NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to do with the luxury tax, which would probably still be expensive even after not having to pay Finley's contract anymore.

Im pissed why in the hell cant kobe just stop being a pussy cuz his pinky is hurting him and play through a stupid 3 point shoot out. Let alone he already has to play in the All Star game..

this sucks

You know...the selection for contestants for the three-point shootout used to be a LOT better. They put guys who are sort of, 'ok' at 3 point shooting in the shootout and it makes for an ugly competition. I remember back in the day when you'd see Craig Hodges(who won three of them in a row) and Mark Price(who won one or two) and Larry Bird going at it, going on these incredible streaks, like, sometimes going three or four racks in a row without missing.

The shootout is a much uglier affair these days.

Anybody watch the rookie challenge? Gibson was on fire.

tpsreports2424 said:
Im pissed why in the hell cant kobe just stop being a pussy cuz his pinky is hurting him and play through a stupid 3 point shoot out. Let alone he already has to play in the All Star game..

this sucks

I wish you were my professor. I'd like your exams. :)

Because Kobe wants to finish the season and hopes that a rest will help heal his ailing finger. He knows the team needs him for the rest of the year, so he does not want to further aggrivate his injury and jeopardize his teams chances of making and succeeding in the NBA Playoffs.

Now, have you ever torn a ligament in your body? I have, in my ankle. Mine hurt, so I imagine his pinky hurts. I don't think he's a pussy. I think he is in pain. If you want to see Kobe longer than just the regular season, you should be happy he is thinking about his team, not himself. :D

Got Philk? said:

I wish you were my professor. I'd like your exams. :)

Because Kobe wants to finish the season and hopes that a rest will help heal his ailing finger. He knows the team needs him for the rest of the year, so he does not want to further aggrivate his injury and jeopardize his teams chances of making and succeeding in the NBA Playoffs.

Now, have you ever torn a ligament in your body? I have, in my ankle. Mine hurt, so I imagine his pinky hurts. I don't think he's a pussy. I think he is in pain. If you want to see Kobe longer than just the regular season, you should be happy he is thinking about his team, not himself. :D

I too have torn a ligament in my pinky. He's a girl.:wink:

i would imagine excrutiating pain everytime you did something with your hands, i.e. catch a basketball, might be a reason to sit out a few games.

there are tons of guys who milk injuries for more than they're worth... coughcoughvincecartershaqcoughcough... kobe has never been one of those guys, as far as i can tell.

Jason Kapono is the only one that deserved to be in this three-point competition tonight. He's the only one that shot the ball like he deserved to be there. He's the only one that reminded me of Craig Hodges, Larry Bird, Jeff Hornacek, Mark Price, Reggie Miller, Steve Kerr.

We don't have shooters like that anymore.

namkcuR said:
Jason Kapono is the only one that deserved to be in this three-point competition tonight. He's the only one that shot the ball like he deserved to be there. He's the only one that reminded me of Craig Hodges, Larry Bird, Jeff Hornacek, Mark Price, Reggie Miller, Steve Kerr.

We don't have shooters like that anymore.

just seeing craig hodges' name in there makes me cringe a little.

that said one would think mike miller, j.j. redick & ray allen being in this could made this a little more interesting.

as great as magic johnson was as a player, reverse that and that's how god awful he is as an analyst.

dwight howard's superman dunk is a tad over-rated. he didn't even actually dunk the ball, he just threw it into the rim. athleticly unbelievable but it wasn't really a dunk. the toss-tip-dunk and the off the back of the backboard dunk were better.

mike bibby must be pissed devan george doesn't play for the kings.

dr. j just stopped talking 5 minutes ago.

there are plenty of guys out there who shoot like craig hodges. he was a mediocre player who just happened to be able to shoot the lights out. he stuck out like a sore thumb in your list. even steve kerr was a much better player than hodges.

what the 3 point contest is missing is starpower that can actually shoot. there are plenty of second tier and lower guys who can light it up (albeit nash can certainly light it up, he just had a very bad night... such is life).

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
there are plenty of guys out there who shoot like craig hodges. he was a mediocre player who just happened to be able to shoot the lights out. he stuck out like a sore thumb in your list. even steve kerr was a much better player than hodges.

what the 3 point contest is missing is starpower that can actually shoot. there are plenty of second tier and lower guys who can light it up (albeit nash can certainly light it up, he just had a very bad night... such is life).

Yes, but Hodges set the record for the highest ever score in the three point shootout - which was tied last night by Kapono, but not broken.

He has to be included just for that. And the man three shootout titles in a row. Yeah, he was a crappy player otherwise, but you have to respect what he accomplished at the shootout.

namkcuR said:

Yes, but Hodges set the record for the highest ever score in the three point shootout - which was tied last night by Kapono, but not broken.

He has to be included just for that. And the man three shootout titles in a row. Yeah, he was a crappy player otherwise, but you have to respect what he accomplished at the shootout.

i'm not saying i don't i'm just saying there are plenty of guys out there who would never get an invite by the nba who are equally good shooters, j.j. redick for one.

the problem is that larry bird ain't walkin' through that door.

I also think it's just a much weaker decade for shooting overall than that 80s and 90s were.

The 1984 all star game just finished on ESPN Classic.

The 1993 all star game just started. :drool:

NBA On NBC :drool:

Shooting is in the toilet. A lot of the good shooters are just one-dimensional now. Headache mentioned Larry and that one's obvious, but I'd settle for Reggie Miller-level stardom and we don't even have that. It's Ray Allen and that's about it.

Re: the dunking, I liked Howard's dunk when he bounced it off the back of the backboard better. Also the Green cupcake dunk was pretty wild.

Wait...I don't understand, is KVH actually going to play for the Nets? It says he has to pass their physical...but I thought the idea was they'd waive him immediatly so he could stay in retirement and collect a free check, and the Nets could have the expiring contract. But the article makes it seem like he might actually play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom