NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
well word is miami may want compensation if van gundy goes to orlando

pat riley, he is a scumbag

yeah, they will want some compensation from retrieving van gundy from riley's doghouse.

he's definitely a class act :down:

I've never heard Mark Jackson change the tone and/or pitch of his voice.

I think the lack of a post about game 1 of the finals during the game and for now 7+ hours after the game speaks volumes.
Word is the game may score some Blutarski ratings in major cities not named Hello Cleveland or San Antonio (Not that those are particularly major).

Anyone know/care who won?

apparently when he landed he spilled cousin larry's popcorn

Hewson said:
I think the lack of a post about game 1 of the finals during the game and for now 7+ hours after the game speaks volumes.
Word is the game may score some Blutarski ratings in major cities not named Hello Cleveland or San Antonio (Not that those are particularly major).

Anyone know/care who won?

eh hem... this was my lone observation from game 1, thank you very much.

i'm trying to figure out whom i dislike more... greg anthony or mark jackson :hmm:

as for the game it's self, i did watch about 5 minutes of it... saw lebron make a spin move into the lane and was getting ready to pass to the wing... apparently the centrifugal force created by said spin move was enough to send manu bartokomous flying into the third row.

it is at this point that i changed the channel. mean girls was on tnt.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:
Spurs played great... solid basketball as they call it.

And Manu rules, of course... :wink:

any nba team that can not break 90 points in a game, let alone 100, is not playing "great."

they are effective, effecient, and cleary the better team. scoring less than 90 points in a 48 minute game? that's not "great."

for example... the 1984 nba finals. two truely great nba teams... boston vs. LA.

game 1 - LA 115 - BOS 109
game 2 - BOS 124 - LA 121 (OT)
game 3 - LA 137 - BOS 104
game 4 - BOS 129 - LA 125 (OT)
game 5 - BOS 121 - LA 103
game 6 - LA 119 - BOS 108
game 7 - BOS 111 - LA 102

that, my friend, is greatness.

Re: apparently when he landed he spilled cousin larry's popcorn

mean girls was on tnt.
Crap. I was unaware of this fact. I like how the youngest Salenger sister has blossomed, and would have enjoyed checking her out in that fine piece of cinematic art.

the magic have to give miami a 2nd round pick & the right to swap picks with the heat in 2008 (lottery protected... who knew you could protect draft picks :happy: ) in exchange for van gundy.

that pat riley, he is a scumbag. take the guy's job a year after he was a hurt diane wade rib from the finals, then when he goes to get a new job, take draft picks away from his new team.

I could really care less about draft picks anyway, the Magic have only had 2 good draft picks since Mike Miller:

Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson.

The jury's still out on Jameer though.

Riley is still a dick though.

I definitely agree. He's averaging 17 and 12 based on pure athleticism, but he made a decent stride towards stardom.

I can't wait until he gets a post move and a decent 15-foot jumper. If defenders have to respect his shot, he has enough athleticism to get the first step and blow right by them for an easy lay-up or dunk. Well, if he's being guarded by someone like Rasho Nesterovic.

Speaking of the Magic, is it true Rashard Lewis is interested in signing with them? If that's the case, that'd be great. I just hope re-signing Darko won't take up much of the cap.

two things need to happen for orlando, in my mind, to leapfrog the bulls, pistons & cavs

a) howard needs to be a legit 22+, 12+ and 3 guy. he needs to take that next step.
b) they need a legit #2 (or #1) scoring option to howard, and they need a pure shooter to make teams pay for double teaming howard and option #2 (or figure out how to get JJ more involved)

You're definitely right about Dwight. He also needs to learn to shoot free throws, I cannot stress this enough.

Redick can be that scoring threat, I simply cannot understand why he wasn't played more. If the Lewis rumors are true, I think he could be that other scoring threat, too.

the few times i watched the magic this year, i'd see JJ on the court... he'd miss one shot, and they wouldn't pass him the ball again. a few minutes later he'd be out. he was wide open at times, too. wouldn't pass it to him.

perhaps JJ's a douche and they don't like him :shrug: i dunno... didn't make much sense to me. boy can shoot the bejeebus out of that ball

Exactly, even when he wasn't shooting he could spread the floor.

What was Van Gundy's coaching style, again? I forget.

I'm just happy they have a competent coach. :up:

Every time I picture Jeff Van Gundy playing basketball, I just think of this:

vangundy.jpg

Is that Marcus Gumby holding him back?

And is he going at Terry Porter?

:lmao:

no no... he's trying to hold back camby, who is attempting to punch current cavs GM danny ferry in the noggin. camby missed, and in doing so head butted van gundy, who needed a bunch of stiches in his eye afterwords... the man just can't stay out of physical altercations with much much bigger people...

lg_vangundy_ap-01.jpg

process.jpg

hs1623246_1.jpg

Top photos is one of my business clients, always thought he resembled JVG a tad, epecially in years past before adding a few lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom