NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:09 AM
Marbury has dirt on Isiah harassing a former employee, Anucha Browne Sanders, and he's prepared to go public with it if he needs to.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:09 PM
^ Does he really? Shit, I missed that

Starbury is a clown.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #138
Blue Crack Distributor

isiah was in the SUV with marbury, tag teaming the intern

apparently isiah polled the team on wether or not marbury should be allowed to come back and play. the team voted unanimously against him playing. isiah played him anyway... 35 minutes.

i hate life.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The Bulls had a 19 point lead with 3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Then, they didn't score for 3 minutes and let Tim Thomas look good, and now it's only 11 points.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 AM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

But then we won by 20
Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 AM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
isiah was in the SUV with marbury, tag teaming the intern

apparently isiah polled the team on wether or not marbury should be allowed to come back and play. the team voted unanimously against him playing. isiah played him anyway... 35 minutes.

i hate life.
Take heart, the Knicks right now...that was the Patriots during the Victor Kiam era. A joke on the field, and worse off it. The only way to go is up.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

meh... at least you had robert kraft waiting in the wings. the knicks have no hope, 'cause dolan will never sell the team. the knicks represent 1% of cablevision's assets. it's like his personal little toy.

we're going on 7 straight seasons under .500. but on the bright side, with records that bad we should have a bevy of young talent on the team!

oh wait...

it's been 8 straight seasons without a playoff win.

knick fans pine for the 90's... which in reality was a decade of failure. but i'd give anything to play second fiddle to jordan and olajuwon again. anything is better than this.

the knicks are on their 35th season without a championship. only three non expansion teams have gone longer without a title... the hawks (1958), kings (1951) and bucks (1971).

the suns, clippers, jazz, timberwolves, nuggets, mavericks, hornets, grizzlies, magic, bobcats, cavs and raptors all have zero championships, but all are expansion teams put into the league from 1965 on.

the pacers and nets both have zero NBA championships, but both won ABA championships since the last time the Knicks won.

it sucks to be a knick fan.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 AM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life

Your one hope is that Stern was serious when he told Dolan 'Either you take care of it or I will' concerning Isiah. Apparently Stern is tired of one of the biggest markets in the country having such a shitty team. He can't make Dolan sell the team, but he can certainly pressure Dolan to show Isiah the door. If that happens...Dolan will have another chance to name a new GM. Naming a GM is the only 'basketball' decision the Dolan ever has to make. If he could, for once, hire a GM who knows what he's doing, then he can just keep his hands off the team while that new GM runs things. But Isiah's gotta go. Hopefully Stern will make it happen.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:37 AM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It really is an embarrassment. Stern could probably make Isiah go away. I wonder if he can put any pressure on Dolan to get his shit together...I'm guessing Dolan would have to be involved in something outright illegal, rather than simply incompetent, for Stern to do anything.

And with all the attention the Celts are getting, the Magic look like a pretty good squad. The C's couldn't do much with Howard last night except hack him and watch him miss free throws.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #145
Blue Crack Distributor

stern forced the cavs to change their inept ways in the early 80s. he can't do it with the knicks... dolan is too powerful. cablevision brings in 5 billion dollars annualy. madison square garden is just a toy for him to play with. besides the knicks dolan owns the rangers, the liberty, the garden it's self, the hartford civic center, rentschler field, the hartford wolf pack, radio city music hall, god, jesus, budah and vishnu.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #146
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Scott Layden never knew what hit him four years ago when Madison Square Garden president Steve Mills, working behind the scenes for weeks to find Layden's successor, informed the Knicks president that he was being fired.

Isiah Thomas inherited Layden's job and would be wise to remember that he, too, could vanish at any moment. Thomas' future with the Knicks has been on shaky ground since the day he was found liable in the Anucha Browne Sanders sexual harassment case, and that shakiness has been accelerated in recent days by the Knicks' losing record - they lost their sixth straight game last night in Denver - and the Stephon Marbury fiasco.

Thomas could go at any moment. But the bigger questions are who replaces Thomas and who does the hiring? According to several league sources, the NBA is hoping to have some influence on Garden chairman James Dolan, and perhaps even Cablevision founder Charles Dolan, regarding such important matters.

If the league is involved, the NBA would push several big name candidates in James Dolan's direction. The most obvious are Jerry Colangelo and Jerry West. Also, Kiki Vandeweghe and Colangelo's son, Bryan, who is currently running the Toronto Raptors, shouldn't be ruled out.
:Pray:
Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #147
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
And with all the attention the Celts are getting, the Magic look like a pretty good squad. The C's couldn't do much with Howard last night except hack him and watch him miss free throws.
He'd been doing better this season with free throw shooting, but the goon squad of Scot Pollard-Kedrick Perkins-Brian Scalabrine pounding him down low got him all fired up and unfocused. It was probably the first time I had seen Dwight get a technical.

This could be the first Magic team I've watched that isn't completely mediocre or terrible (too young for the Shaq-Penny days) and Stan Van Gundy is the first great coach they've had (the one year of Chuck Daly doesn't count).
Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

He'd been doing better this season with free throw shooting, but the goon squad of Scot Pollard-Kedrick Perkins-Brian Scalabrine pounding him down low got him all fired up and unfocused. It was probably the first time I had seen Dwight get a technical.

This could be the first Magic team I've watched that isn't completely mediocre or terrible (too young for the Shaq-Penny days) and Stan Van Gundy is the first great coach they've had (the one year of Chuck Daly doesn't count).
I really think they've got something good going down here. And yeah, the C's big guys were really pounding Howard; I'm sure the plan was just a variation on the old hack-a-Shaq, though as you say it's rare to see him lose focus like that.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
stern forced the cavs to change their inept ways in the early 80s. he can't do it with the knicks... dolan is too powerful. cablevision brings in 5 billion dollars annualy. madison square garden is just a toy for him to play with. besides the knicks dolan owns the rangers, the liberty, the garden it's self, the hartford civic center, rentschler field, the hartford wolf pack, radio city music hall, god, jesus, budah and vishnu.
Didn't know Dolan owned Rentschler...the other CT stuff I did know about. I think he was in the bidding for the Red Sox also, when John Henry et al bought the club...what a clusterfuck that would have been. Actually that might have been the other Dolan...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #150
Blue Crack Distributor

he's the only dolan... chuck dolan is his dad, the CEO of cablevision. it's all related... and yes, they did try to buy the red sox. they've also tried to buy the yankees and mets at one point or another, among other teams, primarily to own the lucrative TV rights to those franchises.

Tags
basketball, nba