NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #196
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:54 AM
that's insane. luol deng is a nice player. a good player even... a player who has the potential to perhaps be a star one day. he also has zero chance of ever scratching the surface of the talent level that kobe bryant has... and i don't even like kobe.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:43 PM   #197
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Which team out of these superstar trades has gotten the better deal?

9 times out of 10 it's the team receiving the superstar.

Look at the Barkley to the Suns, Kareem to the Bucks, Moses to the 76ers, Shaq to the Lakers trades, they're all perfect examples.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:45 PM   #198
ONE
love, blood, life

But it's also about what you're putting around the star if you get him. A Hinrich-Kobe-Deng tandem is better than a Hinrich-Kobe-Nocioni with Gordon off the bench tandem. Besides that, Gordon is due for a big extension this summer, and he's not going to sign on the dotted line just to come off the bench behind Kobe. Gordon is the logical centerpiece in a Kobe trade, and I'm telling you, as a Bulls fan, I've read MANY articles that quote Paxson and streamline is line of thought, and I think most Bulls fan would completely SHOCKED if Paxson traded both Deng and Gordon for Kobe. And I'm telling you, most Bulls fans don't want both to be traded for Kobe.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #199
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Which team out of these superstar trades has gotten the better deal?

9 times out of 10 it's the team receiving the superstar.

Look at the Barkley to the Suns, Kareem to the Bucks, Moses to the 76ers, Shaq to the Lakers trades, they're all perfect examples.
You're proving my point. Philly got shit for Barkley. LA got relative shit for Shaq. LA will not get even close to equal value for Kobe.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #200
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Those trades happened because both GMs thought they were trades beneficial for both teams. Of course one guy got screwed on the deal, but it's happened many times, and it will happen again.

Mitch Kupchak might just be the first guy to trade both of his superduperstars for about 30-40 cents on the dollar.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #201
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Those trades happened because both GMs thought they were trades beneficial for both teams. Of course one guy got screwed on the deal, but it's happened many times, and it will happen again.

Mitch Kupchak might just be the first guy to trade both of his superduperstars for about 30-40 cents on the dollar.
I agree with you, but you're not making sense.

On the one hand, you say that the team trading the Superstar never gets the better end of the deal, but on the other hand, you have Chicago giving their whole damn team to LA for Kobe.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

This is what I hear... or WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. I guess he just couldn't make the Lakers his team like he wanted to after Shaq left. Poor baby.

I know this is only one side of the story...Who could make Kwame Brown good yada yada. I am just sick of these high paid players getting whatever they want. Baron Davis cries and gets traded. Vince Carter...waaaaaah and gets traded. I hope he gets stuck in LA and i hope they trade anyone with talent. Poor Poor Kobe...

Eh, I can't let this go because it has been bothering me for a while,

but Kobe finally came out with the word and Shaq admitted to it on Sportscenter, but the reason why Shaq REALLY left was because the GM decided to do it becuase Shaq was demanding too much money, plus Shaq was getting old, so better sooner then later...

I just don't like it when people say it's kobe's fault that Shaq left because it really wasn't..

What Kobe said on his official site was that he did not want to move at all because he was a HUGE Laker fan since 5 years old. But he also said that if nothing goes his way this year, he's gonna want a trade to either the Clippers or the Bulls because he has always said they were both great, young, talented teams.

Most likely I THINK is that Kobe is gonna want to go to the Bulls because he has always talked about the Bulls, and even said a few years ago he was looking at chicago property and was looking forward to playing for the bulls, but called it off, and kept with the Lakers...
Old 05-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #203
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

On the one hand, you say that the team trading the Superstar never gets the better end of the deal, but on the other hand, you have Chicago giving their whole damn team to LA for Kobe.
and chicago would get the better deal
Old 05-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #204
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Headache said it best:

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

key difference... the east sucks, the west is good, and is only getting better.

put the lakers in the east and where are they... third? fourth? are they really worse than cleveland? really? honestly? kobe's better than lebron... odom's better than anyone else on the cavs... and phil's certainly the better coach.

kobe bryant's the best player in the league. put him in the east and whatever team he's on is an instant contender for the eastern conference title. put him on a team that's already just a piece short, such as chicago, and they're the favorites. deng, gordon and wallace for kobe and bynum? in a heart beat.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #205
Blue Crack Distributor

all ya gotta do is get to the finals and anything can happen... the west obviously has the better teams.

the lakers obviously had more talent than detroit a few years back, too.

kobe + eastern conference team = instant contender.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #206
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
And I'm telling you, most Bulls fans don't want both to be traded for Kobe.
do you think most bulls fans just don't like kobe because he is not on the bulls and could be one of the most talented players in the NBA right now?

I just think if we got Kobe we'd be fine and dominate in the playoffs
Old 05-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #207
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

I think its worth it
Old 05-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

and chicago would get the better deal
No, no they wouldn't.

You're talking about giving up two guys who will at some point average in the neighborhood of 25ppg, with Deng also in the neighborhood of 6-10 boards per game, PLUS Tyrus, PLUS the draft pick, all for a 30 year old who has 2, maybe 3 years before he starts to really decline.

It would be worth if for those two or three years we had a legitimate no-questions-asked window for a championship, but no matter how bad you think the East is, you are nuts if you think Noc/Kobe/Hinrich/Thabo/Duhon are going to the finals. Seriously.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #209
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think so
Old 05-30-2007, 10:26 PM   #210
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by tpsreports2424
I think so