NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes yes

the phenomenon of power naps and meditating w/our eyes shut are close cousins that some ladies misinterpret on occasion.

gently we must have patience to enlighten the other speices of the differences.

dbs

phanan said:
I wonder how much of the east coast is actually watching these games out west. I know I'm not. 10:30pm start time? Ridiculous.

I stayed up to watch the Suns-Spurs game. My rule is I can't go to sleep without seeing at least one playoff game.

I'd be an insomniac if I had to watch games like the Cavs-Nets game again.

You know you're in trouble when PJ Brown is your leading scorer on the night.

Wasn't he supposed to be trade bait? ahem...moving on to now. Isn't he supposed to be cap space? :sad:

Hey, Chicago this off season really should draft a guard. We seemed to have great post play in comparison to last year. (Note Sarcasm)

:sad:

Back from the game, ugh:(

Heinrich couldn't suck more, and it was the worst time to suck.

They should of played P.J in the 4th because he's the only guy who was on fire.

It was nice watching Rasheed cry...twice...

Got Philk? said:
You know you're in trouble when PJ Brown is your leading scorer on the night.

Wasn't he supposed to be trade bait? ahem...moving on to now. Isn't he supposed to be cap space? :sad:

Hey, Chicago this off season really should draft a guard. We seemed to have great post play in comparison to last year. (Note Sarcasm)

:sad:

but hey, look on the bright side... ty thomas didn't miss a shot :hyper:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

but hey, look on the bright side... ty thomas didn't miss a shot :hyper:
Unless you count free throws.

I don't know...something about mustering a robust 3 points as a team in the first 8 minutes of the 4th quarter just doesn't strike me as championship caliber.

the bulls will have approximately, depending on where the cap is set, 10 million dollars worth of cap room next year, before signing nocioni, plus the 5 million mid level exception.

ben wallace currently takes up 27% of the bulls cap room and kirk hinrich takes %... so almost half of their cap is taken up by two mediocre to above average players.

if you figure nocioni will demand around 5 million per on the open market, that leaves the bulls cap room at 5 million... you can't combine cap room w/ the exception, they are separate entities.

so in order to solve their problems with scoring in the post they need to work out a trade or get very lucky in the draft. they simply don't have enough cap room to sign the guy they need, unless they let nocioni walk and perhaps trade off another piece to a team that had cap room and can take on a player without needing to give equal value back.

needless to say... in order for the bulls to get that piece that can push them over the top, they will have to part with either deng or gordon, and/or find a sucker.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
and/or find a sucker.

isiah_thomas.jpg

(You had to know that was coming)

After these playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Gordon isn't the one that is used as bait.

He's a great player to have, don't get me wrong. His offense can be amazing. But it wasn't b/c of his foul trouble. And that was because he can't guard the bigger or stay with the quicker smaller guards. Top that with Sefelosha, being on the team, I'm fine with him being traded.

Do you think Duhon could run the point? Heinrich and Gordon could get something decent in the post. :)

Detroit in 6.
Spurs in 5.

Spurs in 6.

I definitely did not want to see these conference finals. In a perfect world I would've wanted:

Dallas-Phoenix
Cleveland-Miami

Highly unlikely for the Eastern side, but it would've atleast been entertaining.

I can't see either the Cavs or the Jazz lasting more than 6 games. Cleveland's only chance is if Hughes can consistently shoot a decent percentage from the floor, which seems rather unlikely at this point.

Got Philk? said:
Do not under-estimate the coaching smarts of one Jerry Sloan.

that's one's only hope, plus the jazz can slow it down and play muscle ball.

other than duncan i do not see the spurs as a strong team, and duncan is amazing esp when he is on.

the jazz do have a lot of heart.

i will be in church for game 1, so i will ask my friend to text me the scores thru each quarter.

dbs

Perhaps I lack imagination, but I can't really see Spurs Lite beating the Spurs here.

I'm a Jazz fan for the foreseeable future , and if that fails, either a Pistons or Cavs fan after that.

Anyone but the Spurs, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom