need. They're really, really not at the point where it matters who's coaching.

Hewson said:
C-Webb will always be the guy who called the timeout he didn't have and cost the Fab Five a shot at the NCAA title...and nothing more.

Well, according to the NCAA, Michigan never played in the 1992 and 1993 NCAA tournaments; Duke and North Carolina won the respective championship games unopposed.

I love the bad blood brewing between the Celts and Cavs. Could make for a good playoff series, one of the few you'll get to see in the East.

I'm hoping the Pistons & Cavs finish 2-3 and kick the snot out of each other, frankly. While I'm not wild about facing the Magic in the 2nd round it beats dealing with the Cavs...

I like the PJ Brown signing :up:

namkcuR said:
They're really, really not at the point where it matters who's coaching.

when the guy who's coaching is named isiah thomas, yea... it does matter who's coaching.

any GM who agrees to take the job with isiah staying on as head coach is already a puppet and will acomplish nothing, which only goes once again to prove that the real problem isn't isiah at all, but the inept owner who allows him to stay.

CTU2fan said:
I'm hoping the Pistons & Cavs finish 2-3 and kick the snot out of each other, frankly. While I'm not wild about facing the Magic in the 2nd round it beats dealing with the Cavs...

I like the PJ Brown signing :up:

The Magic do match up well with the Celts. The games between them this year have been wildly entertaining.

LemonMacPhisto said:

The Magic do match up well with the Celts. The games between them this year have been wildly entertaining.

Yeah they really have. I'd expect a 7 game series and it could go either way.

Pretty impressive performance by Kobe yesterday. Not sure what's going on with JKidd though, I really expected him to excel down there but I saw a lot of him trying to take people 1 on 1 and not much distribution.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

is doing something you should have done 2+ years ago really doing something right?

Probably not. If it's not, then neither is doing something you should have done 2+ years ago and then promptly undoing not even two days after doing it:

March 3, 2008 - 5:28 pm
The New York Post -
Isiah Thomas told the New York Post on Monday morning that guard Stephon Marbury's ban from Madison Square Garden has been lifted.

Marbury will be in New York to watch his teammates take on the New Orleans Hornets on Monday night.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom