NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:
You know what the amazing thing concerning Wallace is? The Bulls' coaching staff has and continues to run actual offense plays FOR Wallace. Pick and rolls. I'm not kidding.

Watching him try and play one-on-one with Dwight Howard was hilarious.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

zero offensive ability

Probably in the negatives actually.

And yes, the Bulls right now are worse than the Knicks. As messed up as the Knicks seem to be, some of them at least try hard.

Doesn't it seem like the Bulls have forgotten one of the major factors in how they won games? Defense? Don't get me wrong, I know and understand that Ben Gordon will never play defense. But isn't that what Wallace was brought in for? T

I had floor seats for the Magic/Pistons game and it was incredible. My dad and I were yelling at refs, who were actually pretty cool, and definitely yelled at Tayshaun Prince and Rasheed Wallace a lot.

Tayshaun is now Cro-Magnum Man.

he was playing with indiana at the time, and the pacers were playing the celtics at Fleet Center (i was in school, got 10 dollar tickets with some teammates and snuck down to the second row... high quality security at the Banknorth/Feet back in the day).

anyhoo... he was doing a lot of yapping to the refs, so i just blurted out in my arnold schwarzenegger voice "hey jalen... stop whinning" to which he turned and responded "man i ain't never whine about shit" while nodding his head and grinning as he back peddled down the court.

good times, good times.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
he was playing with indiana at the time, and the pacers were playing the celtics at Fleet Center (i was in school, got 10 dollar tickets with some teammates and snuck down to the second row... high quality security at the Banknorth/Feet back in the day).

anyhoo... he was doing a lot of yapping to the refs, so i just blurted out in my arnold schwarzenegger voice "hey jalen... stop whinning" to which he turned and responded "man i ain't never whine about shit" while nodding his head and grinning as he back peddled down the court.

good times, good times.
Gotta love when you get a reaction out of a player. When the baseball strike was settled in April of 1995, the season tix holders had turned their April seats back in, and the few April games left (4) were sold to the public for half price, me and 4 friends got seats for the 4th game at Fenway vs the White Sox, just behind 3rd base/the visitor's dugout. Robin Ventura had made an error in each of the ChiSox' first 3 games, so my buddy Harry and I started calling him "Ace" and pleading with him to make it 4 games in a row. Others in the section joined in, and sure enough Ace made an error, the crowd in the section went wild, Ace hung his head in shame. I also made a humorous comment to reliever James Baldwin as he came off the field after a rough inning (I can't remember the exact comment) and he laughed as he headed down the dugout steps.

Another time many years ago, sat in lower bleachers for a game against the Orioles, a reliever named Williamson was warming up. My buddy, many beers in went to the fence at the bullpen and said, "Hey Wiliiamson, my grandmother throws harder than you"...Williamson turned and replied, "oh yeah, how come your grandmother isn't a major leaguer?"
My friend had no come back and he hung his head in shame...pwned by a journeyman reliever...the rest of us had a good laugh at his expense.

Good times indeed.

Tis classic, I think it might be Headache's alter ego:
BekaDeven Jan 22, 2008 8:18:37 AM Report Offensive Post
What a heartbreaker! Still we've won 4 out of our last 6. I'm just thankful that our version of Martin Luthor King, Jr., Isiah is still around despite all of the negativity and back biting. Like MLK, Isiah has been misunderstood, wrongfully accused, and denigrated by "true" fans. Real Knick fans know that he's the best. He's got this team on the upswing and they'll make the playoffs. I too have a dream --- that Isiah will be appreciated for what he is --- a winner who will survive the unjust persecution that he goes through everyday and keep working hard to lead our Knicks to the promised land. It's coming, true fans know that

I was working on my Tayshaun Prince Whineface, which looks like someone in handcuffs sucking on a lemon.

It's quite a sight.

Did Q Richardson eat Charles Barkley? I watched the Knicks/Celts on Monday and it looked like there were 2 Q's in those shorts...geez.

Now he'll never get Moesha back :(

Of course the T'wolves have been hot this week, a win at GS, a win against PHX and now a near win in Boston.

A win is a win. 34-7 at the halfway point looks good to me.

I'm glad the Magic were able to win home games against the two best teams in the East, but they've still got a ways to go to even be considered a real contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom