NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he doesn't PASS the ball. :wink: Maybe I did...ha! I don't remember. I'm saying that as a leader, there's a time to get in teammate's faces, and there's a time to give a grown man some space.

Look, not to compare the two forever, but I see some major differences in how Jordan decided to lead his team and how Kobe has decided to lead his team.

Jordan bought into the triangle, where it's been said Kobe goes away from the Triangle offense more than Jordan ever did. Yah, Jordan was the man. But even he bought into the roles of everyone on the team. He knew the importance of his teammates and MADE THEM BETTER. Kobe wants his teammates to do more.

I tell you this story. Steve Kerr once in practice got so sick of Jordan trash talking him, that he finally threw down and punched MJ in the face! He gave Jordan a black eye. Yet, the team won a championship that year, and the next I believe.

Let's say that Luke Walton did that. Got pissed, punched Kobe in the face. I guarentee that within a week, Kobe would get Walton traded off his team.

Great player! Unbelievable talent! I just have yet to see the teamwork of a championship team under Kobe's guidance.

edit: tps, don't take this as a personal slam ok? You can like Kobe all you want. I mean this for everyone to read and respond to.

dude, this is not personal to the least, im just joking and having fun with you!:wink:

I read the Phil Jackson book like the last season or what ever it was called and he was talking about kobe hating the triangle...

And beleive me, I think Jordan is the best person who has ever picked up a basketball...well in his earlier years:wink:

and yes i know how kobe is and really about the luke walton thing, if that ever did happen, of course that would happen to him...there's just a thing about me that loves watching kobe play and kobe being my favorite player..

and btw, say anything about kobe all you want, and i promise i wont get pissed off or take it personally...

haha carmelo is doin the ONE campaign..

he has a myspace which is weird to me but to the kobe bryant site, that is actually his..

in his pics it shows him warmin up with 2 ONE bands...pretty cool

and sorry for my 3rd post in a row but,

really what is the elastic sleve that allen iverson and carmelo wear?

is it like show and tell or does it really have a meaning to it?

and the tights that jason williams wears...

Got Philk? said:
I tell you this story. Steve Kerr once in practice got so sick of Jordan trash talking him, that he finally threw down and punched MJ in the face! He gave Jordan a black eye. Yet, the team won a championship that year, and the next I believe.

i always thought the story was the other way around... that jordan punched out kerr, and then jordan got kerr's number from the trainer and called him to appologize.

thought i saw it on sportscentury

tpsreports2424 said:
and sorry for my 3rd post in a row but,

really what is the elastic sleve that allen iverson and carmelo wear?

is it like show and tell or does it really have a meaning to it?

and the tights that jason williams wears...

the tights are supposed to keep your legs warm throughout the game... they were banned by the nba after last season unless you have a medical reason to wear 'em.

as for the iverson sleeve, it's supposed to help support his elbow, and he does have medical clearance to wear it, but most think it's just for show.

there was a rumor for a while that it was covering up an obscene tattoo, but that's been denied.

tpsreports2424 said:
haha carmelo is doin the ONE campaign..

he has a myspace which is weird to me but to the kobe bryant site, that is actually his..

in his pics it shows him warmin up with 2 ONE bands...pretty cool

they're not ONE bands... well, probably not.

his wristbands tend to change color depending on what uniform they're wearing...

107527274_79fa5ccdb0.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i always thought the story was the other way around... that jordan punched out kerr, and then jordan got kerr's number from the trainer and called him to appologize.

thought i saw it on sportscentury

I saw the same thing on sportscentury.

they're not ONE bands... well, probably not.

his wristbands tend to change color depending on what uniform they're wearing...

107527274_79fa5ccdb0.jpg

Well on his myspace photo collection he has a pic of him warming up laying down with a pics right like on his face and hes making an X with his arms and right below the pic it says...

Gettin up on the ONE campagin

plus if you look it says ONE on the band

the tights are supposed to keep your legs warm throughout the game... they were banned by the nba after last season unless you have a medical reason to wear 'em.

as for the iverson sleeve, it's supposed to help support his elbow, and he does have medical clearance to wear it, but most think it's just for show.

there was a rumor for a while that it was covering up an obscene tattoo, but that's been denied.

why were they banned??

tpsreports2424 said:

Well on his myspace photo collection he has a pic of him warming up laying down with a pics right like on his face and hes making an X with his arms and right below the pic it says...

Gettin up on the ONE campagin

plus if you look it says ONE on the band

:shrug: i'm mildly impressed with carmello then...

only mildly.

and last question,

when I was watching the all star game, I saw a lot of them wearing this gel padding, but with like dots below their jersey..

and I saw kobe wearing it on his shins once..

just wanted to know what type of padding that is..

yeah here is some photos...

Here's 5 pictures..

this is on Kobe's shins...
zoomkobe_09-1.jpg

this is on Wade's thighs...
wadeAmare_400_070218.jpg

Another on Wade's thighs
shaqwade_600_070218-1.jpg

On the side of Kobe, (kinda under his arm:
kobelaces_400_070218.jpg

In Carmelo's sleeve
fullj.jpg

thetitans2k said:
It's the ice-hot sleeve as endorsed by Shaq.

On his back, it looks like a little patch.

On someone like Steve Nash's back, it looks like a beach towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom