NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they want a vet on their team, plus he has an expiring contract. :shrug:

Maybe they could use him if they have to do a sign-and-trade with Gerald Wallace, if need be.

I'd rather they trade Telfair and his gun collection over West. I like West's game a lot more than Telfair's, but that's just me.

Still a great trade for both teams.

The Knicks, sources say, are trying to acquire Randolph in exchange for forward Channing Frye and guard Steve Francis, who has only two seasons left on his contract and has the option to become a free agent after next season. Randolph has four seasons left on his deal worth more than $61 million.

If Francis serves as the big Knicks contract in the deal, Portland would have to add at least one more player to the trade -- guard Dan Dickau is one possibility -- to make the salary-cap math work.

Where's Headache when you need him?

Wow. Sean Williams, a guy I went to high school with, is in the NBA.

Good jeorb, Nets.

Edit: And the Randolph to the Knicks trade just was completed.

Originally posted by ESPN.com
The Knicks and Trail Blazers, sources say, have reached agreement on a deal that will swap Randolph and teammates Dan Dickau and Fred Jones for guard Steve Francis and Channing Frye. The deal is expected to be announced later Thursday.

Last edited:
I loved how happy Spike Lee was for that trade, I think it's good for both teams, especially the Knicks. Is a Randolph/Curry not the best young frontcourt in the East?

And now Stephen A. and Dickie V are having their annual scream-off. Yes.

And the Spurs will pick another great Euro guy in Tiago Splitter, he's destined to play for that team.

...When he gets his buyout.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
I loved how happy Spike Lee was for that trade, I think it's good for both teams, especially the Knicks. Is a Randolph/Curry not the best young frontcourt in the East?

Can either of them play defense?

and...Big Ben vs Joakim Noah in who will have the most hair! :uhoh:

Last edited:
Next year I see them drafting this guy:

chewbacca.gif

A lot of so-called "experts" are trashing Danny Ainge for the trade, and I really don't know why. The Celtics don't need any more youth, they've got plenty to build with already. Sure, Ray Allen may not be the greatest defensive player, but right now Boston needs to score more over anything else - they were one of the worst in the league last year with that.

And it's not like they gave up a lot for Allen. They still have Jefferson, Rondo, and Green.

I think they've got a decent nucleus now for the next few years. It is the Eastern Conference, after all.

Apparently no one told Billy King that they needed a power forward and that Al Thornton was still on the board at 12. And no one told him they had a small forward named Andre Igoudala.

i suppose it all has to do with how good you think jeff green will be... i think he's the third best prospect in the draft, behind oden and durant... thus then i think in 5 years it will appear as if seattle got a steal, if not sooner.

as a talent i love ray allen... but he did have surgery on both ankles last year... leg problems, esp. for older players, tend to linger and spread... i.e. allen houston, grant hill

and seattle got delante west to boot... who i think is better than rondo and certainly better than telfair.

Last edited:
That kind of was the first thing that came to my mind. Now who is the pg for Boston? I think this trade was horrible for Boston. It seems as if it was a deal that Ainge decided to do as the last option. A panic deal as if to say, look, i'm gonna make changes. I really am!

But Rondo could be good I guess. But Telfair? HA!

I really do think Green will be great too. I especially think so now because he gets to play with a guy like Durant.

I think Danny Ainge made the Allen deal to extend his own life as a GM. The Celtics should be good enough to make the playoffs, maybe even win a series. But they also work themselves out of the sweet spot of future drafts. To be honest the Celtics were in a real tough spot regardless, after they lost out on a top 2 pick.

I've always liked Allen and his game, though. Like other people said, the wild card is how Jeff Green turns out.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
allen is a big risk because of his creaky old ankles... perhaps our resident magic fans can tell us about stars with ankle problems :wink:

if he's healthy then yes, boston will at least be a playoff team in the east, just like the knicks will be a playoff team if zach randolph stays out of jail.

Hey now. :wink:

I don't care about what he says, Grant Hill should take the veteran's minimum and stay in Orlando. He owes it to the team for being such a large factor to their spiral into mediocrity (I also blame Shaq's departure, Brian Hill, and disinterested ownership, but that's another story.)

Fucking Duke doctors.

Best videos ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAB5lOIl-2U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvJGghOuFlQ

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

Hey now. :wink:

I don't care about what he says, Grant Hill should take the veteran's minimum and stay in Orlando. He owes it to the team for being such a large factor to their spiral into mediocrity (I also blame Shaq's departure, Brian Hill, and disinterested ownership, but that's another story.)

Fucking Duke doctors.

Best videos ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAB5lOIl-2U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvJGghOuFlQ

quite frankly these are the greatest cheese doodles i have ever tasted!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i suppose it all has to do with how good you think jeff green will be... i think he's the third best prospect in the draft, behind oden and durant... thus then i think in 5 years it will appear as if seattle got a steal, if not sooner.

as a talent i love ray allen... but he did have surgery on both ankles last year... leg problems, esp. for older players, tend to linger and spread... i.e. allen houston, grant hill

and seattle got delante west to boot... who i think is better than rondo and certainly better than telfair.

Naturally, coming off of surgery is a major deal, but I think Allen will respond well. Especially in the East. Just a hunch.

I also believe Rondo will do well at the point, and I'd watch that second rounder they got, Gabe Pruitt.

Am I being over-optimistic for this team considering how bad it has gone lately? Probably. But I guess I don't have much choice anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom