NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
Me too.

Speaking seriously, do you think the Cavs have a chance against the Spurs? I just don't see it.

i have the sneaky suspicion that an extra eye will be kept on bowen's tricks and balki's flopps, esp. if lebron is involved... just to keep things interesting.

san antonio is obviously the superiour team... they should win in 5, if not in a sweep... but i could see some sketchy things going on and it being extended to 6 or even 7

Well, bad choice of words...they of course have a chance, sorry.

I just would be 100% shocked if they even took the series to 6. I hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see a good, close series. Yeah, Lebron has a but of a messianic complex, but, at least his play on the floor is largely unselfish.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
when did daniel gibson become "boobie?"

After the team watched Friday Night Lights?

I was thinking the same thing.

And there goes Mr. Big Shot's Big Money.

lebron uses a few too many me, my and i's whenever he's in a postgame news conference for my liking...

"i told my team that i'd put them on my back and carry us through"

said the same exact thing last night to a buddy of mine.

It will be interesting to see how the finals are officiated.
If leBron gets a lot of the iffy calls, peoplw will theorize the NBA is trying to create the "next Jordan" and hand him a title.

Imagine what the 80's Lakers or Celtics would do to the '07 Cavs in a 7 (okay 4 is all it would take) game series.

I'd like to see Cleveland compete but I still think Flops in 5.

Reports are surfacing that Donovan is attempting to back out of his deal with the Magic, and to return to UF.

Agreed on LeBron. Just wow for Game 5.

Wow, just heard about the Donovan thing. The Magic are contemplating whether let him out of his contract or not. They'll let him out, I assume. Always interesting when these things happen, at least to me. I wish I knew if Donovan just slept on it for a few nights and realized he has it really good at Florida, or if there are other factors. I remember when Bobby Cremins did this with South Carolina.

the 80's lakers or celtics would beat the cavs by so much that they'd cancel the series after 3 games

Larry Bird is not walking through that door. Magic Johnson is not walking through that door. Kevin McHale is not walking through that door.

All the negativity in this post sucks.

Billy Donovan is an idiot. I understand his situation, but at least he could've thought this over BEFORE he signed the contract. After this whole mess, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want him as the coach.

Bring on Ron Jeremy.

200502210933534Stan-Van-Gundy.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:
Billy Donovan is an idiot. I understand his situation, but at least he could've thought this over BEFORE he signed the contract. After this whole mess, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want him as the coach.

Bring on Ron Jeremy.

200502210933534Stan-Van-Gundy.jpg

Sure, he handled the situation poorly, but what are the Magic supposed to do -- make him coach a team he doesn't really want to coach?

Make him pay damages, sign a non-compete agreement, whatever -- but I doubt the Magic are going to dwell on this too much.

Opposing college coaches, on the other hand, have some real ammo whenever they recruit a kid who's thinking about Florida.

Yeah, that's exactly how they should play it with Donovan. I just hope they don't leave Van Gundy hanging for too long and he decides to take the Sacramento job.

But would you rather coach Dwight Howard in the East (and have a chance to play the Heat 4 times a season.) or Ron Artest in the West?

Exactly.

We're hoping that because of Kevin Durant's recent pathetic bench press showing at the NBA Draft Camp - he couldn't lift 185 lbs. even once - he'll fall all the way to the Warriors at the 18th pick. We'd gladly take him and his puny arms.

While that's pretty unlikely, we thought we'd take a look at how other athletes and celebrities have fared over the years with the bench press. We should note that not all of the numbers we've compiled are for max lifts. If they use certain weights for reps, we'll mention that. Our list is below, but all you really need to know is this, our current President benches more than Durant.

President Bush: 5 reps of 185 lbs.
Brady Quinn: Max - 350 lbs. and 28 reps of 225 lbs.
Yao Ming: Max - 300 lbs.
Former Cowboys offensive lineman Larry Allen: Max - 700 lbs.
Former NHL hockey goon Tony Twist: Max - 405 lbs.
Refrigerator Perry: Max - 465 lbs.
LaDainian Tomlinson: Max - 430 lbs.
The Rock: Max - 425 lbs.
Reggie Bush: Max - 335 lbs.
Matt Leinart: Never did one (Somehow I'm not surprised).
Power lifter and world bench press record holder Scot Mendelson: Max - 715 lbs.
MMA fighter and former pro football player Bob "The Beast" Sapp: Max - 600+ lbs.
Titans offensive lineman Justin Geisinger: Max - 600 lbs. and 43 reps of 225 lbs.
Former wrestler SuperFly Jimmy Snuka: Max - 525 lbs.
Shaq: Claimed Max - 455 lbs.
Arnold Schwarzenegger: Best ever Max - 455 lbs.
JaMarcus Russell: Max - 335 lbs.
49ers Tight End Vernon Davis: Max - 465 lbs.
Olympic Gold medalist and current pro wrestler Kurt Angle: Max - 420 lbs.
Dwight Howard: Max - 345 lbs.
Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Derek Landri: Max - 425 lbs.
Actor Hugh Jackman: Max - 315 lbs. (during X-Men)
Former wrestler Brett "The Hitman" Hart: Max - 405 lbs.
Actor Will Smith: Max - 385 lbs. (during I-Robot)
100 meter dash world record holder Maurice Green: Max -365 lbs.
Michael Vick: Max - 335 lbs.
Tedd Ginn Jr.: Max - 250 lbs.
Former wrestler Lex Luger: 5 reps of 405 lbs.
Actor Jack Lemmon: Claimed Max - 300+ lbs. (I assume this is a joke)
Tiger Woods: Max - 300 lbs. Reportedly does reps at 190 lbs.
Wilt Chamberlain: Witnesses claim he once benched 465 lbs.

http://100percentinjuryrate.blogspot.com/2007/06/george-w-bush-and-lot-of-other-guys.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom