NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
128px6.gif

Wow, Bulls are now down 3-2. What a shame that they remembered how to play basketball, in my opinion, a tad too late... but. hey, they have Andres Nocioni, so go Bulls!!!!

Jazz in the finals... :rolleyes: Do you guys think they stand a chance vs. either the Spurs or the Suns?

And, BTW, I will take you guys up on the 2 on 2... I am 6'4, so all I need is Diamond to hand me the ball to dunk it all over your face... :D

Headache in a Suitcase said:
oh and to the db9 jeep eagle 2 on 2 shitacular... anywhere, anytime

Well the world already knows i beat you once , mano y mano, as you lost by forfeit, by not showing up for a little BB while I was in manhatten this past Christmas.

U had some event w UF while i was there, being Tony's towel boy or something, i dunno, my memory is hazy.When do you want round 2?:wink:

Anyway, i think the Suns will dig deep and beat the Spurs.
I prefer Utah playing Phx in the finals.

And I would love to see Chicago stun Detroit by stealing it back from them esp in a game 7, sort of like the Jazz did against Houston.

Yes and I will take NYCU2 as my partner unless he gives me lip about the Omnipotent Jazz causing me to slap him.

dbs

diamond said:
Anyway, i think the Suns will dig deep and beat the Spurs.
I prefer Utah playing Phx in the finals.

diamond said:

My question is who would be an easier match for the Jazz?

The Spurs or Suns?

I'm thinking the Spurs.

smielephantiy2.gif

i changed my thinking as i watched the series progress and scouted out both these teams.

i think that the jazz have a 51.7787 chance of beating Suns.
i think against the rockets the Jazz have a 51.3490387 chance of winning the conference finals predicated on the alignment of certain planets in our solar system.

are we clear hueson?

dbs
:wink:

Yeah, I don't understand why people are counting the Suns out now. The suspension decision was absolutely awful, but the Suns have a deep team. They're still going out there for Game 5 with Nash(the most important guy on the team), Marion, Barbosa, Raja Bell, and James Jones. That's not nearly as good as a team with Amare, but it's not bad either. Nash is as good as anyone not named Kidd at running an offense in the NBA, Nash and Marion can both put up 20-30+ points, Barbosa can score in bunches and provide a spark, Bell is good as well. They could even give Jalen Rose some PT - he can score. And they will be playing on their own floor with their own crowd behind them. Provided they play some merely decent defense, they can win this game. As long as they don't let Duncan have one of his 35/15 games, they can win.

If the game were being played in SA, I'd understand why everybody is counting them out, but they are playing in Phoenix. They get the momentum going early, they can win the game.

Last edited:
I expect the Suns to throw those doubles at Duncan most of the game.

I bet James Jones will step up this game, he's way past due.

That was one of the ugliest playoff games I have seen... but still exciting.

And "Manflop" Ginobili ruled... 26 points and 10 rebounds.

Go Spurs! One more to go! :up:

Game 6 between the Spurs and Suns might be the only NBA game in history that I want Dick Bavetta to officiate.

balky bartakanobli finally had a good game in the playoffs... rather a good second half.

suns just didn't have enough gas left in the tank to close 'em out after the hot start early. when you're playing a 7 man rotation (and one pat burke) it's tough to go 48 minutes. they still had their chances down the stretch, which doesn't exactly bode well for the spurs... with the suns down 2 key players san antonio should have stomped them.

game 6 should be interesting... i just hope we get to see a game 7.

it's a shame the suns subconsciously talked themselves out of a win last night.

they have to take game 6.

dbs

i missed a large portion of the third quarter 'cause i fell asleep, and this was after i took a nap during the horrid new jersey/cleveland game just so that i could attempt to stay up for the end of the game.

the only way i can make it through one of these late games is if i go to a bar or something... otherwise i have no shot.

there's absolutely no reason why they can't start the eastern conference game at 7:30 so that they can at least get the western conference game started by 9:30/10ish. at least give it a chance to be over by midnight.

and while we're on the subject... what the hell happened to the sunday double (and sometimes triple) header? when did this one game in the afternoon the second game at 9:30 bullshit start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom