NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a novel idea....Lebron takes some shots in the 4th quarter. And, whoa, Cavs win, too. Go figure.

And, yes, James' dunk on Rasheed was nice all-around.

it's all been ugly ever since game 5 of the phoenix/san antonio series. the robert horry bodycheck fiasco combined with dallas' complete choke job in the first round did a number on what was setting up to be a very entertaining playoffs, to the point where the most entertaining aspect of the conference finals thus far has been the draft lottery.

gotta love the added side effect of the european/south american invasion into the nba... the soccer/futbol style flopping is so rampant in the nba now that it's getting ridiculous.

utah has a nice young team... they're one scorer (preferably a 2) short of being a serious contender. lucky for them finding a 2/3 who can score isn't as difficult as finding, say, a low post presence who can score... question is finding the piece that fits. vince carter comes to mind but he doesn't neccesarily fit sloan's style of play... and tends to turn into a giant pansy ass come playoff time. the combo of derek fisher and gordan giricek just isn't the answer... they're both nice pieces to the all around puzzle, but they're not starters on a championship team (unless you have shaq and kobe to go with 'em)

well thx for your kind words.
yes s/a is a more mature, focused and disciplined team than ut.

i reeeeally want the spurs to handle detroit.
i have an obnoxious detroit co worker fan who i cannot slap, but a spurs championship over the pistins will have to do.

dbs

Headache in a Suitcase said:
utah has a nice young team... they're one scorer (preferably a 2) short of being a serious contender. lucky for them finding a 2/3 who can score isn't as difficult as finding, say, a low post presence who can score... question is finding the piece that fits. vince carter comes to mind but he doesn't neccesarily fit sloan's style of play... and tends to turn into a giant pansy ass come playoff time. the combo of derek fisher and gordan giricek just isn't the answer... they're both nice pieces to the all around puzzle, but they're not starters on a championship team (unless you have shaq and kobe to go with 'em)

Golden State will probably look to move Jason Richardson this summer from what I've read, he might be a good fit.

U2ME3,

You need to slap your Cavs around a bit.
They played about as manly as a bunch of 11 yr old girl scouts the last 2 minutes of that game.:wink:

They were lucky to pull off a win.

dbs

Kudos to the Cavs for making this a series.

You know what I enjoy? Watching guys like Sasha Pavlovic in the 4th Qtr of games. Guys that want NOTHING to do with shooting the ball in the clutch. Keep an eye on him next game in the 4th. He'll pass up open jumpers, drive and dish for no reason, etc. Whne I lived in NY, I had a lot of Knick fan friends that used to rip on John Starks, and they had some valid points...but at least that dude had guts and was not afraid to shoot when it mattered...too many players are just like Pavlovic.

who was the white guy on Clevland that was afraid of his own shadow and was putting up bricks?

man that guy is sorry.

dbs

No spoken words said:
Kudos to the Cavs for making this a series.

You know what I enjoy? Watching guys like Sasha Pavlovic in the 4th Qtr of games. Guys that want NOTHING to do with shooting the ball in the clutch. Keep an eye on him next game in the 4th. He'll pass up open jumpers, drive and dish for no reason, etc. Whne I lived in NY, I had a lot of Knick fan friends that used to rip on John Starks, and they had some valid points...but at least that dude had guts and was not afraid to shoot when it mattered...too many players are just like Pavlovic.

there were of course those moments where you wish starks woudla put up a few less shots...

diamond said:
who was the white guy on Clevland that was afraid of his own shadow and was putting up bricks?

man that guy is sorry.

dbs

Is Zydrunas Ilgauskas the fellow I'm talking about?

dbs

The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

darth stern needs to send his minions out to dr. buss' palacial beverly hills estate and cooerce him into trading kobe to either the knicks or the celtics, for the good of the NBA.

there are enough good teams in the west to survive a few years of the lakers being crappy... the east will continue to flounder as long as the knicks and celtics are run by bafoons.

Last edited:
darth stern needs to send his minions out to dr. buss' palacial beverly hills estate and cooerce him into trading kobe to either the knicks or the celtics, for the good of the NBA.

Perhaps darth was wining and dining (and wining and wining some more) Dr. Buss Monday night:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886160&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Buss also booked for driving with BAC of 0.08 or higher
Associated Press

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss was arrested early Tuesday for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol.

The 74-year-old Buss was taken into custody shortly before 1 a.m. after he drove his gold Mercedes-Benz station wagon the wrong way on a street in an unincorporated section of Carlsbad that has double yellow lines, California Highway Patrol officer Tom Kerns said.

"Although I was driving only a short distance, it was a bad decision and I was wrong to do it," Buss said in a statement issued by the Lakers. "It was a mistake I will not make again."

A 23-year-old woman in the vehicle with Buss wasn't arrested, Kerns said.

He said Buss was "relatively cooperative" when placed under arrest and was booked into the Vista jail for investigation of drunken driving and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or above.

Buss was released around 10:30 a.m., according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department Web site. Kerns said the final results of Buss' blood alcohol test won't be available for about three weeks.

Highway Patrol officers Sal Gutierrez and Julie Cahill administered field sobriety tests using an alcohol screening device, Kerns said.

Lakers spokesman John Black said Buss was in the Carlsbad vicinity because he has a home in north San Diego County. Buss' primary residence is in the Los Angeles suburb of Playa del Rey.

The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

This is what I hear...:scream: or WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. I guess he just couldn't make the Lakers his team like he wanted to after Shaq left. Poor baby.

I know this is only one side of the story...Who could make Kwame Brown good yada yada. I am just sick of these high paid players getting whatever they want. Baron Davis cries and gets traded. Vince Carter...waaaaaah and gets traded. I hope he gets stuck in LA and i hope they trade anyone with talent. Poor Poor Kobe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom