NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Magic clinched a playoff spot! :hyper:

They should still fire Brian Hill, but I'm still psyched!

oo

bulls- 101, wizards- 66..

I wish they were playing the bulls in the playoffs since they are screwed now with Arenas out for the whole season and Butler out too..

too bad:drool:

I was really hoping for a Bulls-Heat first round matchup, but I doubt it will happen now. A Bulls-Nets matchup would be very interesting to watch though.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I was really hoping for a Bulls-Heat first round matchup, but I doubt it will happen now. A Bulls-Nets matchup would be very interesting to watch though.

Why would you want Bulls-Heat? They Heat would just make things more difficult for the Bulls. The Heat and the Pistons are the teams we want to avoid until the ECF(I'm optimistic).

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yes, the Magic clinched a playoff spot! :hyper:

They should still fire Brian Hill, but I'm still psyched!
Yeah I'd be psyched if I were a Magic fan, up 78-59 after 3, up 85-68 with 6 minutes left, and beat the Celtics, with no Paul Pierce, 88-86.
The playoffs will be a quick exercise in the business end of a broom for the Magic.

Hewson said:
Yeah I'd be psyched if I were a Magic fan, up 78-59 after 3, up 85-68 with 6 minutes left, and beat the Celtics, with no Paul Pierce, 88-86.
The playoffs will be a quick exercise in the business end of a broom for the Magic.

I'm happy they made the playoffs, not that they made it that way. Even if they get their asses kicked, which they will, they needed to get in to save some face.

I would be in ecstacy if they fired Brian Hill and nabbed a great coach like Rick Carlisle in the off-season, which could possibly happen. If you get outcoached by Doc Rivers more than once, you should be fired on the spot. He just doesn't know how to rotate players in and out, it's ridiculous.

namkcuR said:

Why would you want Bulls-Heat? They Heat would just make things more difficult for the Bulls. The Heat and the Pistons are the teams we want to avoid until the ECF(I'm optimistic).

I want the Bulls to knock off the Heat as quickly as possible, and I think they can do it.

Last edited:
Shaq and Wade are great, there's no doubt, but I don't see any of their role players other than Mourning, Kapono, and maybe, maybe Posey amounting to much.

Plus, there is obvious bad blood between the Bulls and Heat, which will make for a fun series to watch. The Bulls are playing some great basketball right now.

once again, just a splendid idea out of jim dolan, giving isiah a contract extension and all... not like there's a top quality GM that's gonna be available this summer or anything...

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Jerry West will leave as the Memphis Grizzlies' director of basketball operations July 1, saying he's "not a youngster" and weary of the turmoil surrounding the team.

West, one of the NBA's great players and executives with the Los Angeles Lakers, will end a five-year stint with the former expansion franchise.

West, who turns 69 in May, had been under contract only through this season and said Tuesday many factors played into his decision.

"I'm not a youngster anymore," said West, who disclosed his plans during an end-of-season meeting with reporters.

"I think the wear and tear of the season, particularly like this (has been tough). There's been a lot of turmoil here. The ownership thing have made it very difficult to concentrate on what we need to do here to improve our basketball team."

FP0595~Oh-Shit-Posters.jpg

I know Joe Crawford personally and he's a good guy.

That said, I have no idea what the hell he was thinking with the Tim Duncan call.

When The Logo is available and you run one of the premier franchises in the league, you start thinking.

Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan told WFAN radio in New York on Tuesday that he would consider bringing Jerry West aboard if Knicks coach Isiah Thomas requested him.

"If he thought that Jerry could help him, and Jerry was willing to go and they could work it out, I'd be prime for this," Dolan told WFAN. "But I think that's highly speculative."

On Tuesday, West announced that he will step down as Grizzlies director of basketball operations July 1.

Dolan signed Thomas, who is coach and president, to a contract extension March 11, but the Knicks have tumbled since then and will not make the playoffs. They should be in line for a lottery pick, but they must swap picks with the Bulls as part of the Eddy Curry deal.

Even though Dolan has tremendous respect for West, he said he wouldn't "say to Isiah, 'Hey, Isiah, Jerry's coming in and you've got to take it.' No, I would never do that."

Dolan was asked why.

"Because I made a commitment to Isiah," Dolan told the station. "And I made a commitment that the whole team feels, and a commitment to a strategy. And when you make a commitment, a commitment's a commitment."

really, just kill me now

Got Philk? said:
But think about it this way. Even if you had the pick, you would probably end up taking someone from...say...the California Penal League?

Well hey, he was the MVP of the NIT I guess.

Charlie Sheen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom