NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal does make the C's legit contenders in the East (not saying much there), but they'll have no depth at all. Perkins, Powe, Big Baby, maybe Rondo or Gomes, and a couple other guys - yuck. It's amazing that the team has gone from so young to rather old in one offseason. I've got to believe that not getting Oden or Durant caused all of this. Danny saw his job security evaporating and needed to do something. This could work or it could really blow up in his face.

I think it's a good trade for the Celtics. It's a huge PR move and probably a good time to roll the dice in the East.

Losing Gomes will hurt the depth, but for me the other guys thrown in are non-factors. Green won't contribute much to a winning team anytime soon, and hasn't Boston given up on Telfair? Ainge will probably regret trading Delonte West....I think Rondo is a career backup. Maybe they go get Brevin Knight or something.

randhail said:
This trade reminds me of what the Cowboys got for Herschel Walker. How can Ainge honestly be considering this?

And what franchise did Herschel go to? Minnesota. It hurt the Vikings for YEARS. Bad move on their part.

I am a huge K.G. fan. I purchased Timberwolves season tickets shortly after they drafted him. I loved watching him those first few years. He has been such a great community figure in Minnesota. I feel this trade will hurt Minnesota much more than Boston. I hope I am wrong, but doubt it.

I will look forward to Boston coming to Indy next year (I actually suffered through a Celtics/Pacers game this year).

Jeeze, 1-7 trade:ohmy:

Well all I know is that the east just got way more better and the Celtics will be so sick this year...

Now, Kobe, where are you going now? I hate the fact that he wont talk about it because of the reason that he wants to focus on Team USA...

Ya know everyone was so excited for Kobe to come and then people are saying if we get him that will ruin building up a team that was building for a long time...

My answer to that is, everyone ever realize that hinrich and gordon arent even close to being on the level of kobe is playing at??

In the latest nasty injury blow for the Los Angeles Clippers, cornerstone forward Elton Brand ruptured his left Achilles tendon on Friday during his usual daily workout.

Holy shit, things can never go right for the Clippers can they?

i'd like to extend a welcome back to the NBA to the Boston Celtics. too bad you couldn't bring the knicks along.

i still think they gave up too much for ray allen (based only on my thought that jeff green is gonna be a stud), but it makes much more sense when you combine it when the garnett move.

I have to disagree,

Lebron without the cavs, well thats different.

The Celtics now, remind me of the pistons, and well you guys know what lebron did to the pistons in the eastern finals..

just saw kobe on kimmel..

BTW, not only did kobe avoid the question about being a laker, he didnt seem to happy when kimmel said that he would love to see kobe retire in a gold and purple uniform..

Reggie Miller is being pursued by the Celtics to come out of retirement and roll around the floor on his Rascal for 12-15 minutes a game.
In a related note, Spike Lee was seen climbing the Brooklyn Bridge and shouting "goodbye cruel world".

Hey, if Miller plays for the minimum, then what the hell. Let him come back and sink some 3 pointers for 15 minutes a game.

Perhaps they should bring in Karl Malone and Charles Barkley while they are at it. :lol:

Got Philk? said:
Hmm, I wonder if Pacman Jones is any good at basketball...they could sign him!

I briefly imagined him and Ron Artest getting into a fight. Not good times. Bad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom