NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, i discovered today this little throw in from the marbury trade...

"Utah receives a 2007 New York first-round pick (top 24 protected in 2007, top 23 protected in 2008, top 22 protected in 2009 and unproteced in 2010) (Tom Gugliotta trade 021904) via Phoenix (Marbury trade) Phoenix receives a 2005 New York Knicks first-round pick. (010504 Marbury trade)."

so unless the knicks become a 50 win team (give or take) by the end of the 2009 season, they will yet again give away an unprotected draft pick.

Wow, so does the pick from the Eddy Curry trade counts as a 2006 or 2007 pick?

interesting.

speaking of interesting, looks like Mark Cuban's enjoying the off-season:

489116725_a2eab244d6.jpg

Last edited:
Say what you will, he's the best owner in sports and we north Texans are damn lucky to have him running the Mavs.

I only wish the owners of the Magic were as committed to the team as Cuban is to the Mavs.

I think that is Drexler.

It looks like Portland, with Mt. Hood in the background.

U2inUtah said:
I think that is Drexler.

It looks like Portland, with Mt. Hood in the background.
I think I see some hair way up on the crown and Clyde I believe is shaved, so I think its someone else.

Does anyone think the Suns will actually trade Shawn Marion this summer? I hope they don't, but he seems like the most expendable player at this point and has a massive contract.

Phoenix has the best shot of having a great draft this year. They potentially have 3 No. 1 picks if the Hawks pick pans out, they could easily use their two bottom 1st round picks to move up to the mid-round/lottery and pick up another guard, maybe Acie Law or my sleeper of the draft, Al Thornton.

They could also package Marion, Marcus Banks (a waste of cap) and the Hawks pick for someone like Rashard Lewis. I don't know.

phanan said:
Hopefully I'll be changing my tune tonight, but I'd just like to go on record and say the the NBA lottery system is a total joke.

i love it, i only wish it would go back to the straight ping pong ball system.

last team to miss the playoffs gets 1 ball, next team to miss gets 2, etc. etc.

it does two things... it keeps teams from tanking, and it actually provides an extra event that can provide a lot of drama.

the system the have now encourages tanking more than the previous system, and i think it'll be tweeked slightly going forward.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i love it, i only wish it would go back to the straight ping pong ball system.

last team to miss the playoffs gets 1 ball, next team to miss gets 2, etc. etc.

it does two things... it keeps teams from tanking, and it actually provides an extra event that can provide a lot of drama.

the system the have now encourages tanking more than the previous system, and i think it'll be tweeked slightly going forward.

There's tanking no matter what, let's face it. I don't see where it alleviates that at all.

And the draft itself is fine as the extra event. It's not the NFL draft, but it's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom