NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B0000YTPES.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Oden
Randolph

Roy

Aldridge on bench

Portland ought to consider trading Randolph for a 3 or a 1, because with Oden in the middle, Aldridge will be fine at the 4.

Portland's got a real chance to be real good.

Atlanta is at a position to at least get Mike Conley or Acie Law at the 10th pick and Al Horford (too undersized for them) or stupidly Joakim Noah at the 3rd.

Phoenix still has 2 lower end No. 1 picks, I expect them to move up to the mid-round.

Congrats to the Sonics and Blazers, too, especially the Sonics.

An Allen-Lewis-Durant combo would kick too much ass.

Last edited:
As a Bulls fan, I certainly wasn't expecting anything other than the #9 that we became resigned to months ago. Damn Knicks having to pick this season to actually be slightly mediocre.

However, I take solace in the fact that the Bulls weren't totally depending on this pick to save the franchise unlike some other franchises *cough*celtics*cough*. We can still get a quality player at #9 to add to the team. Or #9 could be part of a profitable trade package.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Atlanta is at a position to at least get Mike Conley or Acie Law at the 10th pick and Holford or stupidly Joakim Noah at the 3rd.

Phoenix still has 2 lower end No. 1 picks, I expect them to move up to the mid-round.

Congrats to the Sonics and Blazers, too, especially the Sonics.

An Allen-Lewis-Durant combo would kick too much ass.

lewis will be traded now

and whoever atlanta picks will suck. they could have won, and oden would suck. the franchise is cursed.

What makes this even worse is that the Blazers got Brandon Roy while the C's got Telfair and his gun.

Now Oden.

I think Paul Allen should go spit on Red's grave just to finish things off.

You had the Russel/Cousy/Havlicek/etc years followed by the brief Cowens years followed (after a fairly brief break) by the Bird/McHale/Parish years. After practically 30 straight years of being seriously competitive, the C's were due to have a decade or two of bad luck to even things out.

namkcuR said:
You had the Russel/Cousy/Havlicek/etc years followed by the brief Cowens years followed (after a fairly brief break) by the Bird/McHale/Parish years. After practically 30 straight years of being seriously competitive, the C's were due to have a decade or two of bad luck to even things out.

I don't believe in those types of scenarios. If that were the case, the Lakers would suck just as bad, too.

To be clearer, I don't believe that luck should be involved. I don't believe in the lottery. Never have, never will. The worst team deserves the highest pick, whether they tanked or not. Teams tank all the time, anyway.

Last edited:
phanan said:

While I would have been happier with the result, I've said all along that I don't like it. See my post from this afternoon.

Alright, I see what you're saying now. Yeah, I agree that the rule should be changed and Stern hinted to some sort of change in his interview during the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom