NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
speedracer said:

I briefly imagined him and Ron Artest getting into a fight. Not good times. Bad times.

I was thinking that carmelo would punch him out first, but donaghy wouldnt throw out anybody until a few minutes after the fight is over..

I know so much about the Donaghy case from talking to people down the Jersey Shore that I could write a book. The papers have missed so much, but all I'll say is that if the NBA is looking to clean out anyone who could've been involved, at least one other ref will lose his job.

I live in the suburbs of Philly, where Timmy lived until 2005, when he moved to Bradenton. He grew up in Drexel Hill, Pa., went to Cardinal O'Hara, I think class of 1983 or 84, then went to Villanova (though I heard stories about him possibly not getting in there legitimately!) and lived in West Chester, Pa. for several years, on a golf course in that town (there were some stories in the Delco Times about him on that golf course that show he's a nut).

There are four other refs all from this area who probably knew some of these guys. Do I think these guys were doing any wrongdoing? No. But the guilt by association angle could be there. The names that have been dropped in the paper for the most part have been harmless, but the thing I've been hearing are much more detailed and cast some suspicion.

I had written a much longer post, but I'm trying to be careful about what I'm writing. Too much of what I've heard is passed-down info, so I'm waiting to verify some things before I say too much. From what I know, the papers know very little about the names they are tossing out, and haven't seen connections that implicate more guilt. This thing is gonna be uglier.

No other refs have been investigated as far as I know. I just know that there are mutual friends between Donaghy and another ref.

I just hope we can keep the Sonics in Seattle. There's all this press today about one of the minority owners of the Oklahoma City group that bought the team last year commenting that they always meant to move the team in the first place. All the while they've been giving lip service to trying to work out an arena deal for the past year.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Eddie Griffen has died at 25.

His SUV collided with a freight train in fiery crash. His body was burned beyond recognition and it took four days for him to be identified via dental records.

Sad, sad, sad.

R.I.P.

Okay you're telling me that USA beat Venezuela (the guys who won the gold) 102-69, that they wont kill every other team?

Anyone else see lebron fly from the free-throw line?

You say tomato, I say tomato
You say Venzuela, I say Argentina

Its just semantics. They're both south of Mexico somehwere, so they must be the same.

Amare/Chandler
Carmelo/Howard
LeBron/Prince
Kobe/Redd/Miller
Kidd/Billups/Williams

That's the roster right now. Chandler has no place there. He needs to be dropped and another good big needs to be added before the team hits Beijing next year.

they're showing the replay on nbatv... the only difference i see between this team and the past few senior teams is that they're at least, for now, attempting to play a little more defense.

that said, venezuela is god awful

dwight howard is next to useless on the offensive end in the international game

most of the american's shots still come off of one-on-one and transition... there's very little ball movement. for example... lebron just dribbled the ball 40 times and tried to penetrate against a flat 3-2 zone.

the most cohesive unit on the floor i've seen was billups, miller, redd, prince and stoudamire... keep kobe and kidd, get lebron and carmello the fuck off this team. it's amazing how the international game exposes the complete lack in fundamental skill and basketball IQ of the "elite" american player.

'cause it's not the season and most people don't care enough to stay up late to watch the US play a bunch of guys who couldn't make the team at the local Y...

brazil is about the only team capable of beating the US in this tourney... argentina left most of their good players home because, after all, they're already qualified for the olympics and this is more or less meaningless to them.

if the US doesn't win this tourney they should fold the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom